Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 12017 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2022, 03:56:02 pm »

Side note, does Card Cancer effect Hell Broth
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2022, 04:32:28 pm »

Why would it? I don't get it.
Edit: In order for that to work, you would somehow need to find a way to card cancer the hell broth before it is played. To the best of my knowledge, you do not have any cards that are able to set up a situation where you could do that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:35:52 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2022, 04:39:44 pm »

If the infected card would destroy another card, it would return under the effects of Hell Broth. When the destroyed card returned to play, it would also be infected. Likewise, Summer Maiden would generate "Infected Stars" which would infect anything summoned via them in this case.

I question if infection can stack or not, but I'm guessing no.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2022, 05:05:38 pm »

Idea for a card.
Sleeping Abomination:
Play this card face down. If this card took damage while facedown, flip it face up and negate all damage dealt by the card which triggered this effect. This card can attack immediately after being flipped up.
My Power armor arms race

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2022, 05:43:18 pm »

Actually, I think it would. Cards are 'reset' by going to the discard pile, but the card cancer effect doesn't state that it ends when the infected card is destroyed.

Man I am letting this game get confusing.
I definitely think that would fall under how I intended it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2022, 05:58:31 pm »

Idea for a card.
Sleeping Abomination:
Play this card face down. If this card took damage while facedown, flip it face up and negate all damage dealt by the card which triggered this effect. This card can attack immediately after being flipped up.
To be fair, they can normally do that, and don't think you can immediately flip a card the turn it's played facedown?

Sleeping Dragon
Play this card face down. If this card took damage while facedown, you can flip it face up at the end of that turn, and it's Hearts becomes equal to the amount of damage dealt to all cards by the card(s) which damaged it while facedown. It's Attack becomes the maximum damage a card could deal while it was facedown.

Interrupt cards during a foes turn are not the best things to rule. This card has 0 health and has it's attack equal to the max damage dealt to it.

Not the best though unless you want it to be a higher star cost.

Angry Angry Dragonbirds

If this card is in your hand and you can play a card, you can pay this card's star cost, then banish a card with 0 hearts from a discard pile; return any cards that card destroyed to their owner's hand from the discard piles. They do not take up the per turn card limit when first played. Afterwards this card enters play gaining Attack equal to the number of cards returned by it's effect and a depletable shield against effect damage equal to that number.

Probably a star cost card. A fairly high one at that. High HP and Low-Decent Attack make for a pretty strong card to have, since it can undo the damage a card did. The drawback is a benefit in some ways, but it's always going to be pricey.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2022, 06:05:05 pm »

Feast of the Strigoi, spell, "All cards in the graveyard are banished. Gain hearts equal to the starting hearts of the banished cards."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2022, 06:21:55 pm »

Hey spin. Your firebase is still in play right? Do you have a gateless gate? By casting that on a firebase you can get a third hit out of it. Or a second one if you didn't spend the star.
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2022, 06:31:43 pm »

Firebase destroys a target, hits directly, and then surprise attacks a third time for game.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2022, 06:32:25 pm »

Hey spin. Your firebase is still in play right? Do you have a gateless gate? By casting that on a firebase you can get a third hit out of it. Or a second one if you didn't spend the star.
I'm aware, but I have a bigger plan in the works. :P

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2022, 06:32:39 pm »

I'm aware, but I have a bigger plan in the works. :P
Fair enough.
My Power armor arms race

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2022, 07:47:29 pm »

Mountain of Bodies' effect is that it has the combined stats of the cards used to exile it right? If I gateless gate it, it therefore stands to reason it becomes a zero zero.
Nevermind saw the earlier ruling about that.
Anyways. I'm tempted to work on an alternate win condition set of cards for a few turns.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 08:48:18 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2022, 08:59:47 am »

G
If you play this card, reduce a player's Hearts to 0. This card's cost cannot be altered, nor can it enter play other than the normal way. This card cannot be used as cost, sacrifice, discard, or any other method that interacts with other cards. It's play cannot be responded to. 20 ATK, 20 Hearts, 20 Stars.
The Original TCG Star.
Alternatively: The greatest power in the universe is LOVE.

This is more a meme card.

Also, dgr. Game's not over till it's over. Storm Cell + Bombardment + Meteor Storm + Virus tick is 12 damage. They did not account for that in their turn. And the Virus tick should occur twice per your turn, so Bombardment would have resulted in it's death at the end of your turn, no meteor shower needed. Though clearing the field is good and nets two stars.

*Card Name: Road to Infinity's End
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: White
Attack: 0
Hearts: 0
Stars: 0
Card Effect: This card remains on the field, cannot attack/block, and can only leave via it's effect. Each player reveals drawn cards, then places Color Counters on this card for each new color revealed this way. If this card has 7+ Color Counters, send this card to the discard pile, then apply one of the following effects you have yet to chose this match:
*Gain 7 Stars, and you can reveal a card in your hand. It does not count to your per turn card limit when next played.
*Reveal the top 7 cards of either deck, then select one card to play immediately, paying it's cost.
*Add 7 cards with different Colors from the discard pile(s) to your hand, then banish 7 cards with different Colors from your hand.
*Declare 1 card name, that card cannot attack, block, or activate effects for the rest of the match.

Flavor Text: Reach out to the end. What awaits there is the end of a dream.
Metadata: Just a fun mental exercise.
Reference:

Something else.

*Card Name: Planetary Frost
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Dark Grey
Attack: 0
Hearts: 0
Stars: 0
Card Effect: All cards currently in play can no longer block or attack.
Flavor Text: The sun falls, the stars die, life lies frozen forever.
Metadata: If the above effect is too much, instead make it a single target effect. Though given the existence of a wide-area bombardment and fog of war...
Reference: The Freeze card from the first CYOCGTCG.

For people who want to make it. It's basically a shutdown card, even if downgraded into a single target effect.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 08:37:50 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2022, 02:41:20 pm »

Design Phase starts now!
Note that any card designs you made prior to this post will be disregarded for this design phase, so make sure you post the one design you want!

In order to even out team card counts, Halkgen may create 1 additional card this phase.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2022, 05:06:23 pm »

... DGR, I'm fairly sure from Strik brining the mountain that they were all using the same deck. You'd managed to kill it, so you were in a good position. They at most had two copies, and pacifist can't kill...

Please don't give up so easily and believe in your cards?

Moving on. Can we have the extra card be Planetary Frost? It does shut things on the field down more permanently.

*Card Name: Invader Guardians
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Dark Green
Attack: 12+
Hearts: 8
Stars: High as needed (Most likely 5 or 6. 5 stats base, +3 stars for a 20 statline. Then 2 or 3 for the effects.)
Card Effect: This card is unaffected by other card effects. If battling another card that would be destroyed by that battle, take no damage if their Original Attack is less than 8. When this card destroys another card, gain 1 Star. This card deals half-damage when attacking directly if there were blockers at the start of the turn.
Flavor Text: The forest holds many secrets, and the gods more so. Trespass not upon the laws of nature.
Metadata: Unaffected by card effects, so can't be revived. (or searched? Or as part of a cost? GM input) A high-star card meant to be able fight most foes without issue. Expensive as expected, but it is a high-star card. No expenses forgone for a heavy hitter.)[Added Damage reduction for direct attacks when there were blockers at turn start. So no meteor strike followed by direct attack dealing 12 damage.]{Added [Superiority]. The second effect has been edited to have an upper cap. So a card either needs to break an Attack or Hearts cap to deal damage.}
Reference: Princess Mononoke

Also we need instant star gen. Solo Star doesn't help as much as I might like given we would need other cards to flip..

« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 08:56:11 am by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23