Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 12044 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2022, 04:01:56 pm »

Um, it says the start of each turn? Supernerd?

I don't understand what you are trying to ask. Please be more clear if there is an actual question you want to ask me.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2022, 04:07:05 pm »

Sorry, more meant Firebase. Start of each turn means my turn only?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2022, 04:15:46 pm »

According to rule 17, that should be correct, presuming that the same function counts for things that happen at the start of turns as functions that happen at the end of turns.

"17) If a card says it does something "At the end of each turn", this only means your own turns unless it specifically states otherwise."

Also I think I'm going to loose this one.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 04:20:09 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2022, 04:25:20 pm »

Also I think I'm going to loose this one.
Looks like it. I might lose mine if I can't get a Firebase out soon-ish. Unfortunately they all seem to be buried deep in my deck.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2022, 04:36:20 pm »

Correct. Firebase only triggers at the start of your own turns.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2022, 04:36:34 pm »

Geneva Convention: At the beginning of the game this card is automatically played from your deck. Your opponent may choose to discard a random card from their deck, if they do add the following field effect "No cards which deal damage to all cards on the field may be used by either side" this field effect stays for the entire game. If the enemy does not discard a card. This card is banished.
"War has rules, if both sides follow them things are a lot less horrible"

Alternate name "Laws of war"

Alternate effect: At the beginning of the game this card is automatically played from your deck. Your opponent may choose to discard a random card from their deck, if they do take turns naming cards, both sides must name an equal number of cards. Add the following field effect for the rest of the game "Cards with the following names cannot be played:(Insert the list you made earlier.)"

The alternate effect would just let us agree to ban certain cards for both sides.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 04:45:28 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2022, 03:32:23 pm »

So. To some up our current situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMVNlCYGlaM

That is not a card that can be beaten directly, ever. Not to mention the fact that they can just wipe our entire field the moment we get an advantage over them. Infantry(0Star cards) are officially useless to us as a result. As is anything with less than 5 hearts. How in the world is that a 2 star!

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2022, 03:35:15 pm »

We have some serious star gain with even a hint of board presence though. BFG returning Summer star maiden repeatedly quickly accrues massive amounts of stars. So we build some cards to directly convert stars into loads of damage. Never have something on the board for them to hit.

Make Infantry which does something when it dies as well, more star gain or exiling/murdering things when they die.
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2022, 03:43:32 pm »

Give us nanomachines dgrson.

Had I brought Gate I ask Supernerd if that would have negated it's stats. As is Fog just kills combined with complete field wipes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 03:47:09 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2022, 04:10:03 pm »

Afraid not. A card's stats are not considered part of its effect, and the effect doesn't need to repeatedly trigger.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2022, 04:24:12 pm »

*Card Name: River Twister
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Dark Blue
Attack: 0
Hearts: 0
Stars: 0
Card Effect: Banish targeted card from play, then banish a card with an equal or greater star cost from your hand, field, deck, or discard pile, if any.
Flavor Text: The twister sweeps you up when you least expect it.
Metadata:
Reference:

Plain, simple, and mean. No more fun, just removal. Not dealing with fog monsters.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 07:52:29 am by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2022, 08:15:16 pm »

So. To some up our current situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMVNlCYGlaM

That is not a card that can be beaten directly, ever. Not to mention the fact that they can just wipe our entire field the moment we get an advantage over them. Infantry(0Star cards) are officially useless to us as a result. As is anything with less than 5 hearts. How in the world is that a 2 star!
A single face down BFG counters it though, because it gets bounced right back to the hand and because it exiles its food from the graveyard it can't use the same cards for stats again even if it gets immediately replayed.

Something like this would also fairly directly screw it over.
"Self-Destruction Override : This card can only be played on a card with Hearts. The card this is played on deals its own combat damage to itself."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2022, 06:11:54 am »

You talking about the corpse pile? Example: "Bonfire of the Vanities: as long as this card remains in play, all destroyed cards are burned instead of sent to the graveyard. If no cards are destroyed on a turn while this card is in play, a random card from the graveyard, if any, is burned instead."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2022, 11:34:14 am »

Would Corpse Pile catch card cancer if it used a card that had it as part of its summoning?
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2022, 03:32:03 pm »

Actually, I think it would. Cards are 'reset' by going to the discard pile, but the card cancer effect doesn't state that it ends when the infected card is destroyed.

Man I am letting this game get confusing.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23