Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 11975 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2022, 07:24:29 am »

Keep on, maybe we can win. Or at the least force a 2v2. The weakness of the anglerfish is thorn ward and the guardians.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 11, 2022, 07:53:34 am »

I will point out that you cannot 'force' a 2v2, as it only happens if both teams choose to go to an area in progress. I made it this way to discourage deliberately stalling a game or something.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 11, 2022, 11:03:48 am »

Not really saying to stall, but if the game does go on for that long?

Though not sure it will ever come to a point design phases are going during a match.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 11:56:30 am by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 12, 2022, 05:36:15 pm »

As a question to Supernerd, can we develop cards that grant regional effects and overwrite the current ones? They don't have any stats, but stick around until another of their type is played.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 12, 2022, 05:49:46 pm »

I don't see a rule that says you can't.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 12, 2022, 07:04:27 pm »

Guess who just drew a third Invader Guardians? Me.

It's not as though I can use them though. My hand is currently three Invader Guardians, one Fall Festival Maiden, one Energy Ward, one Hypersummon, and one Beetle Brood. Assuming I don't get crushed next turn I'm just going to have to Energy Ward the Nagalfar I have right now and try to generate some more stars. Unfortunately I'm probably going to end up forfeiting this one again.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 12, 2022, 07:12:53 pm »

As noted, the only card we know of that can force a board state change is God Candidate Waifu. Which if you gather enough Invaders on the board might allow for a push.

Or more usefully, Firebase to force them to bombard themselves, though if you manage to hypersummon it.. The Anglerfish forces an attack, but attacks can't be made because of the boat's effect. So yeah, GCW is the only card we know of that could turn the tide of stall.

So, energy wall and try and get the Invader Guardians out. And/or a boosted Firebase to start cutting down foes. Or something entirely different.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 07:15:01 pm by TricMagic »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 12, 2022, 07:14:53 pm »

Invader Guardians costs 6 stars. Firebase costs 3. Currently I have 0.

Note that Nagalfar was ruled to only apply its anti-attack effect once.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 12, 2022, 07:22:44 pm »

... That makes it a fairly weak card then given it can usually just get blasted away.

... Yeah, our cards can't really keep up with the amount of power they just have on hand. I'd vote for Oblivion Fairy with it's enter battle effect of banishing, but for whatever reason think Supernerd would nerf it. (Of note, it needs to occur when it battles rather than when it's destroyed, specifically because of God Candidate Waifu just ignoring and stealing it, as does their other 6 Star. It also needs Haste to act as a spell-type, otherwise it just gets blasted, but that's honestly likely to increase cost.)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 08:16:13 pm by TricMagic »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 12, 2022, 07:48:56 pm »

It kinda feels like our cards are just not as good, in general? Kinda? But also like that's our fault for not designing enough synergy.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 12, 2022, 08:15:45 pm »

Problem one is we pretty much approach things as on theme. Problem 2 is almost complete lack of communication when questions get asked. I could have put out Spring Flower Maiden a turn earlier and asked if I should if someone else designed a boss monster.

*Card Name: Shadowed Nights
*Card Picture/Region Frame:
*Background Color: Grey
Attack: 0
Hearts: 0
Stars: 0
Card Effect: This card overwrites the current Region effects. The following effects now apply to all players.
  • Halloween cards can be added from the discard pile to your hand instead of drawing a card.
  • Halloween cards with at least 1 Heart gain +1 Attack & +1 Heart.
  • If a card does not attack, flip it face-down at the end of the turn.

Flavor Text: Full of fright.
Metadata: Region card. Bring the spooky to them. Region-type card.
Reference: This is Halloween.

Completed Region card design. Rip Max. *Thematic is ghosts, spiders, witches, and pumpkins. All the spooky skeltons.*
Fall Festival Maiden probably doesn't count though. BFG on steroids.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 08:26:39 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2022, 05:17:30 pm »

Design Phase starts now!
As usual, all the card ideas you made prior to this post will be disregarded completely. This time I'll give the extra design to... Oh... Lets say Elric the Brown Haired.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2022, 05:33:36 pm »

How many in favor of a discard card being made?

*Card Name: [EXAMPLE] Hand Threshing
*Card Picture:
*Background Color:
Attack: 4
Hearts: 0
Stars: 0
Card Effect: Play this card facedown. (It cannot be manually flipped, but can be attacked.)  At the start of your turn, you can discard a card from your hand to flip this card face-up. When this card is flipped, your opponent discards 2 cards at the end of your turn and gains 2 Hearts for each discarded. (If they cannot, discard 1 if possible.)
Flavor Text: Hand threshed of every grain, though beware of splitting.
Metadata:
Reference: Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin

Note this would basically be a turn of various face-down cards. Tricks and traps to beguile the mind.
And yeah, this card is very much a trap target, given it's Attack will hurt anything flipping it, and force discards.
Works with Fall Maiden too. Which is good given it's harvest season.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 05:41:38 pm by TricMagic »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2022, 08:01:43 pm »

Yeah, I don't know what we do here. It seems like we're losing at every turn in most aspects of the game. Not enough engine, not enough ramp, not enough heavy hitters, not enough removal, not enough anything.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2022, 11:37:01 am »

Think it's reached a tipping point?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23