Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 11987 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #285 on: October 07, 2022, 09:55:28 pm »

Can you please ask fail if you can quick-edit it. Cause that oversight effectively means fail would have to misplay for me to beat it. It's giving me PTSD. Or sleep disorder, either or.As is it's existence kills big ace plays. Instead all I can do is roll over and pray fail is an idiot. They aren't.

Ugh.. I should not be obsessed over this, I need to go to sleep. Instead I keep getting hit with curve balls out of nowhere. I'll just deal with it tomorrow.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 07, 2022, 09:59:28 pm »

I've put a patch on it for the time being.
Given how guilty the player seems to feel for having played that thing, I don't think they will object to the ruling.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 10:02:14 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 08, 2022, 01:34:20 am »

Gonna drop a wooly next turn to kill the Lure, then deploy a Fairy Circle once it can no longer be forced to suicide into the Anglerfish Dragon I'm thinking. Some repeated bad luck with the Meteor Shower, but oh well.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 08, 2022, 03:37:11 pm »

Some ideas for 'trump' cards:

4 Star Cost:

Beetle Swarm - 1 Attack 6 Hearts 4 Stars - Any damage instance dealt to any card or player is reduced to 1. This card can attack an additional time each of your turns. Once this card has destroyed three of your opponent's cards total, place a copy of it into play, but without this effect. (It still possesses its other effects.)

Predator Orca - 4 Attack 4 Hearts 4 Stars - This card can attack your opponent directly even while they have cards in their play area. At the end of each of your turns, banish this card. At the beginning of each of your turns, if this card was banished by its own effect, return it to your play area.

Mausoleum of the Dark Lord - 0 Attack 20 Hearts 4 Stars - This card cannot attack and does not prevent you from being attacked directly. At the start of your third turn after playing this card, destroy it and play any 'Dark Lord' card directly from your deck, without paying its Star cost.

Maiden Strife - 0 Attack 0 Hearts 4 Stars - Play up to three Maiden cards from your graveyard without paying their Star costs. Trigger their effects as though they were played from your hand. Additionally, they each gain 3 Attack and 3 Hearts. During your turn, you may pay 1 Star, banish this card from your graveyard, then search your deck for a Maiden creature card and add it to your hand, then shuffle your deck.

6 Star Cost:

Baleful Polymorph - 0 Attack 0 Hearts 6 Stars - Transform all cards your opponent has under their control into Helpless Sheep tokens. At the start of your opponent's second turn after you play this card, transform all surviving Helpless Sheep tokens back into their original forms.
-Helpless Sheep - 0 Attack 4 Hearts No Stars - Baaaaaaaah.

Four Seasons Maiden - 0 Attack 8 Hearts 6 Stars - At the start of each of your turns, you may choose one Maiden card in your graveyard with 0 Attack and 2 Hearts, banish it, then trigger its initial effect, or you may search your deck for a Maiden card that costs 2 Stars or less, and pay it after paying its Star cost, then shuffle your deck. This card cannot take more than 4 damage in a single turn.

Inhibitor Engine - 0 Attack 10 Hearts 6 Stars - Cards in your opponent's play area that cost 4 Stars or less to play do not possess any effects. This includes initial effects. This card cannot attack.

Challenger Knight - 6 Attack 8 Hearts 6 Stars - This card is the only card in your play area that is a valid attack target. You may only control one Challenger Knight at a time. Reduce all damage this card takes by 4. Your opponent can only declare an attack once per turn.

8 Star Cost:

Ultimate Firebase - 8 Attack 14 Hearts 8 Stars - This card cannot attack and deals no damage when it is attacked. At the start of each of your turns, deal damage equal to this card's Attack to up to three cards (of your choice) that your opponent controls, or your opponent themselves if they have no cards in play, bypassing all damage reduction and immunities. Once per turn, you may pay 2 Stars to trigger its start-of-turn effect an extra time. At the end of your turn, you may pay 8 Stars to inflict 100 damage to your opponent.

Divergent Reality - 0 Attack 0 Hearts 8 Stars - Create a second game that is a copy of the current match. Turns in the second game are resolved parallel to the turns in the initial game this card was played from. If you win in one game, you win in them both. Your opponent must win both games to be declared the winner, themselves.

Triumph Engine - 0 Attack 20 Hearts 8 Stars - This card cannot attack. At the start of each of your turns, place a Triumph counter on this card. If this card has three Triumph counters on it at the end of your opponent's turn, you win the game. This card cannot be removed from the play area except by damaging it until it is destroyed.

Rainbow Bridge - 0 Attack 10 Hearts 8 Stars - This card cannot attack and does not prevent you from being attacked directly. At the start of each of your turns, instead of drawing a card, you may choose a card your team has designed and add a copy of it to your hand. Reduce its Star cost by up to 2 if it has a conventional Star cost, or treat it as though it was played with 2 additional Stars spent if it has an X Star cost.

Yeah I'm not winning this one. The draw is not in my favor.

Hand is Invader Guardians, Invader Guardians, Beetle Brood, Fall Festival Maiden, Big Friendly Ghost, Nagalfar, Thorn Ward. I have 1 Star. My options aren't the best right now are they?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 04:39:36 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 08, 2022, 05:31:54 pm »

Well that's me dead based on my own misconceptions. Again. I can't hypersummon a meteor shower, so have no way to trigger her effect. And all the Maiden's hearts are too low to avoid being stolen. As are most 0 star cards. Like,

Anyone know this ace card? Can only have one copy of it? I kinda expected random prize cards to be special, but as of right now both of them are currently pointless.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 05:33:44 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2022, 05:39:02 pm »

Anyone know this ace card? Can only have one copy of it? I kinda expected random prize cards to be special, but as of right now both of them are currently pointless.

I think you might have posted something in the wrong game? That card was not given as a prize to anyone in CYOGTG Wars.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 08, 2022, 05:40:26 pm »

??? This one's from the repository. It's the closest in theme to theirs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2022, 06:47:41 pm »

Wait! Haha! Big Friendly Ghosts are purple! Whoops, really shouldn't have played that. Oh well, I still have one in my hand.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2022, 08:01:33 pm »

Having considers that anglerfish, I suggest blood sacrifice. Someone get a goat, we're going full hearts.

Blood Moon 0/0/1: Pay Hearts equal to the cost of a card, then create a Copy of that card on your field. Enter Play Effects trigger.
The Blood Moon is a sign of madness and dreams of bloodthirsty foes. How fitting that you face a mirror of yourself.

Sacrificial Goat 0/0/0: Play this card facedown. If damage could have killed a card or player, you can sacrifice this face-down card at the end of that turn to negate that combat and return it to your field if it was a card, then move back to that player's turn. If a card was protected, take damage equal to half that card's star cost. A turn automatically ends if the Player is the one taking lethal damage.
Nothing like a little sacrifice to get the blood pumping

Blood Carrier:(Basically an aircraft carrier that summons Leech/Haste tokens.) A boss that helps restore health and can dish out a lot of damage if you don't care for the hearts cost.

Going to bed... Hua..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 08:04:00 pm by TricMagic »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 08, 2022, 09:49:51 pm »

I'm up to 10 cards in my hand. This is ridiculous.

Edit: They actually can't get much use out of this, can they? How much fodder can they possibly have in those tiny hands? Anyways, I put down a Beetle Brood, the Clover Fairy that returned from earlier, and crucially, my Big Friendly Ghost. The moment the maiden pops, I'm banishing that Waifu right back where it came from.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 02:42:48 am by FallacyofUrist »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 09, 2022, 08:06:33 am »

Blood Moon 0/0/1:
Color: Dark Red/Purple
Stats: 0/0/1
Effect: Pay Hearts equal to the Star Cost of a card on your opponent's field, then create a Copy of that card on your field. Enter Play effects trigger, and it's Stats and status are identical to the card it copied.
Flavor: The Blood Moon is a sign of madness and dreams of bloodthirsty foes. How fitting that you face a mirror of yourself.
Reference: Bloodborne. And other darksoul-type games.

Golden Harvest
Color: Yellow
Stats: 0/0/0
Effect: Draw 3 cards, then discard 2 cards. The first copy of this card you play each turn does not count towards your one per turn card limit.
Flavor: The bountiful gods provide, and we give thanks to the gods in turn.

Quantumspell:
Color: Purple
Stats: 0/0/0
Effect: Play a card with no Hearts from your deck, paying it's star cost. You can't play cards with the same name of that card the turn you play it. When playing cards this way, banish them after they are played.

These two are probably best. Harvest gives us the ability to thin our deck and draw deeper, while Blood Moon is a card to create answers out of thin air. Meanwhile, Quantumspell. Since I was relying on Hyprsummon to play spells, but it only plays monsters.

That said, still need another boss I guess?

Blood Carrier
Color: Red/Blue
Stats: Low Attack, High Hearts. 4 (or more) Stars. (Slanted towards Hearts over Attack.)
Effect: During your turn, before you've attacked, you can have this card lose 2 Hearts: create an O-Blood Lance. At the start of your turn, transfer any Hearts remaining on O-Blood Lances to this card. This card can't attack.
Flavor: Launching O-Type Reinforcement!

Token: O-Blood Lance
Color: Red/White
Stats: 4 Attack, 1 Heart
Effect: Can attack the turn it is played. If this card destroys a card, a target gains Hearts equal to the damage dealt.
Flavor: Coming in for Extraction!

Boat and Aircraft, now with puns.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 08:49:37 am by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2022, 04:57:32 pm »

"Oblivion Fairy - 1 Star : 1/1 : When Oblivion Fairy is destroyed, banish the card that destroyed Oblivion Fairy from the game."

Yes, please do make her attack into your big strong dragon.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2022, 05:58:50 pm »

While neat, not useful without also having Haste.

"Oblivion Fairy - 1 Star : 0/1 : When Oblivion Fairy battles, banish the opposing card. This card can attack the turn it is played. Banish this card when it leaves play."

It's fairly easy to get rid of with card effects, but can absolutely ruin cards with no attack. And having haste means it can attack on the turn it's played, making it a more tactical card. Doesn't actually have any attack though. (This also bypasses their red card which is immune to non-battle effects.)

If absolutely nessaceery, Supernerd can up it's cost.  I'd pray it stays 1 star though. Maybe an HP penalty at the start of our turn if it's still around, like that demon.

As an extra idea.

"Storm Fairy - 1 Star : 4/5: This card can attack the turn it is played if you control another Fairy card. Once per turn, you can play a Fairy card from your hand. Other Fairy card's you control have +2 Attack while this card is on the field.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 08:16:22 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2022, 03:34:29 pm »

So, Fal. Is the BFG one of your facedowns? The mountain is less of a threat than the cyberpunk, only cause Strik is out of stars at the moment, so it isn't coming back immediately. Their combined hands remain brutal though, since they have more cards to spend stars on. (Plus the combined discard pile helping their side in this case.)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 11, 2022, 01:53:16 am »

So do people think I should give up my match, or see if I can drag it out long enough to see if we can get a two verses two going? Because between the arena and all the Anglerfish Dragons I'm facing, I'm not winning this one, but I can probably drag out me loosing for a while.
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23