Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 11985 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 05, 2022, 09:55:03 pm »

TricMagic, it appears that you are the only player who still needs to submit their deck and declare a region.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2022, 06:26:17 am »

Tric posted a decklist back here and called Space Station Theta, just it wasn't in the standard format so you might have missed it? Of course dgr11897 also called Theta, so they need to decide who's not calling that region.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2022, 08:19:17 am »

Tric posted a decklist back here and called Space Station Theta, just it wasn't in the standard format so you might have missed it? Of course dgr11897 also called Theta, so they need to decide who's not calling that region.

I'm not, just been out of sorts yesterday. At this point I'm blaming post-workout day tiredness, given how often it happens. Will have one up today. (That was me suggesting stuff for dgr)

Deck List active, Dragon Graveard or Bust.

Spring Flower Maiden x6
Summer Star Maiden x4
Fall Festival Maiden x2
Starburst X6
Hypersummon x4
Shining Dawn x1
Wooly x4
Big Friendly Ghost x4
Stellar Bombardment x1
Invader Guardian x2
Firebase x4
Thorn Ward x1
Meteor Shower x2
Storm Cell x4
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:14:37 am by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2022, 05:25:04 pm »

As per normal, I'm making a post with my deck order in it so I can actually keep track of what the hell I have in my hand. Also, shit, if Fairy Rings count as terrain that kinda screws me a bit over. Well, we'll see how we do. I've got a few other tricks.

Spoiler: Deck Order (click to show/hide)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2022, 05:34:08 pm »

They probably do. As well as a Building type structure, maybe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2022, 06:12:57 pm »

I'm already screwed over. My opening hand bricked.

I currently have two of the four Invader Guardians, a Summer Star Maiden, a Fall Festival Maiden, and a Beetle Brood. Also note no playable star gain. Somehow.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2022, 06:28:15 pm »

... I question why you ha three invaders rather than 2, but university. That's an astoundingly unlikely hand.

For reference, here's mine.

Shining Dawn
Fall Festival Maiden
Strom Cell
Hypersummon
Spring Flower Maiden
Big Friendly Ghost

Big update, this is about to get good~
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 08:43:37 am by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2022, 05:24:10 pm »

I'd like to say that card is extremely rude, can steal all our cards for themselves, and near impossible to remove the effect when you just got your ace stolen. If that effect ended when it left play it would be beatable in this instance. As is my only recourse is to play my Fall Maiden, Hypersummon a Meteor strike on her, and hope for RNG not to screw me over. Oh, and get enough stars to replay my Guardians on top of that.

If it weren't for that theft effect could chance FFM being destroyed on their turn, but nope. I'm just surprised my guardians didn't turn around and attack immediately.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 05:25:51 pm by TricMagic »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2022, 05:54:37 pm »

As much as it seems like most of their cards are just better than ours, it's also the case that we don't actually have any late game cards. Like, the only card that costs more than 3 is our Invader Guardians. We have no boss monsters, godly spells, trumps, etc, aside from that.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2022, 06:02:59 pm »

Invader is the boss. It's just that their card just yoinks ours for no cost but it's own stars.

Checks. ... I don't have the stars to oneshot it via Stellar Bombardment either. I'd need 5 for that. Mostly cause I just summoned my boss and got it yoinked.

...This feels like karma for some reason. haha.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 06:07:22 pm by TricMagic »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2022, 06:07:38 pm »

My current hand is... two Invader Guardians, a Beetle Brood (yes, even after I've already played two of them), a Fall Festival Maiden, a Clover Fairy, a Storm Cell, and a Big Friendly Ghost. So... no star engine. It's not the best situation. My working plan is to send out another beetle brood next turn if I don't get some engine going.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2022, 06:11:38 pm »

You may need to storm cell next turn if they play bombardment. Since they really can't risk your brood from going out of their control. Which is about to happen if they don't start killing them.

Sadly the demon cards are too powerful for the broods. The main issue is they can't multiply fast enough to avoid dying.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2022, 06:14:39 pm »

Yeah, their next move is probably to ram my 1/3 brood copy with the demon to take it out.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 07, 2022, 09:25:20 pm »

Want to know what I just realized? My own card can't be bounced by the BFG. Why in the world does that waifu have the destroy condition!? As it stands it completely kills any ability to use the guardians, cause they just get stolen and then you die.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 07, 2022, 09:34:16 pm »

Its a GM oversight. Might go on a nerfing spree soon if I decide to keep hosting this game.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23