Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 11997 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2022, 06:21:36 pm »

As per normal, I'm posting my current deck order for ease of consultation in this post.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd like someone to make the Planetary Frost I posted. Guess next turn we move to AR tradition and vote.
Isn't voting literally against the rules?
There is no 'voting' that goes on, a card will be made for every single player on the team.
We can discuss stuff, and probably should, but generally people have seemed to respond when I attempt to provoke discussion in this thread about card design.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2022, 07:08:22 pm »

My current hand is... sigh

'Stellar Bombardment', 'Hypersummmon', ‘Mystery Ghost’, ’Storm Cell', 'Meteor Shower’.

For the record, I just drew a Storm Cell. Star gain continues to evade me. I only have one fodder left.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2022, 07:11:01 pm »

Stellar is only good if you have silly star gen.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2022, 07:12:09 pm »

Which I planned for, but no Summer Star Maidens or Super Star Powers is giving me problems. I could Meteor Shower, but that's not guaranteed to work, and would just put us back at square one.

... and admittedly, Storm Cell is doing the same thing, but at least it doesn't have the risk of doing nothing.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2022, 01:51:44 am »

Play the Mystery Ghost then, they're solid statblocks and hopefully you draw a creature next turn? It's better then not keeping up the pressure.

Tric, for the benefit of planning what we're going to be making next time, since you said you were planning on making another Star Maiden to my understanding, could I ask what exactly you were thinking of doing? If it's not a no-star method of star gain, I'm considering seeing if I can get 'Stardust : This card does not count for the one card a turn limit. At the end of your turn, gain 1 star for each Stardust in your graveyard.' through. It'd have the penalty of not giving you the star on the turn you play it, but it's a quickplay and the star gain would escalate as the game goes on.

Otherwise I'm considering something like 'Shadow Fairy : When this card enters play, choose a card and flip it face down' as a 2/1. It can either interface with the Big Friendly Ghost, or shut down an enemy blocker for a turn.

Edit : Also, I think my lack of Storm Cells after not really needing them the past two games has just really screwed me over. Welp, I'm not going to go down without stabbing them as much as I can.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 04:57:14 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2022, 09:52:07 am »

It was in a spoiler last design phase. It's a card you reveal in your hand for a star, at the cost of sending it to the bottom of your deck. The other half is drawing a card when you play it and it returns to hand if destroyed. A 1⭐quick play like the other, 2 hearts.

I would suggest magic circle being made. A zero-star spell that places a card from your deck on top, and edits the card's effect to gain quickplay if a 0⭐. Which gives you an infinite fairy.

... My maidens are tame compared to that life boat.. Eh.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 11:20:41 am by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2022, 04:10:50 pm »

Design Phase starts now!
Note that any card designs you made prior to this post will be disregarded for this design phase, so make sure you post the one design you want!

Tip: Tokens are a thing, even though the template doesn't specifically accommodate for them. You can even pick the images for them.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2022, 05:01:21 pm »

I drew another Mystery Ghost. So far I have no star-engine, despite every single draw I've made. I definitely don't think I'm winning this match.

In terms of what to design, we need synergy, star engine, draw engine, and late game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2022, 05:11:22 pm »

No extra design this turn?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2022, 05:38:43 pm »

Right. That. I guess you can have the extra design this time.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2022, 05:42:26 pm »

I'm going to try and solve our Stars problem.

*Card Name: Energy Ward
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Yellow or Gold
Attack: 0
Hearts: 0
Stars: 0
Card Effect: Once per turn, playing an Energy Ward does not count towards your one-card-per-turn limit. Soullink this card to another card you control. (Cards soullinked together count as one card until they leave the field.) That card no longer protects you from being attacked directly. It additionally gains 2 Hearts, and at the start of each of your turns while it is in play, you gain 1 Star.
Flavor Text:
Metadata: Boosted cards, soullink, star gain
Reference:

I think this actually manages to combo nicely with Olden Plains Windmill.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 05:44:34 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2022, 06:11:56 pm »

Oh, I like that a lot. And it gives me an idea combined with all the tokens the other side threw around in the last set of games, too. Now I just need to find some art, but I'm thinking 'Fairy Ring, 1 Star - 0/6 - Fairy Ring can not be attacked while you control any fairies. At the end of your turn, place a 1/1 Fairy Token into play. For each Fairy Ring in the field, one Fairy card you play each turn does not count for your one card per turn limit.'
Forenia Forever!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2022, 06:15:56 pm »

That might be more a two star, I'm not sure. Still, it seems like a great idea, especially if we want to lean more into board control and interdiction.

Another idea I've had is 'Inertia Engine - 2 Stars, 0/8. Inertia Engine cannot attack and does not prevent you from being attacked directly. While Inertia Engine is in play, increase the Star cost for all cards in your opponent's hand by 1.' The idea being you work up to playing multiple Engines and make even the simplest card play from the opponent a chore.

Well, I just got the luckiest turn. Max star-granting Maiden, and then triple sevens on Meteor Shower? Sheesh. Next turn I can hypersummon a small critter with a huge boost or just use it to drop Firebase.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 06:44:15 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2022, 06:58:23 pm »

Inertia Engine also sounds really fun.

Anyway, here it is!

*Card Name: Fairy Ring
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Brown
Attack: 0
Hearts: 6
Stars: 1
Card Effect: Fairy Ring can not be attacked while you control any fairies. At the end of your turn, place a 1/1 Fairy Token into play. For each Fairy Ring in the field, one Fairy card you play each turn does not count for your one card per turn limit.
Flavor Text: Come and play as the wild fairies play
In a magical circle, a fairy ring
You won't want to leave and forever you'll stay
Where the vision is bright as spring
Metadata: If they want to do tokens, we can do tokens too.
Reference: The original art is from here - https://www.deviantart.com/spikings/art/LotL-Fairy-Circle-452197149 and the flavor text is from Dance of the Wild Faëries, a song by Gary Stadler and Wendy Rule.

And here's the image for the token.

Forenia Forever!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2022, 10:37:32 pm »

I just drew the last mystery ghost in my deck, somehow. I guess they're stalling until they can draw an unintentional bombardment and clean wipe - and it's not like I can summon another Firebase after this, I only included one in the deck.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23