Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread  (Read 11661 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread - More players wanted!
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2022, 10:44:15 pm »

Correct. A prize card can only be used by you, and is limited to one per deck. Another fun fact is that you do not necessarily need to show your prize cards to your own team.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2022, 01:08:31 am »

Also I believe Team 2 has an additional player compared to the other, possibly meaning there might be an extra player and there might be more card designs than the opposing side. Hopefully this is compensated for though?  :)
This was asked before. The answer:
I am most likely just going to let the team with less players make more cards if this game doesn't get enough attention.
So presumably one of the Team 1 folks will get a second design, unless another player joins soon.
Long Live United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2022, 01:07:58 pm »

Welp. Looks like a player from Team 1 has decided to quit. I'll have to figure out what to do about this. The long term strategic aspects of the game means I can't just move a player from Team 2.

I'm thinking I would either have to get two players from Team 2 to sit out, or permit Team 1 players to play in two games simultaneously. Leaning towards the latter solution as it doesn't necessitate locking someone out.

In other news, Victory point prizes may now be purchased as a gift for other players!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2022, 01:38:04 pm »

That's unfortunate. Did they mention why?

Also, I'm looking to see if I can recruit folks to fill the gaps (from AR communities). While this isn't a game for everyone, I'm sure there are more folks out there who would enjoy it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2022, 03:37:43 pm »

That's unfortunate. Did they mention why?

Also, I'm looking to see if I can recruit folks to fill the gaps (from AR communities). While this isn't a game for everyone, I'm sure there are more folks out there who would enjoy it.

I saw at least one on the AR General discord. Don't remember who but they seemed exceptionally interested, even if it was only conveyed through emoji form.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2022, 05:51:34 pm »

Game looks interesting enough. Sell me on it. I might be up for filling in on Team 1.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2022, 05:58:56 pm »

Write an Application. Create Cards! Battle for your Region! Leaf!

(No good t convincing, it's fun enough when card interactions don't end up getting in the way.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2022, 06:10:13 pm »

Alright. The premise is similar to an Arms Race game, where two teams get to design cards to battle in a TCG card game. In this game, there is no voting; when you submit a card design each turn it is 100% guaranteed to be accepted and turned into an actual card that you can use (Though particularly unbalanced designs will be nerfed).

If you want to see the actual card battles in action, here are the historical battles for this game, (which can be legally viewed by anyone regardless of their team).
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180306.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180307.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180308.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180334.0

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2022, 10:32:05 pm »

Alright, alright, sure.

Character Name: Veder Monac
Character Hairstyle: Long trusses of black silky hair spiral into a long braid from the back of his head.

Region Name: The Grand University
Region Description: The largest and most prestigious university in the world is home to all sorts of odd people who have traveled far and worked hard to access the university's massive library and scholarium.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2022, 11:03:28 pm »

Alright, alright, sure.

Character Name: Veder Monac
Character Hairstyle: Long trusses of black silky hair spiral into a long braid from the back of his head.

Region Description: The largest and most prestigious university in the world is home to all sorts of odd people who have traveled far and worked hard to access the university's massive library and scholarium.

The application for Veder Monac has been processed. You have been assigned to Team 1

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2022, 11:33:30 pm »

So does Mr. Monac get to make a card himself this turn then, to make up for the assumed absence of one from the quiter?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2022, 11:46:42 pm »

Given that the 'quitter' didn't post a card design, I'm going to say yes. That is exactly what will happen.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2022, 01:15:53 am »

Given that the 'quitter' didn't post a card design, I'm going to say yes. That is exactly what will happen.
Oh geeze, I didn't even recognize how offensive that phrasing was until you responded like that. Let it be known I meant it in no derogatory way, my brain just wanted to say "the player that chose to quit" the shortest way possible and decided "yeah, quitter, it's not like there's any negative connotations to that word or anything :V"

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2022, 10:07:59 pm »

So, you all get your own "character field" as well? Interesting. And it seems this particular game puts emphasis on battle fields.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2022, 02:12:51 am »

Sort of yes. Each battlefield region has it's own unique mechanics, and they're created based on player submission, but that player doesn't automatically own the region. They start neutral and the aim is to try to capture these regions for your team.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15