Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19136 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 16
« Reply #420 on: November 01, 2022, 03:44:44 am »

I dunno about Randy, but I feel kinda freaked out about how fragile most of our team is.

Frustrated. We're accustomed to winning and everything trying to kill us. We're not as accustomed to needing to pull out the big guns on the second room because our minotaur was down to 3 HP and a zombie bug was glowing.

Hm, well, honestly I feel like we might want to take a non-T memory here because of the whole memory-limit thing.
As for next actions: Test magnifying glass on unharvested corpses, then harvest corpses; then see if it has anything to say about harvested resources before we grab them. Pay particular attention to anything stoner guy and mutant-turned-pig have left behind, they're bound to be interesting.
edit: I initially thought the machete was still lying around, corrected myself.
+1
+1
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 01, 2022, 03:59:26 am »

A frustrating memory sounds good.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 01, 2022, 01:18:01 pm »

I dunno about Randy, but I feel kinda freaked out about how fragile most of our team is.
We have 24 MHP and decent AC of 15.
Jameson is ironically more fragile because, although he has 28 MHP, his AC is a mere 6.
Gray is definitely fragile across the board: they have a mere 16 MHP, the lowest of any party member, and middling AC of 12.
Diode is slightly more fragile than we are, with 21 MHP and the same AC of 15. Diode is also by far the party member least able to seriously defend itself aside from standing still and using its shield ability to become almost impossible to hit: w/ shield, its AC is 19.

This is why I rarely advocate for Diode taking the offensive in a fight. It simply doesn't do that very well, even though its damage output is technically higher than ours.

...also, Weirdsound, why is the machete listed twice in Randy's inventory?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 01, 2022, 07:28:37 pm »

This is why I rarely advocate for Diode taking the offensive in a fight. It simply doesn't do that very well, even though its damage output is technically higher than ours.

...also, Weirdsound, why is the machete listed twice in Randy's inventory?

In fairness to Diode, it is much easier to heal than anything else in the party right now.

It moves between 'equipped weapon' and 'object in inventory' with some frequency. Copypasta errors can occur.

Frustrated. We're accustomed to winning and everything trying to kill us. We're not as accustomed to needing to pull out the big guns on the second room because our minotaur was down to 3 HP and a zombie bug was glowing.

Hm, well, honestly I feel like we might want to take a non-T memory here because of the whole memory-limit thing.
As for next actions: Test magnifying glass on unharvested corpses, then harvest corpses; then see if it has anything to say about harvested resources before we grab them. Pay particular attention to anything stoner guy and mutant-turned-pig have left behind, they're bound to be interesting.
edit: I initially thought the machete was still lying around, corrected myself.
+1
+1

You lash out, kicking the pig corpse in frustration, while Gray is clearing experiencing some burning rage.

"Its on sight, is it? I'm gonna GUT the next unaffiliated MUTHAFUCKER I see down in this worthless hole!"

The two non-sentient party members simply experience triumph over the win.

You then turn your attention to looting the corpses and playing around with your new magnifying glass.

As soon as you look through the magnifying glass, you are nearly blinded by an explosion of green light! As soon as you can see again, you note that the Dweller, and all his possession, have been polymorphed into a pile of contact lenses! You sigh, and collect them for storage.

While you painstakingly collect the lenses on the ground, Gray sets about collecting loot of the cockroach and the pig. When you both complete your work, Gray hands over a bag of brown powder and a collection of interesting meats.

+1 Bag of Assorted Contact Lenses
+2 Bag of Fresh Roach Powder
+2 Serving of Cockroach Meat
+2 Servings of Enchanted Pork

You ponder your next move, although your options are limited; The corridor here seems to wrap around a large pillar before turning back to the North.

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet. Minimap.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 17
« Reply #424 on: November 01, 2022, 07:36:00 pm »

Well turning the bend and heading north seems to be our only unexplored area so far, so we should go there.
Also ask Gray for pointers on how to tell who's affiliated and who's not, and of the affiliated, who's with what faction.

Might prove handy in case we run into any more random unaffiliated bunch, either here or somewhere else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 01, 2022, 07:42:35 pm »

Well turning the bend and heading north seems to be our only unexplored area so far, so we should go there.
Also ask Gray for pointers on how to tell who's affiliated and who's not, and of the affiliated, who's with what faction.

Might prove handy in case we run into any more random unaffiliated bunch, either here or somewhere else.
+1

We are really going to have to use the Rasputin Society key at some point to figure out what we've gotten ourselves into.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 01, 2022, 07:43:38 pm »

We are really going to have to use the Rasputin Society key at some point to figure out what we've gotten ourselves into.
Given that Gray is an eldritch warlock, I think it's safe to say we may or may not have landed in a cult dedicated to eldritch beings of one kind or another.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 01, 2022, 08:56:36 pm »

You follow the corridor around and north, chatting with Gray as you walk.

So how am I supposed to tell which Dwellers are affiliated with factions?

"It is all in the outfit. People in the Rasputin Society dress like me or your lunchtable buddies. The Singularity Force look aggressively nerdy. Hulk's Heroes usually look like jocks or cheeleaders. And the Immortals look like they are in the military. If they don't fall into any of those catagories, they are probally cowering unaffiliated worms... So long as you are in the dungeons accessed from school grounds. Dweller factions get stranger and more dangerous the further they get from the Heartkeepers. As somebody who is training to work for the Society off school grounds someday, I'm supposed to know the outsider factions, but I'm not the best at the book learning stuff..."

As Grey rambles on, you exit the corridor into a large chamber with multiple exits. Aside from back the way you came, you can go West, North or East. There is also another corridor running South aside from the one you just came out of.

Three figures stand in the center of the room: two of those fly-covered undead mutants you just fought, and a fiendish looking horned woman wearing a wedding gown. It is likely they can see you from their position, but if they do, they are not paying your group any mind. Unless you plan on going North, you do not have to go anywhere near them.

How do you proceed?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 18
« Reply #428 on: November 01, 2022, 09:00:49 pm »

Hmm, well the area farthest from those bunch that we can go to quickly is the other-South corridor, so let's take that.
Those undead mutant things are nasty enough that we should probably just nope away from them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 01, 2022, 10:33:10 pm »

Hmm, well the area farthest from those bunch that we can go to quickly is the other-South corridor, so let's take that.
Those undead mutant things are nasty enough that we should probably just nope away from them.
+1

That's probably either an unaffiliated dweller or a succubus. We should use Theology of Milton on her when we're less confident we can/should avoid her.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 01, 2022, 11:37:38 pm »

Deciding to avoid the strange lady, and perhaps more importantly her mutant friends, you shuffle across to the neighboring southbound corridor. Said corridor promptly turns 90 degrees to the east, before widening into a decent sized chamber occupied by a dweller, some bugs, and a pile of treasure.

Amoung these potential enemies, you spot a blue mantis the likes of which you fought before, a terrifyingly large blue scorpion with venom dripping from its tail, and a strange roach or beetle looking thing comprised of metal and organic tissue; The metallic bits glow red hot and give off steam.

The dweller looks up and smiles.

"Yo. You look a bit roughed up friend. I can probably whip something up to help with that if you got the coin, dude."

You doubt you have time to take up the dwellers offer. Gray is going to round the corner any second now, and when they do it is likely to hit the fan. You have only a few moments to fish for information, prepare for the fight, or find some subtle way to prevent this guy from meeting Gray.

How do you proceed?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 19
« Reply #431 on: November 01, 2022, 11:42:27 pm »

We could ask the guy about the bugs and then animate the machete as Gray rounds the corner or something. If we need to, we can try passing off the machete-animation with the excuse that the last time we met anyone they tried to clobber us.
Open to suggestions & alternate proposals, but seeing as we're probably about to get sucker-punched...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 02, 2022, 12:29:18 am »

Man this dungeon would be so much easier if we'd just left Gray at home. Though... I guess it's not much of a dungeon if you're just wandering from room to room looking for the boss.

Okay, so...

We probably can't negotiate, although... kinda weird that we can't. I guess they feel similar about affiliated dwellers as affiliated dwellers feel about each other? But we still don't understand that very well either. If we were fine forfeiting initiative (I'm not, these things hit like trucks) we could try bribing him with bug drugs.

Go Fish - We can try to get some intel out of this guy before he murders us. I can't think of anything quick we want to know, other than where Lord Herc is. But he'll probably insist we don't need the boss because he wants to sell us drugs instead, and then he'll notice our company.

Prepare - Animate Machete. Easy choice.

Hide Gray - Hrmmmmmm. Looking through our inventory, I'm not seeing anything that would let us disguise or conceal Gray. We miiiiiiight be able to hide someone that small behind one of our hulking minions?

I guess that's my vote. Quietly order Diode to stand between Gray and the dweller there.

(I assume Jameson is larger but Diode is rounder and has stumpier legs.)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 02, 2022, 12:32:18 am »

I suppose if we only have one thing to do, hiding Gray takes priority so I'm changing my vote to agree with IronyOwl.
It would be nice if we could fish the guy for info on the bugs though, but if we only have a few seconds, maybe not...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 02, 2022, 02:42:40 am »

+1 to hiding Grey.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31