Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19152 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 10
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2022, 11:54:48 pm »

I believe you're forgetting to harvest bug corpses for delicious drugs.
Look at the rubble through the magnifying glass, maybe it does something? After that, exit the room and take stock of where else we can go.
+1 to both of these.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 10
« Reply #391 on: October 30, 2022, 12:23:44 am »

I believe you're forgetting to harvest bug corpses for delicious drugs.
Look at the rubble through the magnifying glass, maybe it does something? After that, exit the room and take stock of where else we can go.
+1 to both of these.

You examine your newfound rubble using your newfound magnifying glass. Green text promptly appears on the lens.

"Resource already claimed. Opticfinder+ is designed to work with unclaimed or unharvested resources."

The cockroach remains dissolve into powder as you approach them. You produce some science lab equipment from your backpack and begin to collect it. You are able to fill two bags with black powder, and one bag with white. The mantis also dissolves, leaving only its eyes behind.

+2 Bags of Aged Roach Powder
+1 Bag of Pure Roach Powder
+2 Mantid Eyes

Man, I'd feel real nervous carrying this stuff around school if it wasn't for that anti-perception magic.

You then backtrack through the saloon doors to the previous room. The corridor to your East that runs south seems to be the only path left unexplored at this time.

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet. Minimap.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 11
« Reply #392 on: October 30, 2022, 12:25:59 am »

Let's go check out that corridor, then.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 30, 2022, 12:27:52 am »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 30, 2022, 12:55:02 am »

Let's go check out that corridor, then.

You head south in a single file line. Up ahead, you see that the cooridor you are following turns east. You reach the corner, and find a welcoming party of sorts waiting for you around it.

The dog-sized cockroaches in this room look different from the ones in the last batch you fought; Instead of fangs, they have almost comically large crushing mandibles. Two humanoid figures tower over the bugs. One appears to be either a human or a dweller; you can't tell for sure as he wears sunglasses to cover his eyes. The other is a terrifying winged amalgamation of decaying flesh and assorted giant insect parts; It wears a 'shirt' made up of a writhing swarm of flies. Each 'person' holds a lit pipe in their hand.

"Bruh. A new guy."

"Whaddup new guy? Welcome to the Cockroach Graveyard. What can we do ya for, my man?"

How do you proceed?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 12
« Reply #395 on: October 30, 2022, 12:56:36 am »

Ask about the roach-things with the overbite and explain we're looking for a guy called Chihuahua Joe.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2022, 12:59:21 am »

Ask about the roach-things with the overbite and explain we're looking for a guy called Chihuahua Joe.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 7
« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2022, 01:16:59 am »

I use Imgbb for my avatar.

Tried it.

Here is a screencap of what I did for my profile. I took the 's' out of 'http'. It lets me update the profile now, but the image isn't loading.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 30, 2022, 01:34:25 am »

I tested it and it's working, as you can see.  Use this URL: http://i.ibb.co/17SQ1j3/Doggo.png

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 30, 2022, 01:40:21 am »

Thanks. That worked.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 30, 2022, 01:42:09 am »

Np.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 30, 2022, 03:18:42 am »

+1
+1

Glad to see that you got the avatar figure out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 30, 2022, 12:09:36 pm »

Hey. I'm looking for someone named Chihuahua Joe. Know where to find him? Also, what is with those cockroaches? I've never seen one with jaws like that.

"Ah... Shit bruh. You don't need Joe. My shit is just as good as his. Five Dubloons gets ya 8 trips TO DA MOOOOOON brother. That cheap bastard sells his stuff for a Dubloon a pop. Not worth your time, man."

"As for the bugs, man, my master, the great Dark Lord Hercules, sends them as guardians and raw materials for the sweet innocent non-affiliated dwellers like my boy here. Unless they go feral, they perfectly friendly, less we order them to attack. Just be careful if they don't have people around to control em."

Just then, Gray rounds the corner and locks eyes with the two locals like a deer in the headlights.

"Hey. Who ya talking to Rand... Oh. Fuck."

"Oh. You muthafuckers are with the Rasputin Society? KILL THEM!"

The strange undead mutant lets out a low whistle, and the Cockroaches rush foward fangs bared, catching the party off guard. Two snap at you, and two snap at Jameson.

Quote from: Enemy Surprise Round
Randy is hit once for 7 Damage
Jameson is hit twice for a total of 12 Damage

From top to bottom the roaches take 3, 0, 3, and 1 retaliation electric damage from Diode's shield!

You manage to block one with your shield, ironically protecting it from Diode's. The other attack finds your shin, and you discover that those mandibles hurt as much as it looks like they might. Both attacks hit Jameson.

The party has been caught in combat by surprise. Jameson and Diode have selected 'Defeat All Enemies' as their standing orders. Gray panics, and selects 'End Combat Quickly with the Most Powerful Available Spells' as their standing orders.

How do you proceed?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 12:11:39 pm by Weirdsound »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 13
« Reply #403 on: October 30, 2022, 12:34:41 pm »

Well shit.

We can heal Jameson with Narrate Epic Deed but if he takes a similar shot next turn we'll be back down to no options. If he gets hit by more roaches or the two bystanders, he might drop before next round though.

Other option is to Animate Machete like usual and let it have at them. It's riskier but gives us more of a longterm plan than panic healing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 13
« Reply #404 on: October 30, 2022, 08:40:27 pm »

Other option is to Animate Machete like usual and let it have at them. It's riskier but gives us more of a longterm plan than panic healing.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31