Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19210 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turns 3-4
« Reply #360 on: October 24, 2022, 11:57:15 am »

Let's lay out our options
Quote from: Raw Materials
5 units of Gauntlet Goo: temporal magic
2 units of Dust of Eternity: temporal magic
2 units of Hecksulphur: unholy magic
2 pieces of Cursed Ivory: enchantment magic
1 unit of Turquoise Shard: abjuration magic
1 unit of Purple Shard: abjuration magic
and ask Gray what they'd like of the bunch. They know their own spells way better than we do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 24, 2022, 04:30:39 pm »

and ask Gray what they'd like of the bunch. They know their own spells way better than we do.
+1

Once Gray's got his firepower, say hello to the giant mantis. Maybe it's intelligent and friendly?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2022, 11:18:17 pm »

+1

Once Gray's got his firepower, say hello to the giant mantis. Maybe it's intelligent and friendly?
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2022, 03:30:26 am »

+1

+1
+1

You can give a free +1 to IronyOwl, who came close with 'pizza' instead of 'pizzas', or take mystery prize which may or may not be as good.
I want the mystery box!

Your prize will be sticking me with a new avatar of your choice! Write a prompt, I'll run it through some AI, and use one of the outputs as my b12 avatar for at least a month. Please be kind. :)
I don't know much about AI generated art so I've got to ask is there anything I need to know about the parameters needed for a prompt to work?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2022, 10:44:44 am »

@King Zultan: As long as you don't trip the AI's decency filter, (it doesn't like sex or gore, but once in a blue moon will block a seemingly innocent prompt for arcane reasons beyond our understanding), it will try and output an image for any string of text. I recommend using a complete grammatically correct sentence. But some people just list all the objects and styles they want with commas and get good results.

@Everyone: circumstances beyond my control have separated me from my PC for a bit. There is a chance I might get back to running this tonight, but I'm probably taking a day or two off.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2022, 05:04:56 am »

After much thought here's the best thing I could come up with:

What's that weird sound coming from the other room?

I have no idea what the AI can possibly do with that but it'll be interesting to see.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 27, 2022, 12:01:22 am »

After much thought here's the best thing I could come up with:

What's that weird sound coming from the other room?

I have no idea what the AI can possibly do with that but it'll be interesting to see.

AI Seems to think asking that question leads to people walking in on their partner having an affair? Either that or a dog.

Spoiler: results (click to show/hide)

I tried to pick the doggo, but b12 is being strange and not letting me change my avatar. Everytime I enter the URL into my profile and click update, it snaps back to the 'no avatar selected' option. I'll mess with it some more tomorrow.

You open your bag and present a full spread of raw materials to Gray.

"Temporal magic is a good go-to. Does solid damage and blinks the target back to where they were recently standing. I can cast the spell four times a dungeon, so to make sure I don't clean you out on anything, I'll take three servings of gauntlet goo, and one unit of the Dweller Death Dust. Abjuration does poor damage, but allows me to protect myself, so I'll also take the Purple Shard, just in case I need it."

Seems fair enough to me. Here you go.

Items have been swapped between party member inventories!

You then turn your attention to the large, blue, bug.

Umm... Hello. Do you want to be friends?

ROOOAAAghhhhhiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I'll take that as a no.

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Playground AI. Character Sheet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 5
« Reply #367 on: October 27, 2022, 04:14:39 am »

Well  guess there's no making friends with it, since those things explode I feel we should fight them from range but I have no idea how much damage the staple gun does.

I tried to pick the doggo, but b12 is being strange and not letting me change my avatar. Everytime I enter the URL into my profile and click update, it snaps back to the 'no avatar selected' option. I'll mess with it some more tomorrow.
If I remember right you can't use Imgur and you have to get rid of the S in the HTTPS link for your avatar.

Also that AI sure likes to make deformed looking people, and that squatting guy seems to be floating in that picture.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 27, 2022, 04:22:46 pm »

Smart move might be to ignore this room. Adventurer move is to cast Animate Tool on machete and give all our minions standing orders to attack the enemies.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2022, 02:27:40 am »

Smart move might be to ignore this room. Adventurer move is to cast Animate Tool on machete and give all our minions standing orders to attack the enemies.
+1

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2022, 11:29:16 am »

I mostly agree with this, but I'd like to note that Diode is a support minion, not an offensive one. It's true they can hit decently hard, but their whole thing is protection - are we sure we want them going in swinging?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 28, 2022, 02:06:12 pm »

Hrm. Looks like our options are swinging at +3 for 1d6+1 or staying adjacent to allies to provide +1 AC and 1d4 retaliation damage to adjacent allies.

That's... actually kind of a tough call.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 28, 2022, 04:29:24 pm »

So far Diode is admittedly a glorified punching machine. But the AC thing is nice - and it buffs its own AC by 4, which is hefty given its base AC (w/ buff its AC is 19!).

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2022, 08:38:53 pm »

If I remember right you can't use Imgur and you have to get rid of the S in the HTTPS link for your avatar.

I spent 30 minutes dicking around with this, and couldn't find a host that works. Any suggestions?

---

You bring your machete to life, and order the party to attack!

Your minions surge foward! Jameson with his bullrush, and the Machete with its flying speed, are both able to reach and attack the easternmost enemy!

Gray moves forward, extends their hand, and lauches tentacle-like energy protrusions at the westmost foe!

Diode, unable to make it into melee range follows behind Gray, covering the dweller with its shield!

Quote from: Allied Attacks
Bullrush to Hit: 15 + 5 + 5 = 25
Damage: 2 + 1 = 3

Animated Machete go CHOP: 16 + 8 = 24
Damage: 6 + 2 = 8

Eldritch Lash to Hit: 13 + 7 = 20
Damage: 2

Your fast melee underlings are quick to tear the undead roach to bits, splattering green ichor everywhere!

Gray's spell merely grazes its target for minor damage.

The mantis lurches forward and grabs at your Machete with its spikey arms, and the remaining roach follows up with a melee attack on the same target!

Quote from: enemy attacks
The Machete is hit twice for 0 damage and 3 Unholy Damage! The Machete and the Mantis are now grappling, with the Mantis in dominant position!

The mantis is just barely swift and perscise enough to grab onto the agile construct! The machete's metal frame prevents it from suffering any damage from the weak arm-spikes, but pinned down, your trusty weapon is unable to defend itself against the Roachpire's fangs, which cause the weapon to rust and decay and decay as soon as they come in contact with it! The roach's attack also seems to restore some of its own health.

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Minjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet. Minimap.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 6
« Reply #374 on: October 28, 2022, 08:44:58 pm »

Well we can't get within range to whack the baddies. So we should move forward 3 spaces (the max allowed by our current movespeed) and take a pot shot at the roachpire with our staple gun. We should have just enough range on the gun to do that, plus now we get to see what it does.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31