Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19315 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 6, Turns 2-4
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2022, 03:24:46 am »

I like the sound of that.

Have Jameson grab that guy he just beat and hold onto him while we interrogate him for info on the dungeon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2022, 03:29:52 am »

Have Jameson grab that guy he just beat and hold onto him while we interrogate him for info on the dungeon.
+1

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2022, 11:14:10 am »

Quote from: ZBridges
Quote from: King Zultan

+1
+1
I would suggest tying the fellow up, but ropes probably aren't in "random school supplies" anyway. Also, are improvised weapons a thing? I don't plan on using anything as one, but curious to know if such a situation ever comes up.
Apologies if I'm being too questioning. I usually like to have some clue what the rules are, and what with no two games being the same, well... :-\

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2022, 12:58:47 pm »

Jameson, restrain this Nerd.

"Mrooooooooooooooooooooooogghghghg!"

Your pet audibly protests not being allowed to kill its quarry, but obediently scoops the unarmed nerd up and holds him tight.

Alright, listen up, bub. My friend here came to kill people in a painful fashion and chew bubblegum, and he is all out of bubblegum. Your going to tell me everything you know about navigating this dungeon, and if you do, perhaps I'll have Jameson spare your life.

"But... but... I thought Ai told me you were Jameson."

Well yes, erm... Jameson is my sirname, I just nam... You know what, nevermind, you gonna tell me what I want to know or not?

"Erm... Alright. Lets see. Navigation isn't my strong suit. It helps to think of the Overflow bin as a 3x3 grid of rooms... well almost... the entrance room doesn't count as part of the grid... But the four Warp Distortions in the entrance correspond to the four corners of the grid. We name the eight rooms on the outside of the grid after points on the compass to help visualize things; Right now I think we are in the East room... but I'm not quite sure. The rooms get refurbished often, see, and I was kind of just letting Ai navigate. Each outer room contains a warp distortion to each cardinally adjacent outer room - but the layout of the warp distortions in the room are not a dependable of knowing which direction they will send you. The only place where you can trust the layout is the entrance, where the distortions in the corner will always send you to the appropriate corner of the grid. Oh... and the middle room can only be accessed by the North and South rooms. You got all that?"

I... think so? Listen, from what Ai said, you know I'm looking for Heartkeeper Poindexter, right? Where can I find him?

"Oh... Right. Poindexter can usually be found at the River Controls, which is in the center room, or at one of the Blue Heartstations where he creates, revives, and maintains us dwellers. The Heartstations move around, and there are usually two of them. Right now I'm pretty sure there is one in the South room. If I'm correct that we are in the East room now, you must have come from Northeast or Southeast; If you can retrace your steps back to the entrance and remember which warp distortion you used, you should be able to figure out which way you came from, and by extension which Distortion in this room will bring you to Southeast. From Southeast, the portal that doesn't lead back to the Entrance will lead to South, where you might find Poindexter; If not, one of the distortions in the South room will lead to the center room, where you also might find him. You keeping up?"

Umm... Sure?

The nerd is still at your mercy. You can tell Jameson really wants to kill him. How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 6, Turn 5
« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2022, 01:10:19 pm »

That is one unfortunate nerd, gotta say. Poor guy probably didn't sign up for this.
Unless anyone else has more questions we want to ask this guy, I think we can let Jameson finish him off. Since we came through that yellow distortion, the greenish one should lead us to Southeast, so let's take that one.
Note: I have red-green colorblindness so please do not expect my descriptions to line up exactly with the map. I can still see red and green, but they're rather dull, and shades of either quickly get hellish to tell apart.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2022, 01:38:19 pm »

I think we can let Jameson finish him off. Since we came through that yellow distortion, the greenish one should lead us to Southeast, so let's take that one.
Note: I have red-green colorblindness so please do not expect my descriptions to line up exactly with the map. I can still see red and green, but they're rather dull, and shades of either quickly get hellish to tell apart.

You came from light green, the other one is a slightly greenish brown. Sorry. Navigating this dungeon wont be fun for you.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2022, 01:39:28 pm »

...oh, the big one (which you call light green) looks full-on yellow to me.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2022, 01:52:07 pm »

I'm in favor of letting him go.  People will be less likely to agree to our demands if we develop a reputation for killing prisoners who choose to cooperate with us.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2022, 02:03:17 pm »

I'm in favor of letting him go.  People will be less likely to agree to our demands if we develop a reputation for killing prisoners who choose to cooperate with us.
This. We'll let him eviscerate the next nerd who thinks he's gangsta.

Free the nerd and head through the yellowish-brown portal. Pat Jameson comfortingly and promise him the opportunity to KILL later.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2022, 02:14:54 pm »

Free the nerd and head through the yellowish-brown portal. Pat Jameson comfortingly and promise him the opportunity to KILL later.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2022, 02:31:42 pm »

You give Jameson a comforting pat on the head.

Sorry buddy. We will get you a kill later. Turn him loose.

"Mrooo."

Jameson releases the nerd, who hurriedly scrambles into the river and vanishes.

You and your pet hop over the water, and walk towards the brownish southernmost portal. As you travel, you ponder this most recent encounter, and how it has made you feel.

Do you feel...
Triumphant for having prevailed?
Burning rage directed Ai for attacking you?
Frustration over Ai escaping?

Assets by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 6, Turn 6
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2022, 02:35:04 pm »

Do we know what the different memory types do? I'm hesitant to choose blind, though if I recall Triumphant is the best all-purpose one... but that crown has locked us out of Artificer abilities, making it not very useful in the crafting department, since one of the Artificer abilities is
Quote from: Character Sheet
Basic Crafting: When crafting items at a Goblin or Gnome's workshop, you may use Triumphant or Creative memories in place of any other required memory.
that.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2022, 03:00:19 pm »

Do we know what the different memory types do? I'm hesitant to choose blind, though if I recall Triumphant is the best all-purpose one... but that crown has locked us out of Artificer abilities, making it not very useful in the crafting department, since one of the Artificer abilities is
Quote from: Character Sheet
Basic Crafting: When crafting items at a Goblin or Gnome's workshop, you may use Triumphant or Creative memories in place of any other required memory.
that.

Memories are also for Scholarship if you can find a scholarship station. If you want to think Short Term, the only place you know you can spend memories on right now is the Goblin Crafter at the entrance to this dungeon.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2022, 03:23:40 pm »

Quote from: Weirdsound
Memories are also for Scholarship if you can find a scholarship station. If you want to think Short Term, the only place you know you can spend memories on right now is the Goblin Crafter at the entrance to this dungeon.
Hmm, well there's not all that much handy with the goblin. Other than potentially gaining a golem minion if we decide we want to go all-out commander style or something (we do have the materials for this, and it takes any three memories - which means that this could be of any type but it'd grab them all).
Looking at scholarship, we currently have one (F)rustrating and one (C)reative memory. Those can be invested in Shop (accepts all memory types), Literature (accepts Creative of the ones we currently have), Life Sciences (accepts Frustrating of the ones we currently have), and Algebra 1 (accepts Frustrating of the ones we currently have).

Gaining a (T)riumphant memory would give us the option of Communications or Physical Education. Gaining a (B)urning memory would give us the option of Algebra 1 or Physical Education, and we can already add to the former. Gaining a (F)rustrating memory would allow us to invest a second time in the Frustrating-accepting options above.

Shop is not likely to be useful at the moment since the crown is de-artificing us, though we'd need to invest multiple times to jump a class level in Artificer anyway. We can also use two sources of wood instead of a memory.
Physical Education grants us +1d2 max HP for every grade we jump it, which is useful but probably out of reach since we can only invest in it once right now.
The tutorial scholarship station claims we can't invest in Literature right now since we already did that once, and even with heavy investment our current grade of D+ will take some time to get to a B, which would bump up our Epic Bard class level.
Algebra does not seem as useful, as bumping its grade up gives a scroll of addition which adds +3 to our next d20 roll. Life Sciences grants a scroll of dissection which lets us gets more resources off fallen enemies, which might be handy.

I am not going to commit to a decision just yet, but I'd propose a Triumphant gain. Looking for feedback from other players too, feel free to chime in!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2022, 04:29:12 pm »

Triumphant seems like a good choice.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31