Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19309 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 0, Turn 0
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2022, 10:42:31 pm »

Do we have business with the goblin?  We could get the kite shield and broach identified before we equip them.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2022, 10:44:57 pm »

Business, IDK. But we do have that emblem thingy that might make the goblin less likely to attack us, so I say we hail the goblin and see if they're willing to help us identify stuff. If not, well, we have a perfectly good machete...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2022, 11:31:37 pm »

Business, IDK. But we do have that emblem thingy that might make the goblin less likely to attack us, so I say we hail the goblin and see if they're willing to help us identify stuff. If not, well, we have a perfectly good machete...

Umm... Hey there Goblin. Are you friendly? I'm looking for help identifying some things.

"Oh! Yes, of course! Greetings human, You can call me Ishtar, daughter of Ishtar, and I am a representative of the Goblin Guild of Brigands, Merchants, and Wicked Priests. Please check out my inventory of goods and services. I assure you the quality more than makes up for the price."

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divination (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quest (click to show/hide)

-Hmmm... If I show this goblin the Talisman, she might be required to make a small contribution to my cause... but the Talisman might vanish. Is it worth it?-

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, or found under a Creative Commons License. Character Sheet.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 0, Turn 1
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2022, 11:35:32 pm »

Start by getting the kite shield and broach identified.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2022, 11:36:25 pm »

Definitely gonna go with purchasing identification service for the broach and kite shield.
Everyone else: thoughts on whether we want to identify that potion? We have 12 dubloons before any services are purchased, and purchasing identification for broach/shield will use up 4. Purchasing identification for the potion will use up an additional 2, putting us at 6 left - half down from where we were originally.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2022, 01:03:42 am »

We could get two identify scrolls crafted for one dub by using our frustrating memory and cursed ivory.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 01:07:14 am by ZBridges »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2022, 01:09:36 am »

Start by getting the kite shield and broach identified.

You fork over 4 Dubloons, and produce both the broach and the kite shield.

"Hmm... Interesting... Let the divination begin! Argggwolf Smellsite Aroooooooooooooooooooo!"

The room goes dark. You hear a pack of wolves howl continuously for almost half a minute. When they stop, the room's lighting returns.

"Argggwolf, wicked seeker of blood and knowledge, hath sniffed your items and told me of their past and present!"

Okkkkaaaay...

"The broach is a Warscarab, produced as part of a small batch of similar magic items by the undead artificer Vezos in the '90s! It is composed of gold and gems from the elemental plane of earth, and trace amounts of genuine remains and relics plundered from Egyptian tombs. Do to their consumable nature and the fact that only several hundred were made, Warscarabs may be worth more as a collectables or a trade goods than dungeoneering tools, but if you wish to use it all you need do is prick your thumb with the pin and place the broach on your body. It will be absorbed into you, granting you a powerful insectoid form for a short time. The exact nature and duration of the granted form is unique to each Warscarab and usually unknown to the owner until called upon, but I could sniff up that information for an additional 4 Dubloons if you wish. If you did so, I could certify its power free of charge, perhaps increasing its value to collectors."

How about the shield...

"It is called February, and was forged by the Human Knight Lucy Tran with the help of the Gnome Whistlesong in the year 1979. It was part of Tran's 'Armor of the 12 Birthstones' that served her as a standout member of the Level Up Club. She abandoned the armor in 1985 for better gear when she assumed the moniker of 'Rust the Terrapaladin' and co-founded the High Score Table. The exterior of the shield consists of a Mini-Boss heart converted to Amethyst via geomancy, and underneath the gem is a layer of flexible spinx bone. February can reduce the power of particularly dangerous incoming attacks, but doing so will cause it to crack and lose its magic. If cracked, February can be restored by a skilled artificer or a competent dungeon smith, such as myself, using decorative minerals."

Fascinating. Thank you.

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, or found under a Creative Commons License. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 0, Turn 2
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2022, 01:32:14 am »

I think we should get the scarab super-identified and then sell it to a collector, but there's probably no harm hanging onto it for now just in case we end up using it in an emergency.

In the meantime, equip the shield, bid the goblin farewell, and head to the upper right red portal.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 0, Turn 2
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2022, 01:34:21 am »

I think we should get the scarab super-identified and then sell it to a collector, but there's probably no harm hanging onto it for now just in case we end up using it in an emergency.

In the meantime, equip the shield, bid the goblin farewell, and head to the upper right red portal.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 2, Turn 0
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2022, 02:23:53 am »

Thanks for the help Ishtar, my friend and I will be on our way now.

"Thank you for the business. Seek me out anytime you have Dubloons to burn!"

You strap your new shield to your left arm. It is heavy and slows your movement, but the protection it offers you inspires confidence. The slower pace also puts you at Jameson's walking speed, making it easier to coordinate stepping into the Warp Distortion at the same moment as your minion.

Once in the portal, you are not sure if you perceive it as some sort of scifi warp zone, or a literal passageway. For some reason, your brain refuses to understand exactly what is going on; momentarily it feels like your head, legs, and torso are all in different locations.

The strange feeling only lasts for a few seconds, and is quickly replaced by wonder. The universe is so much bigger than you could have imagined, and the future is yours to create!

+Creative Memory

You exit the warp distortion, and find yourself in a new room. To your north the Dataflow river runs through a pipe on the wall. To your south are two more warp distortions and two human looking figures apparently distracted by their cell phones. The guards stand between you and the furthest portal, as well as a pile of interesting refuse on the ground.

Even with your new shield and Jameson's shambling walk, you are fairly confident you can make it to the green portal before the room's inhabitants can react. It is also possible you might be able to rush them down for a surprise melee attack, although you are less positive about this. Assuming their hostility, reaching the Dark Blue portal or refuse without a fight is not likely to happen.

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

---

Spoiler: DALL-E, You Perv! (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 10, 2022, 03:21:06 am »

Are we sure those guys are even hostile?

Anyway I say we go for the green portal.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 10, 2022, 12:12:10 pm »

Yeah, let's not fight unless we have to right now. Try a run for the green portal. Or perhaps shamble, given that we're staggering around with a shield.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 10, 2022, 02:47:02 pm »

We sure we don't want to amble over and say hello instead?

Or perhaps shamble, given that we're staggering around with a shield.[/b]
I've heard it said we're as nimble and elegant as a dead cow!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2022, 06:05:56 pm »

Try a run for the green portal. Or perhaps shamble, given that we're staggering around with a shield.

You and Jameson shamble quickly and loudly across the room.

The occupants turn and notice you just as you reach the green portal.

"Errmmm... Excuse me. Ummmm, actually, this dugeon is a private clubhouse. Singularity Force members only. You are not author...."

BZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTT! The Warp Distortion cuts him off mid-sentence, and you and Jameson quickly find yourselves in a new room.

This room houses only one other Warp Distortion to your Southeast. The Dataflow river cuts through the room from North to Southeast; It looks narrow enough to leap over. Three people stand on the far bank, looking right at you. You recognize one of them.

"So you choose to sit at the Rasputin society's table, and then storm OUR dungeon? I mean I guess I was pressuring you to come here and pick up a Sim Card... but still that takes balls. And it makes me feel certain feelings THAT ARE BEST RESOLVED WITH VIOLENCE!"

Ai produces a comically large sniper rifle and aims in your direction. Her two comrades point their palms in your direction. You note that they are wearing gauntlets that glow the same color as their eyes.

"Hehehe... Since you have no chance, I'll spot you losers the first move! BRING IT!"

In the heat of everything you notice it; The gauntlet wielding underling closest to you has the look of a potential buyer about him. You will likely have to deal with his leader and comrade before you are able to negotiate with him, however. How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 6, Turn 0
« Reply #209 on: October 10, 2022, 06:19:29 pm »

Well looks like we're in for some fun.
Standing orders to Jameson: attack what we attack.
We're clearly not gonna be able to make a run for it this time. With that in mind... let's see.
Let's ask the crown if it's willing to animate our walking stick for us, since it locked us out of doing that. Use salesman skill to phrase it as a "necessary protection" or the like if needed.
I'm not certain how many actions we can take per turn, so please factor that in before considering these:
  • Let's jump over the river alongside Jameson, assuming we're able to. Looking at our movement speed we can both land right next to the guy closest to us.
  • Next, let's do some Homeric Recitation and try boring our adversaries out of their minds.
How far does Homeric Recitation go? Weirdsound, please don't consider this final yet until at least somebody else chimes in on it, because I'm not the best at this.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31