Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19268 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 9
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2022, 11:42:24 am »

Have Jameson finish bashing open the crystal. Examine effects of this on mace.

Jameson, resume smashing please.

"Mrooooo."

Quote from: Mace Attack
To Hit: 12 + 6 = 19
Damage: 2 + 2 = 4

Jameson's mace connects with the crystal for a second time. This time the large red gem shatters; The shards and until recently suspended treasure fall to the ground... but they only remain for a moment.

White light once again erupts from the mace. This time you can see it visibly emitting from the cracks on the weapon. Like the pig corpse before it, your pile of treasure begins to collapse upon itself and transform, until several seconds later only a single ivory tusk remains. The mace then stops glowing.

Nooooooooo.... My treasure!

+Cursed Ivory
+Frustrating Memory

Two crystals with treasure inside remain. How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 11
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2022, 01:25:33 pm »

Noooooooo!

Lick the green crystal, then thwack it with our machete.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 03:40:28 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2022, 02:31:38 pm »

We might as well animate a tool before starting the next encounter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2022, 03:40:19 pm »

Good point. Let's lick the green gem, equip the walking stick, cast animate tool on the machete, and then have us and the tool start thwacking the green gem.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2022, 03:48:23 pm »

Good point. Let's lick the green gem, equip the walking stick, cast animate tool on the machete, and then have us and the tool start thwacking the green gem.
+1.  Machete standing orders: attack what I attack.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 04:20:13 pm by ZBridges »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2022, 08:31:47 pm »

You approach the green crystal, which upon closer inspection is probably closer to turquoise in color, pick out a spot on its surface that isn't covered in zombie slobber, and give it a good licking. It has no real flavor, but is smooth to the touch. Satisfied, you pull out your walking stick before performing the necessary rites to animate your Machete.

Your trusty weapon promptly springs to life, and you gain an inherent understanding of its abilities.

Ordering the construct to attack whatever you do, you start beating up on the green gem.

Quote from: attacks
Turn 12:

Walking Stick to Hit: 5 + 2 = 7
Machete to Hit: 15 + 8 = 23

Machete Damage: 5 + 2 = 7

Turn 13:

Walking Stick to Hit: 14 + 2 = 16
Machete to Hit: 18 + 8 = 26

Walking Stick Damage: 2
Machete Damage: 1 + 2 = 3

The oversized crystal isn't hard to hit, per say, but your first swing with the walking stick fails to inflict any real damage. The same cannot be said for your Machete, which connects hard and causes cracks to spread out across the surface of the gem from the point of impact.

You check over your shoulder to see if any more spirits have arrived to defend the treasure. After a brief moment, you conclude that you are still alone in the room with your allies, and return to swinging.

You put your back into your second swing of the walking stick. This time the impact causes a few chunks to fall off, and the cracks caused by your machete's attack to grow bigger. The construct makes its second swing, and this time the impact causes the gem to shatter! Shards and treasure fall to the ground!

After doublechecking once more to make sure you are still alone, you begin to gather the loot. Much of it magically consolidates into dubloons as you gather, but you still find a few interesting items.

+5 Dubloons
+2 Units of Turquoise Shard
+Unidentified "Enchant Weapon" Scroll
+Turquoise Studded Golden Crown
+Bag of Golden Caltrops

One crystal remains! How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turns 12-14
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2022, 09:18:45 pm »

Might be worth taking a cursory look at our new stuff, to see if it's anything interesting. After that, we can proceed over to the last crystal, with a similar routine as the greenish-turquoise one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2022, 10:29:56 pm »

Might be worth taking a cursory look at our new stuff, to see if it's anything interesting. After that, we can proceed over to the last crystal, with a similar routine as the greenish-turquoise one.
+1

Man that mace probably cost us a lot of good stuff. :'(

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2022, 12:35:14 am »

+1

Man that mace probably cost us a lot of good stuff. :'(
+1 Equip the crown.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2022, 07:00:41 pm »

You examine your newfound treasure. Nothing seems strange or out of place about any of the items, aside from the gaudy gold appearance of the caltrops. Even the bag they are contained in seems to be made from expensive silks.

Satisfied with your inspection, you turn your attention to the final oversized gem. You find an unslobbered on spot to lick, and then, with the help of your animated machete, you lay into it with a series of attacks!

Quote from: attacks
Turn 14:

Walking Stick to Hit: 17 + 2 = 19
Machete to Hit: 7 + 8 = 15

Walking Stick Damage: 4
Machete Damage: 4 + 2 = 6

This time it is your walking stick that causes the crystal to initially crack. The Machete follows up on your strike, and its chopping blow causes the purple gem to shatter! Once again, the ground is covered by shards and goodies!

You look over your shoulder, confirm that no baddies have appeared behind you, and begin gathering up the loot, much of which again consolidates into Dubloons.

+3 Dubloons
+2 Units of Purple Shard
+Unidentified Gold Scarab Broach Encrusted with Purple Gems
+Unidentified Potion in a Gold Bottle
+Unidentified Purple Gem Kite Shield

How do you proceed?

Images by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:08:03 pm by Weirdsound »

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2022, 07:05:55 pm »

I think we should take a close look at that shield and broach, they've gotta do something. Maybe check for any hints on their function on the items themselves, and examine the potion bottle?
Also, can we equip a shield and machete at the same time? I imagine it might be hard to do that with a walking stick, admittedly, but I'm curious about the machete.
Equip the crown.
+1 to this... It's not gonna murder us, I hope.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2022, 12:36:09 am »

What should we do after this room?  We could probably kill the dragon mini-boss if we wanted to.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2022, 01:28:23 am »

I think we should take a close look at that shield and broach, they've gotta do something. Maybe check for any hints on their function on the items themselves, and examine the potion bottle?
Also, can we equip a shield and machete at the same time? I imagine it might be hard to do that with a walking stick, admittedly, but I'm curious about the machete.
Equip the crown.
+1 to this... It's not gonna murder us, I hope.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2022, 04:11:41 pm »

+1 Equip the crown.

You place the crown on your head. It is heavy, but at first you feel no other effects.

You then attempt to examine some of your other new treasures, starting with the broach. It is gold. Very gold. Goldishly gold... huh. Just thinking about it makes you feel funny. Perhaps a bit stupid. You decide to put it down and focus on the shield.

It is quickly determined that although the shield is heavy, and may slow down your movement, you can use it with one hand and thus it is possible to wield at the same time as the machete. You then attempt to ponder the shield deeply. It is purple. Very purpleish... and crystaline. Very crystaline... huh. Focusing on this one makes you feel funny as well. Perhaps a bit unsure of yourself. You try to focus on the potion next.

It comes in a gold container. That much is for sure. A goldy-gold container of some sort. You are sure the potion does... something? Why do you feel so strange thinking about items? What is wrong with you?

As that question crosses your mind, you feel a sharp, cold, pain where your new crown is making contact with your head. Then you hear a voice originating in your own head.

"Dangnabbit... This host is just human. And to make it worse yet his mind is too tough to possess completely... He does have knowledge of items and artifice though... I can use that. Hehehehehe...."

As the voice speaks, you feel your memories and knowledge relating to artifice drain from your very mind!

A Curse has been revealed on the Turquoise Studded Golden Crown! How do you proceed?

Image by Midjourney. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 15
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2022, 05:27:03 pm »

WELP

Introduce ourselves, ask about our new guest.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31