Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19228 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 1
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2022, 06:37:35 pm »

I'd rather lick the crystals to find out how they taste. And because I assume they'll reveal their true nature through faffing about better than cautious stick-poking.

This, but order Jameson to lick the crystals instead. Not having to do dangerous things yourself is one of the many benefits of having a zombie minion.

Jameson. Could you do me a favor and lick each of those crystals?

"Mrrrrrooooo."

The monster offers you a curt nod before slowly trudging across the room to the most distant purple crystal, which it licks with a tounge the size of your hand and wrist. Aside from the undead tounge leaving a trail of festering goop on the surface of the oversized gem, nothing seems to happen.

Jameson works its way around the cave in the counterclockwise direction, giving each of the two remaining crystals a lick as it goes. The results remain the same: gross but otherwise ineffective.

After slobbering all over the red crystal, your creation gives you an inquisitive look.

"Graaaaaghhhhpppppsssss?"

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turns 2-5
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2022, 07:06:59 pm »

Try asking Jameson to strike a crystal with its mace.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2022, 07:36:14 pm »

+1. Let's give those crystals a licking (figuratively, this time).

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2022, 12:48:18 am »

Jameson... Smash it.

"Mraaaaaaaaaghhhhh!"

Quote from: Jameson Attack Rolls
Attack 1: 2 + 6 = 8
Attack 2: 3 + 6 = 9
Attack 3: 10 + 6 = 16

Damage Roll: 6 + 2 = 8

It takes your shambling creation a few wild swings to find its form, but eventually, on its third try, the mace connects flush with the red crystal. You hear a loud crunch! Large cracks spread across the surface of the gem.

As the crack forms, a figure begins to materialize behind Jameson! It is mostly incorporeal, with two solid fist sized gems for eyes. Its form is shadowy and amorphous, but also vaguely avian. It swings on your unsuspecting Zombie!

Quote from: Attack from an Unidentified Foe
Attack rolls hidden. 4 Damage Inflicted.

The unknown assailant strikes at Jameson. Its shadowy body passes through your zombie... mostly. The enemy's heavy gem eyes collide hard with Jameson's ribs.

"....RoooooooorooooooorooooooROOOOOOOOOOOO!"

You have been caught in an ambush! In the chaos, Jameson has chosen its own standing orders: "Defend Self"

How do you proceed?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turns 6-8
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2022, 01:09:09 am »

Just thwack it with our machete for now.

We have a couple cool spells, but I'd like to get a measure of how tough this thing is or what it does other than phase through minotaurs for 4 damage a swing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2022, 01:35:01 am »

We have a couple cool spells, but I'd like to get a measure of how tough this thing is or what it does other than phase through minotaurs for 4 damage a swing.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2022, 10:03:28 am »

You charge the creature with your machete as Jameson slowly turns around to take a swing at it with the mace.

Quote from: Party Attacks
Machete Attack: 11 + 2 = 13
Mace Attack: 6 + 6 = 12

Both attacks pass harmlessly through the creature's incorporeal body. You suspect you will need a fair amount of luck and precision to land a hit on the monster's solid eyes.

The creature responds by swinging it's eyes at Jameson once more.

Quote from: Attack from an Unidentified Foe
Attack Rolls Hidden. 3 Damage Inflicted.

The attack connects, this time with the Minotaur's femur.

How do you proceed?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 9
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2022, 05:20:06 pm »

Hm.

Narrate Epic Strike (10m Range or Self Targeting, The target gains a +10 bonus to hit and a +10 bonus to damage on their next non-spell attack. 1 Use Per Dungeon)
Narrate Epic Strike for +10 hit/+10 damage is the obvious play, but we only get one. If the other gems require similar fights, that's an okay move but not a longterm strategy.

Curse of Circe (2m Range, The target turns into a delicious pig that possesses similar HP and DPS to its original form, but lacks special abilities. 2 Uses Per Dungeon. May Fail Against Bosses)
This would be the other obvious play, and hoping "special abilities" covers high AC from being incorporeal or something. It might just result in a very tough pig.

Well, let's try out Curse of Circe on the strange creature, and see what effect being a pig has on it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2022, 07:09:00 pm »

Well, let's try out Curse of Circe on the strange creature, and see what effect being a pig has on it.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2022, 01:32:06 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2022, 11:49:25 am »

Hm.
Narrate Epic Strike (10m Range or Self Targeting, The target gains a +10 bonus to hit and a +10 bonus to damage on their next non-spell attack. 1 Use Per Dungeon)
Narrate Epic Strike for +10 hit/+10 damage is the obvious play, but we only get one. If the other gems require similar fights, that's an okay move but not a longterm strategy.

You used your Epic Strike on the Incubus anyway.

Curse of Circe (2m Range, The target turns into a delicious pig that possesses similar HP and DPS to its original form, but lacks special abilities. 2 Uses Per Dungeon. May Fail Against Bosses)
This would be the other obvious play, and hoping "special abilities" covers high AC from being incorporeal or something. It might just result in a very tough pig.

You gesture at the phantom, and recite on of your favorite bits from Homer. The creature's shadowy body abruptly condenses into a pink, solid, porcine mass. Its gem eyes split into various pieces of decorative jewelry upon your transformed foe's body. Sadly the newborn pig floats deftly in the air on white wings; You doubt it will be much easier to hit.

Jameson lurches forward with enthusiasm, thrilled that it gets to kill an actual living flesh and blood creature! It offers you a grateful smile as it swings.

+Heartfelt Memory for Jameson

Quote from: Jameson Mace Attack
Roll to Hit: 13 + 6 = 19
Damage Roll: 6 + 2 = 8

The zombie's mace comes down hard on the Pig's skull! There is a sickening crunch! Blood begins to spurt from the mangled mess that was once and very briefly a pig's head... but then...

Jameson's mace begins to glow a bright white! The pig's corpse and jewelry begin to contract and collapse into itself, until it reaches roughly the same dimensions as your forearm. It hardens and turns white. It curves, and one end becomes pointed. The violent process and the mace's glow both cease, and you find yourself looking at what is essentially an elephant's tusk.

+Cursed Ivory

Then, glowing red and purple cracks erupt across the surface of Jameson's mace.

An unknown curse has been revealed on Jameson's mace!

"Oooooooooh boy. Looks like your pet's weapon is cursed. Curses often lay dormant on items until their conditions are met. Once a piece of gear is revealed to be cursed, it cannot be unequipped without magical aid. Suffer through a curse long enough, and you'll begin to gain an understanding of exactly how it works... Mmmkay?"

How do you proceed?

Images by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2022, 12:12:14 pm »

Hm. Not fond of pushing our luck with those cracks, but don't want to waste our only ID scroll...

Have Jameson finish bashing open the crystal. Examine effects of this on mace.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 10
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2022, 06:02:03 pm »

We could try breaking it with our machete in order to avoid the effects of the curse.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2022, 03:42:05 am »

Hm. Not fond of pushing our luck with those cracks, but don't want to waste our only ID scroll...

+1

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2022, 08:50:49 am »

+1
+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31