Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19192 times)

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 5, Turn 4
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2022, 05:59:40 pm »

Cast Animate Tool on your trowel, cast Narrate Epic Strike on yourself, release the Pinkubus, and attack with that sweet +10 to hit/+10 damage bonus.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2022, 07:03:12 pm »

Cast Animate Tool on your trowel, cast Narrate Epic Strike on yourself, release the Pinkubus, and attack with that sweet +10 to hit/+10 damage bonus.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2022, 08:05:57 pm »

You clean up the items you pulled out and discarded in attempt to trade with the Bugbear. Everything returns to your backpack. Everything except the trowel, which you hold in your hand and trace arcane runes across the tool's surface. You finish your work, and the trowel begins to float in the air!

You clear your throat and prepare to narrate an epic strike as you walk toward the button to release the Incubus, but are interrupted by the static of the PA system.

"Oh. Good. You animated a tool. I was wondering when you'd let me give the tutorial on party members. Whelp, here goes... *ahem* Allies require commands. Outside of battle it is fairly easy to direct traffic. But when combat starts, you may issue everyone on your side a general standing order, such as 'kill em all' or 'protect me', each. If you use a friendly spell on someone, you may change their standing order, or give them a very specific order to follow for a turn, as a free action. Otherwise, you need to use an action to order your buddies around once the fighting starts. You got that? Good. Now then, let me add a 'friendly summons' tab to your bestiary, and I'll leave you to your business, mmmmkay?"

Flying Trowel requires general standing orders before combat begins. How do your proceed?

Assets by DALL-E. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 5, Turn 5
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2022, 11:43:09 pm »

Orders: Attack whatever we're attacking
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2022, 12:58:08 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2022, 03:49:47 am »

Alright little buddy, just attack whatever I do. Got it?

Taking the construct's silence as affirmation, you begin to narrate your actions as you prepare to launch an epic strike!

Steeling his resolve, the Son of James swore to free and strike down the foul demon with the funny name! He gave the button that would free the fiend a good, long, look, before pressing it with authority. With a dramatic hiss, the stasis cage faded from this world, and the horrible Incubus was loose! Ready to strike, the Son of James dashes forward to meet his foe!

"Uggghhh... Where the earth am I? Why do I feel like I was up till 3am drinking with Moloch? Oh... Gross. Human child running. Should probably kill that before it kills me."

Pinkubus charges foward to intercept you, as you lack the movement speed to cover the distance between it and the button in a single round. Once it reaches your position, it lays into you with sharp teeth and even sharper tail.

Quote from: Pinkubus Multi-Attack
Bite to Hit: 3 + 4 = 7
Tail Slap to Hit: 14 + 4 = 17

Tail Slap Damage: 1+2 = 3

You manage to dodge the Incubus' fangs, but doing so moves your head right into the fiend's fast moving bladed tail! You are struck in the cheek and blood is drawn. You are grateful that the attack missed the major artery in your neck by a few inches.

"Damn. Why you kids always make me kill you? I don't even get all that much out of doing you in when you are this young."

You choose to ignore your enemies' banter, and continue narrating and delivering your attack.

Fueled by righteous indignation, the Son of James endured the foul demon's strike! In lashing out with its tail, the fiend had put itself right where the human wanted it. Without so much as a moment of hesitation, the Son of James brought down his mighty machete upon his foe with all his might!

Quote from: Machete Attack with Narrate Epic Strike
To Hit: 2 + 2 + 10 = 14
Damage: 6 + 10 = 16

Your swing isn't very accurate. By all accounts it should have been wide by a significant margin, but as fate would have it the weakened incubus picked the exact wrong moment to lose his footing and stumble in the worst possible way. Pinkubus' neck manages to find itself directly in the path of your machete. Your swing isn't very accurate, but it doesn't lack power. With a soft *thwip* you take your foe's head clean off!

+1 Triumphant Memory

The Incubus' remains begin to disintegrate into the same fine yellow powder that the Imphants in the last room did. Unlike the Impfants however, you note several large lumps, indicating that there might be some items buried within this pile of Hecksulphur.

Just as you are about to start digging, you feel hot breath on your shoulder. You turn to see High Corporal Dresh Skinflayer looking over your shoulder. He doesn't seem aggressive, but you make a note that bugbears can be sneaky.

"Well, none o' that stuff smells cursed, lad, so I think our business has fokking concluded here. It was nice meeting and not having to torture ya. I'll be on me way. If ya ever find more cursed stuff ya need to get rid of, look me up. I usually can be found in Da Grease Hole, a dungeon ya can access through the bottom o' the ball pit at any Ralph-E-Rat Pizza. Me wife Tiffany runs security for the goblin merchant there, so my ilk is not hard ta find. Thanks again fer not killing me!"

With that the bugbear returns to his corner, and resumes suckling the oil lamp.

How do you proceed?

Images by DALL-E. Character Sheet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 5, Turns 6-7
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2022, 04:34:07 am »

Lets see what the dead Incubus dropped.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2022, 04:34:52 am »

+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2022, 12:26:37 pm »

You dig through the pile of Hecksulphur, bottling as much of it as you can, to get at the juicy goodies buried underneath.

+2 Units of Hecksulphur

Most of what you dig up amounts to common pebbles and small bits of bone, but a few things stand out.

The first, and most glaringly obivious, find is a fist sized orange gem cut into the shape of a heart. It is warm to the touch, and just handeling it makes you feel as if you have been rewarded for your efforts.

+1 Mini-boss Heart

Next you find a non-descript white toothpaste-looking tube. Its only adornment are two Latin words written in a large boring black font: "Colorum Splendidus"

+Unidentified Tube of "Colorum Splendidus"

Lastly, and perhaps least interestingly, you find find a couple Dubloons.

+2 Dubloons

How do you proceed?

Image by Midjourney. Character Sheet

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 5, Turn 8
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2022, 03:03:43 pm »

I think we're done here. Return to the control room, then go to Floor 6.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2022, 04:07:00 pm »

We still haven't unlocked a stasis cage. Return to floor 4.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2022, 12:41:46 am »

We still haven't unlocked a stasis cage. Return to floor 4.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2022, 09:21:17 pm »

You return to the control room, and once again press the button that will bring you to the dungeon's 4th floor. The door closes briefly while the room shakes. When it stops, you note that, perhaps predictably, the button for floor 6 has changed color.

Floor 1 -----> Basic Dungeon Tutorial
Floor 2 -----> Combat Tutorial
Floor 3 -----> Scholarship Tutorial
Floor 4 -----> Introduction to Friendly NPC Archtypes
Floor 5 -----> Introduction to Common Mini-Boss Archtypes
Floor 6 -----> Lock and Key Tutorial, Exit

Once on the proper floor, you walk down the hallway, through the archway where the strange handy key once hung, and climb up the ladder to reach the room with the three stasis cages.

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E or otherwise found under creative commons license. Character Sheet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 4, Turn 1
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2022, 01:00:09 am »

What about setting the goblin free?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 4, Turn 1
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2022, 01:21:57 am »

I think that would make sense, since we have the Mark of the Goblinoid Khanum.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31