Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19257 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 17
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2022, 05:04:14 pm »

We're not in the mood to cower, but tbh I can't think of anything off the top of my head. What were we going to do again before our guest threw a wrench in our head?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2022, 05:08:07 pm »

Damn.

We're pretty much done with the tutorial dungeon, so the basic plan was to leave and then hit the eject button to separate our new dungeon dorm from the rest of this place.

Could also go murder that wyrmling if we wanted to.

Also I wonder if this means we're gonna have to wear a crown to regular class.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2022, 05:16:45 pm »

*PC walks into class*
Class: "Hey, where'd you get that from?" *indicates crown*
PC: "You wouldn't believe it if I told you."
This seems like how that scenario would play out.

Anyway, with what few options we have, using the "Identify" scroll on that broach seems like a decent option. It might do something nifty or it might curse us and we'd better figure out which before we try it on. Also, with that demoness-fragment making everything worse, we'll need all the buffs we can get.
Assuming, of course, that we can still read scrolls.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2022, 12:59:41 am »

Quick idea: Since the crown is a fragment of a devil or something like that, check if it (she?) counts as a 'Fiendish Enemy' for the purposes of Theology Of Milton.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2022, 02:16:33 am »

Quick idea: Since the crown is a fragment of a devil or something like that, check if it (she?) counts as a 'Fiendish Enemy' for the purposes of Theology Of Milton.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2022, 01:19:57 pm »

"Hey! Stop thinking about me so hard! LEST MY TERRIFYING NATURE CORRUPT YOUR VERY SOUL!"

Hang on... just a second longer... there we go. Got you in my Bestiary now crown! Lets see what I'm dealing with.... hmmm.... AH! So you are holding out some of the crowns power on me, eh? We might have to discuss that at some point.

"...Pesky mortal."

How do you proceed?

Images by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 18
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2022, 01:07:19 am »

Let's just go.  Push the button.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2022, 01:14:50 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2022, 02:47:49 am »

Let's just go.  Push the button.

You decide that you have had your fill of the treasure room, and indeed the dungeon at large, so you exit the cave, climb back into your homeroom through the window, and push the red button. The Window in front of you and the door behind you both seal shut, and the room shakes for longer and with more force than the elevator/control room did. In the mayhem, you barely notice your wounds closing and bruises healing.

Eventually the commotion dies down. You see the school parking lot out the window you just crawled in, and hear the sounds of a busy school hallway behind the door.

To your east, you notice a whiteboard hanging on the wall that wasn't there before. It lists information on new adventures you might embark upon.

As you read, the intercom crackles to life.

"See anything you like on that board? Normally I insist that you take a break and do something mundane after each dungeon, but my little tutorial adventure doesn't put that much temporal strain on your body or soul. Still, if you'd like you can wander off for a bit; Work in your classes the boring way, try to make some friends, spend time with your family. Whatever you want. That said, if you want to dive right into the next one, feel free."

You nod your head, and resuming your reading of the whiteboard, before Mr. Levy interrupts you once more.

"Oh. I promised you a Q&A, didn't I? Well now would be the time for that. I hope the tutorial was fairly self explanatory, but if you have any questions, I'll take them now. Mmmmmkay?"

Assets by DALL-E. Character Sheet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon Complete!
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2022, 02:58:15 am »

We should probably ask if the crown will stay on our head when we exit the dungeon because it'll look weird if we come out of here wearing it.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2022, 03:16:21 am »

How are bugbears capable of affecting cursed items, other than just feeding on them?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2022, 12:03:35 pm »

We should probably ask if the crown will stay on our head when we exit the dungeon because it'll look weird if we come out of here wearing it.

"You know, I actually tried to get an amendment added to cosmic bylaws so my students could leave their cursed doodads in the dungeons, but the Goblinoid Khanum lobbied hard against it and shut me down. Bitch. So I'm afraid you are stuck with the crown, but you needn't fret about looking weird, Randy Boy. About 15 years back, the High Score Table took it upon themselves to enchant every street and building in Freedom's Peak to defy perception. Normies in this town don't notice dungeon stuff unless it is pushed in their faces. The crown should fly under the radar so long as nobody has to interact with the top of your head. Just be careful around newer buildings that may have missed being enchanted, and don't do anything dumb like whip out a weapon or make people shake hands with your pet zombie, and the Level Up Club should have minimal impact on whatever day to day life you choose to have. Mmmmmkay?"

How are bugbears capable of affecting cursed items, other than just feeding on them?

"As I said before bugbears have evolved to feed on the sort of foulness that typically fuels cursed items. No two bugbears are exactly alike, but the vast majority are particularly well equipped to deal with cursed things. Most are completely immune to curses themselves, and many have mechanisms, such as claws or saliva, to remove cursed belongings from others. Just be careful: Bugbears will rarely have your best interests in mind, and if offered a choice between removing your cursed item or taking advantage of your vulnerability to torture you for dark magic production, many will pick 'yes'. Luckily most of them are poor liars, so it shouldn't be to hard to see such treachery coming. Other than that, if the Bugbear offers to use its claws, just make sure you are healthy enough to afford losing a bit of skin and that the cursed item in question isn't touching your nether regions. Mmmkay?

Oh. And fun fact. A bugbear's mastery over foul magics means most of them are talented at making cursed items. But bugbears tend to be lazy and gluttonous, and thus wouldn't dream of doing such a thing unless they had quite the surplus of time and people to torture."

How do you Proceed? More questions? Do something outside the dungeons? Pick a quest off the whiteboard?

Assets by DALL-E. Character Sheet.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 11:50:45 pm by Weirdsound »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2022, 02:50:43 pm »

Mr. Levy's Beginner Adventure Ideas:
How silly!

We should probably try to balance being a dungeon grue with being a human, so let's go have a personal and social life for now. Maybe we'll make some friends to invite to our club, and then need to have awkward conversations about the fate of.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2022, 11:17:13 pm »

How silly!

We should probably try to balance being a dungeon grue with being a human, so let's go have a personal and social life for now. Maybe we'll make some friends to invite to our club, and then need to have awkward conversations about the fate of.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2022, 01:52:26 am »

One more question.
How does the school react to us disappearing into the dungeon, do we get counted absent or something?

How silly!

+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31