Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19400 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 2 - Lost Friends
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2022, 05:41:43 pm »

It might seem artificially constructed because it kinda was? I guess, a little bit?

You hammering Fallacy when he was talking talking and giving information annoyed me, especially once he was revealed as town. But I couldn’t call you out on it as the day had ended

So like any reasonable person I vented my frustrations by making a paragraph about why I thought you were scum on note and copy and pasting said paragraph when the day started.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2022, 05:51:17 pm »

I think people can use context clues to have figured out you weren’t giving me an extra vote :p consequently, I’m denying the rest of the town nothing. Equally so, before your claim, I had no idea what you were going to claim having done, and consequently can’t vouch for it.

So yeah, I did not receive any messages about being vote blocked, or losing a vote.
I should have voteblocked you for the day. You should have been informed by NQT.

Either someone roleblocked me or you are lying.
One wheel short of a wagon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2022, 05:52:14 pm »

Was it a night action?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2022, 05:53:54 pm »

Yes. Voteblock during following dayphase.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2022, 05:54:43 pm »

Would you be affected by Tric’s global attract?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2022, 05:56:26 pm »

It might seem artificially constructed because it kinda was? I guess, a little bit?

You hammering Fallacy when he was talking talking and giving information annoyed me, especially once he was revealed as town. But I couldn’t call you out on it as the day had ended

So like any reasonable person I vented my frustrations by making a paragraph about why I thought you were scum on note and copy and pasting said paragraph when the day started.

It was hours between FallacyofUrist's final post and me hammering him. It was also an hour or so after saying I was thinking about hammering to when I actually hammered. So it was certainly not in the middle of him talking and giving information.

What do you make of ToonyMan casting his vote in the same time frame as I did? Why do I get to be the target of your frustrations here?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2022, 06:01:48 pm »

Because you were the last vote that got him hammered? What are you talking about?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2022, 06:05:20 pm »

Would you be affected by Tric’s global attract?
...shit, yep. And that almost definitely happened.

Welp. Past midnight here, I'm getting stuff confused.

Ok, that's nothing then. I'll take another look at the game tomorrow.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2022, 06:48:12 pm »

So basically,
my action is indirectly confirmed by Jim
ToonyMan's action is most likely confirmed by Tric's flip
everyone else can prove nothing.

Wow, that's really unhelpful.

I'm not convinced a scum Jim would admit to getting my gift, much less forthrightly let me know what it was. Moreover, if he IS scum, the gift pretty much means town loses, unless there's some kind of vigilante in the setup. I'll apologize in advance for that, but I don't think it's the case.

Knightwing looks like town Knightwing to me. He's doing a very good job, especially compared to last time. I'm not saying he's cleared, but he looks good from my perspective, definitely not a top lynch candidate.

As for the last two...
I don't see why a scum hector13 would defend a town Fallacy like that. The idea of a fake flip, then, is theoretically possible, but I just can't justify placing a vote based on that in what might be MYLO. I'd really be happiest if we could get some inspect results on him, though.

And that leaves NJW2000. NJW's case on Fallacy started out really silly. Although Fallacy's behavior pretty much won a bunch of us over on it, I still think that the original push was... well, insane. That ten-four thing was just categorical paranoia. And now, on day 2... NJW is still pushing the same conspiracy theory, with an extra bonus fake flip to make it unfalsifiable. I can't deny, as I said last entry, that his theory is possible, but I don't see myself voting anyone but NJW2000 today unless something really unexpected happens.

Finally: I'm not sure whether I'm comfortable with a no lynch. In theory it might be the right move today... but I can only ever remember it being used by scum to get out of getting lynched. I don't trust it, even though I relatively do trust Jim. If we really can't convince ourselves that someone is scum, I guess I'll agree to it, but for now I don't like it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2022, 07:20:04 pm »

Been out for today, but now I'm here.

If there's two mafia then me or Max could still be partners with someone who killed Tric for us, but I think we could say it's very unlikely either of us killed Tric. If Max is in cahoots with Jim then we probably just lose anyway. I don't think it's likely.

My instinct tells me that Max and Jim are town.

I still feel good about Hector, more than Max/Jim.

I still feel good about Knightwing, although not as much as Hector.

I don't like NJW.

I think either Jim or NJW killed Tric.

If I had to make a list right now it would be something like:

Hector - top townie
Knightwing - are we really all wrong that this is town!Knightwing? I don't think so, it'd have to be with Max or something.
Max - probably didn't kill Tric
Jim - may have killed Tric, I don't really see them as scum
NJW - may have killed Tric, I see them as scum

Let me read more of the thread now...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2022, 07:22:22 pm »

The "NJW is mafia" scenario for me implies that he's solo mafia, but that also feels weak for this setup to just have 1 mafia and 1 TP that isn't mally. The lack of knowledge on number of mafia and third-party makes this really challenging.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2022, 07:36:40 pm »

More thoughts while reading:

Does mafia have a partner in this game? I think that's unlikely as a D2 mylo from one mislynch is harsh.

Does mafia have a third party helper? Maybe, I feel that would balance this setup more and give my random conversion more targets to hit.

Is mafia just by themselves? This feels really hard for mafia and unlikely unless they were given at least some power.

Do I think NJW is mafia? Yes, but is he by himself or with someone? I think NJW is most likely with KW in this case, although I would always vote NJW first. I just don't see Hector or Jim or Max being with NJW.

If NJW is town, then we lose right? Mafia are probably inside Max/Jim here. I don't think it's likely.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2022, 07:53:22 pm »

Right now, I think FoU and Hector's behaviour yesterday looks astonishingly like a scum gambit to clear Hector via FoU's fake flip. Hard-defending a townie gets one town-read, but the flip needs to occur for Hector to actually be trusted. This is why FoU shows no genuine desire to live, despite claiming I am insanely scummy. Naturally, he goes after a much harder player to eliminate D1, and a stronger player than myself, i.e. Toonyman. Also good for getting Toony out of the way rather than myself on D2. Which explains Hector's certainty that I'm scum, but strange reticence in presenting a case on me and voting for me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2022, 09:27:47 pm »

Because you were the last vote that got him hammered? What are you talking about?

Yes, I did hammer FoU, but it took four other people to get there.

Again, what about the other FoU voters?

Finally: I'm not sure whether I'm comfortable with a no lynch. In theory it might be the right move today... but I can only ever remember it being used by scum to get out of getting lynched. I don't trust it, even though I relatively do trust Jim. If we really can't convince ourselves that someone is scum, I guess I'll agree to it, but for now I don't like it.

I probably don't change my opinion about wanting to lynch NJW2000 if we no lynch today, but there's an opportunity to confirm a few people didn't perform nightkills if we no lynch.

The question is how risky is it to no lynch? Even though everybody has a role they all seem to be monkey's paw roles of dubious utility and value. If it were a BYOR, absolutely no way would I go for a no lynch, but it feeeeeeels like less of a risk this game.

You're right that if there was no clear choice for today a no lynch would make a lot more sense.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2022, 09:43:59 pm »

The question is how risky is it to no lynch? Even though everybody has a role they all seem to be monkey's paw roles of dubious utility and value. If it were a BYOR, absolutely no way would I go for a no lynch, but it feeeeeeels like less of a risk this game.
Well, I might as well be open about this: my role leads me strongly to prefer getting on with things. It didn't break the game today, but it might tomorrow. Like, for example, what if NJW2000 got what you got? Well, that could still happen and there's nothing anyone can do about it yet. For all I know, it could easily get worse than that.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26