Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19458 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1 Begins! - Dwarf Fortress? Elf Fortress more like!
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2022, 06:24:23 pm »

Fallacy, I could’ve sworn you were invited people to vote you just two pages ago, why the switch up?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2022, 06:31:15 pm »

Unvote in case of knightwings.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2022, 06:45:32 pm »

Am I wrong? One second, I could’ve sworn that Fal said to vote them, lemme quote it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2022, 06:47:25 pm »

It’s this kind of thing that makes me think you’re scum. FoU is actually inviting pressure by asking players to vote for him if they have a strong case, otherwise it is hugely suspicious, because building a strong case and only inviting others to take it up is really bad, as is the other side of that coin, voting someone for poor reasoning. Sure, voting people for voting you is no bueno, but examining cases against you for strengths and weaknesses is fine, and half the town is currently on his wagon.

RVS also isn’t an absolute thing; some players can still be in RVS when others are chasing down things they find interesting, and FoU - we at least agree on this - hasn’t done a great deal as yet. That’s about the only good thing I can see from him being at L-1, because he has to actually do something now.
Ho hum. Do you think it would be likely for some players to have strong cases, while others are still in RVS?

Because otherwise, FoU is simply telling people they can't vote for him.

I may be guilty of this sort of thing too, but if you're town, I think you're starting to get a little blinkered in this defence of FoU. One doesn't "invite pressure" by asking players to vote one on the basis of a strong case. It's just something you'd obviously expect players to do, provided they had a strong case and weren't congenital idiots.

Unvote in case of knightwings.
You should probably put this in red, if you want it to happen.
One wheel short of a wagon

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2022, 06:49:28 pm »

I… guess I’m just stupid? Because I could’ve swore they said something about not committing to voting him, which was basically a invite to vote him, but I can’t find it soooo…..

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2022, 06:55:54 pm »

They said we were in RVS, so people should be voting people, including them, yes. Or something, I'm willing to yield the point if I got that wrong.

That said, please DO NOT VOTE THEM. It would be an unexpected hammer, and lead to us losing helpful information. You would have some explaining to do D2, especially if they flip town.

Going to bed so will be off for a bit. No useful insights into Max or Toony thus far.
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2022, 07:04:25 pm »

Fallacy, I could’ve sworn you were invited people to vote you just two pages ago, why the switch up?
I appreciate well-reasoned votes. I don't appreciate bandwagoning. There's a difference between good votes and bad votes.

Alright, here's the deal.

hector13 is town for being the sole person willing to just plain give me the benefit of the doubt.

Knightwing64 is town for doing a reasonable amount of engagement with the gameplay with the intent of finding scum - I'd have more stringent standards for a more experienced player, but this is both good enough play and not showing any shifty signs.

Jim Groovester is town or ignorable for Day 1. He's basically committed himself to be examined at a later date based on his interactions with TricMagic and the night game. He hasn't done anything that merits suspicion, but he has put himself out there. It's a mix of town vibes and wait and see vibes. Okay, and he also gives me the benefit of the doubt, which is good.

TricMagic is a third party (88%) or doing a big brain play with Jim Groovester (12%). I'm not okay with him winning via his actual wincon, but if we can convert him to town that'd be nice. Would Jim go for something as audacious as pairing his fakeclaim with Tric's fakeclaim, and would he be able to get Tric to go along with that? I don't know. I'm fine ignoring that conspiracy theory for now.

I firmly believe there is at least one scum among the remaining three players. I'm not so sure both about the existence of two scum and two scum voting me, but it is at least possible.

As much as my initial vote was on him, I don't believe Maximum Spin is scum - unvote.

Toonyman and NJW2000 are the scumteam.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2022, 07:06:50 pm »

I'm willing to vote NJW today. Unvote to avoid hammers and so I can catch up with thread.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2022, 07:11:13 pm »

NJW for being wrong about players, again.
NJW2000 - town?
Hector13 - suspicious
FallacyofUrist - suspicious
I can't believe I agree with a D1 NJW case.

FallacyofUrist. I think FoU is up to no good and do like NJW more currently.
I'm willing to vote NJW today. Unvote to avoid hammers and so I can catch up with thread.

... This is the most unreasoned and most indecisive flip flopping I have seen in a while.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2022, 07:18:09 pm »

I've made my intentions clear I want to vote you or NJW today.

Also point of advice, pointing out my human nature only makes me stronger.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2022, 07:18:42 pm »

Fal, what's with the flippin colors?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2022, 07:19:42 pm »

Okay, I was thinking of making a giant wall of text, analyzing literally everything Toony and NJW have put out, and generally aiming to induce despair, but honestly, that seems more like a useful scum tactic to file away for later - just making enough giant mega posts that everyone gives up.

... though it's also a bit mean.

Sorry about BYOR16 or whichever one it was.

Let's do this a bit differently.

I'll put my conclusions right here in front, and you can soak them in.

ToonyMan has nothing.

NJW2000 is weaker than he has any right to be.

ToonyMan is distancing from NJW2000.

Fal, what's with the flippin colors?

It's... literally just post organization. Green to mark someone as a town read, orange for third party, grey for neutral, and red for scum. (Though I use the color 'crimson' to not trip up any vote counters.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2022, 07:21:55 pm »

Don't see my unvote as an act of mercy. I still extremely want to vote you today Fallacy for being scummy. I'm mainly unvoting so I can read the thread and get a word in without quicky mcgee dropping hammer.

I'll gladly hammer you with confidence.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2022, 07:24:44 pm »

FoU, full role-claim if you haven't yet.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2022, 07:26:55 pm »

... Look at it this way Fal. Either Toony is scum looking to recruit me as an ally tonight, or you're scum and I get town-converted.

Don't really have a stake in this vote in such case. An voting me doesn't really do anything. If you think NQT is scum, vote Toony. I'll then disable NQT tonight, Max will befriend me, and I'll be out of everyone's hair. And NQT won't have their role abilities the next day/night cycle, so an investigative role could prove useful.

On the other hand, can just trust Toony, get converted, and then play towards that wincon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26