Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19362 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1 Begins! - Dwarf Fortress? Elf Fortress more like!
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2022, 11:23:29 am »

Toony you’re not making my naked paranoia any better with claims like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2022, 11:49:37 am »

My role is pretty good and I'm town again, so I'm happy with this setup.

Knightwing, what do you think of Tric's claim? Apparently I have to put in actual WORK to read you now, so I'm going to need you to speak up.

There's one thing about my role I should probably share but I'm going to sit on it for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2022, 12:08:26 pm »

@NJW I’ve played with everyone here at least once. I think I’m most comfortable reading FoU, though it has been literal years since I played a game with them so maybe that’s wishful thinking, and least comfortable with Max Spin. They just always seem to be pinging my scumdar.
It has been a while, hector my scum buddy my pal, hasn't it?

Not actually mafia though. I am, stating once and all and for the record, that I am town. If I subsequently claim third party, please execute me. Thank you.

My role is... niche, but confirmable. I don't think I should claim anything more just yet.

Anyone that has abilities that have global effects or roleflip alteration should claim immediately, though, unless they have good reason to believe they shouldn't. Miller rules.

Toony you’re not making my naked paranoia any better with claims like that.

How paranoid will you be ten minutes from now?

The more I think about this the less I like it.

There are 8 players, with at least one scum and now a claimed third party. As I’ve said, it would seem excessive to have 2 scum and a third party, leaving 5 townies. This TP claims to be recruitable and it seems vanishingly unlikely that scum would not be able to recruit them, else what’s the point of them being recruitable?

It seems more likely to me that there’s one scum, and Tric is able to be recruited by them, possibly also by town to maybe kinda sorta balance it out?

Why would a player stay in the game if they’ve already won, too?

I hate third parties, god damn.
Quite messy, ain't it? Still mad about Busdriver all the way back in Mafiakart Racing - how many years ago was that, now?

Knightwing64: Okay, you've been in a good five or six games by now I reckon. What's your strategy for finding scum? Flailing and following other people around are not answers. I don't expect a doctoral thesis or the Mona Lisa, just give me one good strategy. You've got to learn from these experiences, my friend.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2022, 12:10:37 pm »

Knightwing, how does it feel to be 1 of the weaker players. Or do you contest this?

And before anyone asks, I'm third party. So I'm going to be a bit disruptive till I win, after which I'll just help out my friend. Please befriend me?

Yes, this is a silly way to win a game of mafia, why do you ask?
Wait, so once you've won, you'll just stick around helping out whoever used their befriend ability on ya?

How come you only asked three players questions?
I only had three questions I genuinely wanted an answer to. Asked them ASAP because games these days tend to move out of RVS fast. Especially with Tric around.

Ruh-roh, I'm worried for town, let's talk third parties, there's probably only one scum.
This post really doesn't fill me with confidence.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2022, 12:11:26 pm »

Anyone that has abilities that have global effects or roleflip alteration should claim immediately, though, unless they have good reason to believe they shouldn't. Miller rules.
Why those two things specifically?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2022, 12:13:03 pm »

Why those two things specifically?
Because role flips are the single greatest information source we have, closely followed by player behavior in thread.

And because I'd rather get the 'my ability was redirected!' 'my mindscrew aura makes anyone who targets Shakerag instead target a random player targeting my target's target!' 'oh' out of the way ahead of time.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2022, 12:29:27 pm »

I am still furious about MafiaKart, but mostly because the town were happy to keep you around.

Also the fact I was tunneled in on you the entire time because of your negligible utility for town (the only players you sold roles to were mafia!) and that made me not scum hunt.

But jeez, a random recruit action for town and less than 9 players, I am struggling to look beyond my current worry that there’s one scum that can recruit Tric.

Equally so, Tric did fail to claim a Miller-esque role in a game recently until after the role was outed (the fairy godfather thing in the begBYOR) so the demand to inspect him is also disconcerting.

*sigh*

If we’re vagueclaiming, my ability is of… it’s not very good. I think I’m more support than anything else.

@NJW we’re in a weird setup with only 8 players, an announcement at the start of the game that there was at least one scum (the implication being “not necessarily more than one scum”) then a claimed recruitable third party that seems to stay in the game even after they achieve their wincon of being recruited, plus someone claiming a random recruit for town, with another implication that scum might also have a recruit ability, random or otherwise.

Am I just supposed to ignore the first significant piece of information in the game? :p it’s also RVS and close to day start, we have plenty of time to examine that and hopefully clear up before the end of the day, and FoU can confirm my experience with early TP claims that” they can benefit town” was not good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2022, 12:30:15 pm »

I don't know, I think Knightwing and Hector are town here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2022, 12:37:09 pm »

Because role flips are the single greatest information source we have, closely followed by player behavior in thread.
Well, all right. My flip will be completely fake. That is to say, completely random.

I don't know, I think Knightwing and Hector are town here.
So far, I agree. This encourages me that ToonyMan may also be town.

I don't think I believe TricMagic here, but I can't articulate why exactly. I believe he probably INSPECTS as a third party, though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2022, 12:39:58 pm »

Well, all right. My flip will be completely fake. That is to say, completely random.
Well, that sucks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2022, 12:42:05 pm »

Equally so, Tric did fail to claim a Miller-esque role in a game recently until after the role was outed (the fairy godfather thing in the begBYOR) so the demand to inspect him is also disconcerting.

I'm just saying, there isn't a way to confirm me as TP without inspecting. This could very well be mafia fakeclaiming. Revealing myself as third party and my win condition first post protects me from a random info role outing me like that last game. And gives those with the Befriend action a target to get me on their side.

As TP, I'd honestly want a No Lynch today. As the fact town is more likely to have the Befriend action though, going with town wincon makes more sense long-term, as I can be befriended even if I'm dead. And if I don't win, that's just the price I have to pay, gg.

On that note, I've got suspicions against Toony and Fal right now. Mostly cause my disruption to town is a global attract. Which has a high chance of killing me, but would also pull Toony's randomization to me. Why'd Fal bring it up though?

Nin-spin. You're welcome to think that, but would have to ask why'd I be lying here. Me pulling a mafia play is one reason, being a different type of third party another. If I was a miller type though, I'd say that, strange as it sounded.

Nin 2, the Fallacy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2022, 12:44:38 pm »

Well, that sucks.
I love randomness!

I don't think I believe TricMagic here, but I can't articulate why exactly. I believe he probably INSPECTS as a third party, though.
Do you believe NQT would let me have a psych ability in a setup with no third-party?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2022, 12:46:40 pm »

Do you believe NQT would let me have a psych ability in a setup with no third-party?
Corollary: Do you believe NQT would give out that third party wincon in a setup where no Befriend ability exists?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2022, 12:50:01 pm »

Well, that sucks.
Well, I'm HOPING you never have to see it. :P

Yes.
Corollary: Do you believe NQT would give out that third party wincon in a setup where no Befriend ability exists?
No, since the rules said all players can win.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2022, 12:55:41 pm »

Yes.
Do you read Tric as scum then? I don't believe this is mafia!Tric at all. I can't understand half of what he's saying.

I don't think we ever vote Tric here, and I'm the guy who wants to murder players for claiming third-party.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26