Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19382 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1 Begins! - Dwarf Fortress? Elf Fortress more like!
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2022, 08:12:42 pm »

But somehow, ToonyMan's behavior is even weaker, even scummier.

Why not NJW2000 if he's also part of the scum team? hector13 is voting NJW2000 so if you pivoted to NJW2000 your odds of getting a non-you lynch significantly improve.
I believe ToonyMan is marginally scummier than NJW, and I'll act according to that belief. NJW has a really terrible case, and ToonyMan has no case. There's a slight improvement between 'really terrible' and 'none'.

I don't think you're going to get ToonyMan, but you might get NJW2000.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2022, 08:13:30 pm »

... Max, if Fal somehow survives to end of day and Toony dies and flips town, I'm hitting Fal tonight. Please send a friend request.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2022, 08:14:53 pm »

... Max, if Fal somehow survives to end of day and Toony dies and flips town, I'm hitting Fal tonight. Please send a friend request.

You need to reread the thread for who and how the befriending is going to happen. As I recall Maximum Spin has not claimed being able to befriend people.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2022, 08:18:46 pm »

Jim targets whoever targets NJW. There's a 75% chance Jim befriends whoever targets NJW and a 25% chance they get infected and die the following day or something. I wouldn't worry about being possibly infected as if I'm able to convert you then you'll still win with town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2022, 08:19:45 pm »

Apparently. Sorry Jim. I'm going to bed now, Unvote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2022, 08:25:13 pm »

I should probably say explicitly that the longer you're in game after being provided a clear path to victory the more I suspect and want to lynch you.

So make sure you know exactly what you need to do, because if you're still around on Day 2 because you made a mistake I am going to laugh, and then I'm going to argue that you are a great Day 2 lynch.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2022, 09:26:22 pm »

Among the testers, much conversation ensues about relative attractiveness and who is friends with whom; all the while the elf civilisations in Dwarf Universe continue to expand and conquer.

The day will end 8th September 2022, 10AM BST, unless majority is voting for any player or No Lynch. Hammer at 5.

Vote Count
- Maximum Spin
- ToonyMan - FallacyofUrist [1]
- TricMagic
- KnightWing64
- NJW2000 - Hector13 [1]
- Jim Groovester
- FallacyofUrist - NJW2000, TricMagic, Maximum Spin [3]
- Hector13
- No Launch

Please put any votes and unvotes in bold and red, otherwise I won't count them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:20:14 pm by notquitethere »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1 - With Friends Like These Who Needs Quality Assurance
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2022, 09:52:49 pm »

Okay, I guess FoU did… something.

I’ve been following the thread but not keeping track if that makes sense, I had a tiring day, so… tomorrow I’ll post thoughts.

Also, I don’t have a double vote (that I’m aware of) so NQT needs to fix that vote count.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2022, 09:56:01 pm »

Ambiance

words
This post makes Hector very town to me if FoU is town. It's like Lidku defending Knightwing in Armed Forces.

Oh, I'm not certain about the mally thing, I made that pretty clear. I'm going after FoU because they look like scum.
At this point I'm starting to believe FoU is trying to get themselves lynched so that mafia isn't.

Ugggggh, FallacyofUrist. I blame you if we're wrong.
I would normally say it's pretty scummy to go "uuugh okay I'll vote this person", but I think you've done this before as town.

There is merit in the arguments against him (E.G., FoU has townread maybe two players and hasn't scumread anybody yet) but hector13 planted a seed of doubt in my mind and it's making me doubt that lynching FallacyofUrist catches scum here.

Somebody convince me.
It's harder for me to convince you when FoU is figuratively writing "KILL ME" on their forehead so far.

I think their vote on Max could have been convincing if they didn't drop it.

Spoiler: Unrelated (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester
Maximum Spin
What the fuck is this FoU? Why are you coloring people's names weird? This is 100% intentional and you're being a troll.

I appreciate the reads list otherwise.

You won't have a night action to confirm when you're dead.
Full
claim
FoU
Nah.
You're assuming I'll be dead, which I won't be. I have full confidence in my ability to get you executed. You have nothing.
I will full claim Day 2.
Toony is acting like he has a case, when in truth either he doesn't, or he's copying NJW's case without saying he's copying NJW's case and trying to look like he considers him a possible scum target without ever justifying that.
It is so shifty.
Bite me. I fully support NJW's case and agree with it more than anything you've said.

FoU, you're in a unique position as the only player with extreme heat this day. Nobody else has felt L-1 pressure and I've think you've failed spectacularly in every way. If you're town you're a failure as town. I'm not supporting a vote on me. I could reasonably support a vote for NJW. I could maybe even support a vote for Max or Hector, but I am in fact content with your vote currently because:

1. After NJW pointed it out, I don't like your first post.
2. I didn't like your responses to my questions afterwards.
3. I agree with NJW's case on you.

I believe you are correct that there is at least one scum inside Toony/Max/NJW if you are town. Please help me find them if you're town instead of closing yourself off to me like an idiot. Get it together.

Scenarios:

1. FoU is mally:

They probably are just trying to draw the lynch at this point and obfuscate as much as possible. This could be why they aren't claiming and are coloring people's names strangely even after being under scrutiny.
They shouldn't know who the mafia is normally so I think trying to learn the mafia off of them is probably pointless.
NJW is likely town as it's insanely ballsy to figure out who your mally is and then just out them.
Hector is probably town.
Tric is a third-party befriender.
I think anyone else could be mafia still.
If they out themselves I could try to convert them to town. I'm up to do that.

2. FoU is mafia:

They don't want to claim because it reveals their ability and they can't come up with a convincing lie.
NJW's case is weaker, their first post makes less sense as mafia but I still agree it's scummy.
NJW is town or insanely ballsy to out and bus their partner...yeah definitely town here.
Jim is probably town.
Knightwing is probably town.
Tric is third-party befriender.
Max or Hector is probably mafia here if the game continues.

3. FoU is town:

They aren't claiming because of some fundamental difference in opinion, frustrating.
Hector seems really town here.
Jim seems really town.
Knightwing is probably town.
Tric is still third-party befriender here.
Mafia are probably inside Max/NJW.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1 - With Friends Like These Who Needs Quality Assurance
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2022, 10:14:49 pm »

Then die. I will be voting you after I'm done posting tonight.

I want to be an amicable person. I don't want to miss anything. If you have no desire to cooperate on death's door then you have something to hide and are scum. Please understand this concept.
Until the very last minute, votes can change. I fully believe my fullclaim will not make any difference in who votes me and who doesn't vote me. I will not claim. It benefits scum more than it does town, in this circumstance, which will be demonstrably visible once I claim it Day 2.
Good luck then.

FallacyofUrist

I'm doubtful now that the conversion actually exists.
Hey, at least I claimed having one.

I wasn't going to claim having the psych right away, but I wanted to back up why I felt Tric was telling the truth. Does that sound like a natural thought process? Because it is. If you're still alive to respond to this post I want you to apologize for your behavior and fucking claim and cooperate instead of crossing your arms and going "hmpf, I've got my secrets" while ONE TRIGGER FINGER FROM DYING.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2022, 10:31:48 pm »

FallacyofUrist stubbornly voting ToonyMan instead of trying to go for a NJW2000 lynch that FoU might get is ?????????????????? and more or less convinces me that FoU isn't actually trying to survive the D1 lynch.

Tempted to hammer here but I'm playing Noita right now and I'm content to be passive about it for a little while.

Akshully I'll say it's an opportunity to see what hector13 says about FoU since he's been a vocal defender of FoU.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2022, 11:21:29 pm »

There may be some inklings of regret about that now. I’m not sure why FoU is going after Toony when his PoE includes a player (NJW) that other people have indicated they might vote for, and that I think I have a pretty good case on, and I’m his strongest townread. I mean, maybe the sheer ignorance of it all is a towntell? *clutches at straws*

My day has basically been that I was scumreading NJW, who was building a “case” on FoU, so I was reading FoU as town by association. Given my vociferous defense of FoU, I felt pretty confident NJW was scum. Now that FoU seems to be actively trying to get someone to hammer him, I’m a lot less confident in both those reads. I still think NJW is the more likely to be scum - I still think his case on FoU prior to FoU’s current musings is horrible - but… I don’t want to be in the hole FoU has dug for himself.

I’m now only pretty confident that FoU and NJW are not on the same team. As I say, my preference is to get rid of NJW, but I think either flip tells us a lot about the other player.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2022, 11:26:06 pm »

FallacyofUrist.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2022, 02:10:06 am »

Vote Count
- Maximum Spin
- ToonyMan - FallacyofUrist [1]
- TricMagic
- KnightWing64
- NJW2000 - Hector13 [1]
- Jim Groovester
- FallacyofUrist - NJW2000, TricMagic, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, JimGroovester [5]
- Hector13
- No Launch

The unprofessional behaviour came to a head when they cornered FallacyofUrist, an enigmatic bug hunter known for developing new testing tools, and collectively voted to ban him from the company. He left in disgrace, but on his account they found no evidence of any pro-elf sympathies.

FallacyOfUrist has been launched.

Spoiler: Orange Evolveist (click to show/hide)

Night One has begun. You have 24 hours to send your actions, until 9am BST If you don't want to act, please tell me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 03:10:27 am by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1
« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2022, 12:47:06 am »

TricMagic had always insisted he wasn't a team player so no one was surprised when his test account was frozen and his pay suspended. What was a surprise was discovering clear Dwarf Supremacy materials on his hard drive.

TricMagic has been killed.

Spoiler: Omega Townstruck (click to show/hide)

DAY TWO

Spoiler: Current Source Code (click to show/hide)

The day will end 11th September 2022, 7AM BST, unless majority is voting for any player or No Lynch. Hammer at 4.

Alive
- Maximum Spin
- ToonyMan
- KnightWing64
- NJW2000
- Jim Groovester
- Hector13
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26