Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Perfect Team  (Read 2478 times)

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Perfect Team
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 08:25:00 pm »

Personally, I think that there should be two options when you retire: "Retire as a peasant" and "Retire as a drunk".

"Drunkard" should also be a skill in Dwarf mode.

Keiden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 05:18:00 am »

Drunken Boxing FTW

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 09:52:00 am »

I prefer spears for myself. I'm just drawn to them. I mean, swords are sooo mainstream, man. Anyway, mostly due to NPCs' inability to pick things up, I prefer companions with axes, swords or bows. The last is extremely good right until they run out of ammo. Wrestlers are also superior in the aspect that they can never lose their weapon. Unless their hands are forcefully removed, by which time their lack of fighting prowess is overshadowed by excrutiating pain and blood loss.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 12:43:00 pm »

We need a "Drinking" skill. A legendary drinker would be able to drink a dwarven fortress out of alcohol without losing any coordination.  :D

By the way... does alcohol currently have any effect other than slaking thirst and satisfying dwarves?

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Nobody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 11:44:00 pm »

Cliche axes for me, comboed with throwing and wrestling... Any bowmen recieve the unpleasant surprise of about twenty pounds of steel in them, followed by a dwarf tackling them to the ground and tearing the aforementioned steel out of them.

Drink resistance maybe? I also definitely want to be able to play a sad dwarven alcoholic... Maybe, random automatically generated sub-objectives come up for beer? Not getting a drink could give you a penalty, but getting drinks will do liver damage.

A HREF="http://www.adventuresofbrian.org<BR>">www.adventuresofbrian.org
 My Personal Exercise in Futility

"oh, but the knobby ends can all bite in yours, so it''s like... more advanced tentacle demons where they have lil mouths."
-Toady One

Pages: 1 [2]