Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Counter Spell: Comebacks  (Read 896 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Counter Spell: Comebacks
« on: August 10, 2022, 03:28:41 pm »

I'll start:

"You got lifed, son."
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Counter Spell: Comebacks
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 04:38:10 pm »

My brother in Urist, could you do less spamming my guy? Minimalist games are fine and all, but instead of promoting activity in one or two threads you’re tossing out prompts with minimal interactivity. You’ll see more people rolling into your threads, and the threads getting more than five replies, if you try to roll with fewer ideas than blasting a shotgun into an open field and seeing if anything gets hit.

I assure you, having one or two successful threads is more fulfilling than two dozen that nobody participates in past day 1, and a few of us will appreciate not having our threads regularly bumped off the front page by empty threads.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 02:50:39 am »

But spamming threads is his superpower, if he doesn't do it he'll die!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 03:56:40 am »

My brother in Urist, I make a forum game thread every couple of weeks. Just to head off this line of questioning.
Reading a thinner book

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 06:34:55 am »

That is technically true, but you start about 2 threads a day. Why?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 06:59:17 am »

The only question was “could you do less spamming?”, which is more a polite request than a question, and certainly not a line of them.

But that’s just one line from my post, which I hope means you took the rest of what I said into consideration and not that you “heading off a line of questioning” actually means “actively ignoring advice to improve what I do”.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 10:16:54 am »

That is technically true, but you start about 2 threads a day. Why?

Ill.
The only question was “could you do less spamming?”, which is more a polite request than a question, and certainly not a line of them.

But that’s just one line from my post, which I hope means you took the rest of what I said into consideration and not that you “heading off a line of questioning” actually means “actively ignoring advice to improve what I do”.

I prefer a range of topics to carefully gardened whatever. Please don't trouble me over my word choice. People fucking engage with my posts, there was a fucking poll that I won, enough of the fucking forum schizophrenia. Leave me to be fucking sick and amused. Enough.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 10:33:51 am by Scoops Novel »
Reading a thinner book

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 11:22:04 am »

You heard it here first, folks.
The Scoops will continue until morale improves!

Shine on you crazy diamond
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 11:26:46 am »

Do what makes you happy my dude, but don’t get mad when someone tries to get you to do it better. Your threads barely have what most would define as “engagement”. They don’t even tend to get past four replies.

If you stopped projecting and, hell, interacted with your own games instead of throwing a new one out every few days, you might get more interaction with your games, and you’d probably feel even better if one of those games took off instead of burning away peoples patience with what is essentially a stream of “write a goofy sentence” topics.

Also, just a side note here, there’s plenty of people on this forum who deal with a wide variety of illnesses both physical and mental. It’s poor taste to fall back on that as an excuse.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 12:24:29 pm »

You can never make it clear enough that it's the wrong time for jokes and comments. Enough.
Reading a thinner book

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 12:32:15 pm »

there was a fucking poll that I won
you lost the poll 5 to 12.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 12:55:17 pm »

You can never make it clear enough that it's the wrong time for jokes and comments. Enough.
You should know by now that no thread here is immune from snark, shenanigans nor malarkey.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2022, 01:27:49 pm »

This is a genuine question: when and where are comments appropriate? As in, if people have suggestions as to how you might improve your games, how should they share them? Or are you literally saying that no criticism of any sort is allowed?
Long Live United Forenia!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 04:21:23 am »

But I was told that there is never a wrong time for a good joke.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 08:26:18 am »

This is a genuine question: when and where are comments appropriate?

I know people on this forum struggle with social skills, so I'm going to answer this question. When someone's raging over their illness, it should be pretty clear that your arguments aren't going to sink in.

Take my advice: do not use this forum as your social benchmark.
Reading a thinner book

Pages: [1] 2