Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Game Over Mafia Win!  (Read 17052 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (9/9) - HQ is organizing a new unit...
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2022, 08:17:50 pm »

What did you even ask me?

Maximum Spin

Have that for some scum hunting

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2022, 08:18:29 pm »

Right now I'm waiting for Max's response to my blood pact.
Oh yeah, sorry. Nah, I'm not feeling it at the moment. I think there are people who deserve shooting more than you. Also I'm not really a suicide pact kind of guy. I just don't have that self-sacrifice instinct; getting killed and winning is better than getting killed and losing, but it's still not as good as surviving and winning. Maybe you could offer a vote pact instead?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2022, 08:18:55 pm »

Oh, I also wanted to add, Lidku seems to be going hard OMGUSing anyone who voted Knightwing. It's honestly at that point where I start to doubt it could really be that obvious.
I don't understand why Lidku is hard defending Knightwing when Mr. Wing of the Knights can do it themselves.

PPE:

Maximum Spin

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooo

ooooooooo
*reaction gif meme*

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2022, 08:21:11 pm »

Maximum Spin

I liked it better in Demon Mafia where you guilt-tripped the hell out of us after being caught. You could at least put a little effort in.

Oh, I also wanted to add, Lidku seems to be going hard OMGUSing anyone who voted Knightwing. It's honestly at that point where I start to doubt it could really be that obvious.
I don't understand why Lidku is hard defending Knightwing when Mr. Wing of the Knights can do it themselves.
You should maybe check the scumchat of BeBYOR2 with me and Lidku. He's really, really reactive and I don't think he could help himself if they were scum together.
I honestly probably should've done a better job training him not to do that then but uhhh

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2022, 08:25:00 pm »

Oooooooooo

Max, you are about as rational as someone who believes in a Flying Spaghetti Monster. you use big words to confuse people who have one brain cell combined to do what you want.

Maximum Spin your way to death, please. You have to cause I asked nice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2022, 08:28:12 pm »

@Knightwing:
So I take it you believe Many Rotations is mafia and trying to mislynch you again? Can you convince me this is the case? I didn't fully read that game. This is the perfect chance to show your stuff.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2022, 08:30:31 pm »

@Knightwing:
So I take it you believe Many Rotations is mafia and trying to mislynch you again? Can you convince me this is the case? I didn't fully read that game. This is the perfect chance to show your stuff.
To be honest, I took advantage of the fact that he genuinely did look shadier than usual, which is why I'm still feeling leery this time: it's not impossible that his gameplay has genuinely just gotten worse and I'm reading too much into it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2022, 08:32:11 pm »

people who have one brain cell combined
(Also, not sure this is a good way to get ANYONE to stop voting you, lol)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2022, 08:33:47 pm »

Like NQT said initially, you going for Knightwing just seemed like low-hanging fruit and your justification for why was even more "specious" when you could have just voted for Lenglon who initially was even rp'ing just as much, and the one who started it.

Finally, I guess this is for Lidku too, but can you tell me why webadict's ... thing, I guess it's not strictly "roleplaying", but thing, is more likely to be town than Knightwing's? There is a reason. I want to see if you can see it.

Both of them have non-serious in their posting. webadict is marginally more "serious", but I still think he isn't posting anything meaningful. Even with Knightwing dropping the "RP", his posts are troll-like.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2022, 08:36:44 pm »

Like NQT said initially, you going for Knightwing just seemed like low-hanging fruit and your justification for why was even more "specious" when you could have just voted for Lenglon who initially was even rp'ing just as much, and the one who started it.
It's not about the RP, bro.

Finally, I guess this is for Lidku too, but can you tell me why webadict's ... thing, I guess it's not strictly "roleplaying", but thing, is more likely to be town than Knightwing's? There is a reason. I want to see if you can see it.

Both of them have non-serious in their posting. webadict is marginally more "serious", but I still think he isn't posting anything meaningful. Even with Knightwing dropping the "RP", his posts are troll-like.
Okay, that's not the right answer either.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2022, 08:39:13 pm »

(I might have COVID, and that means limited mental capacity and ability to function.  Still in the "Test Negative, but who knows?" stage. So, uh, double check the vote counts, ok? And if I disappear at End Of Day or Hammer, just shut up and I'll get to processing the turn when able.)

Feel better, friend.

Jim is disengaged

I am not disengaged! You will know when I'm disengaged when I say I am disengaged.

Jim
There are a lot of town resources in this game. 3.5 guaranteed kills if the town perfectly coordinates kills, along with lynches, which is absolutely ridiculous. In comparison the scum team can pull off two guaranteed kills before their one shots are out while the town still have their vests.
This is interesting, do you think it's worth co-ordinating town shots? I sort of assumed most players would shoot their shot on N1.

Coordinating town kills was the strategy I expected would organically arise out of playing this set up.

'hey, brother, this player is bothering me, want to shoot him with me'
'hell yeah, brother, let's do it'

I don't mind the RP posts, I've played games all in character myself. That said, I am finding Web a little bit hard to parse. I wouldn't be surprised though if he has some kind of posting restriction.

I understand where you're coming from but I find this a net improvement in comprehensibility over webadict's normally cryptic and evasive Day 1 posting style.

Still need to hear from NQT and Jim Groovester... heyoo Jim, still voting you.
Jim: I meant the last game we were together in, which I think was Roden's Demon Mafia. Anyway:

There are a lot of town resources in this game. 3.5 guaranteed kills if the town perfectly coordinates kills, along with lynches, which is absolutely ridiculous. In comparison the scum team can pull off two guaranteed kills before their one shots are out while the town still have their vests.
Uh... could you explain this for me? Specifically the part about the scum team? What are the assumptions there?

This was not worth voting me over to remind me to answer compared to just reminding me in bold for when I get around to posting.

So, everybody has a one shot kill and everybody has a one shot vest that protects them from one kill. The scum team also has a night kill. In order for the scum team to guarantee that their target dies during the night phase, the scum team will have to double up on kill actions in order to eliminate their target from the game. I.E., Scum 1 uses the night kill on X and Scum 2 uses the one shot kill on X to guarantee a kill. They could gamble that that their target has already used up their vest or that members of the town will also want to shoot their target but that's silly. They can do this guaranteed kill twice before they run out of one shots and can only rely on their night kill (barring role silliness I didn't know could be a possibility when I was typing up this answer originally).

Max hasn't told us if Knightwing is town or mafia yet, this is very odd.
The hell I haven't? Who am I voting for again?

Okay, maybe it went over your head. Knightwing has not posted a serious-sounding post yet this game. That's how I judge towniness of Knightwing. The roleplay provides a convenient excuse for covering up Knightwing's known tell, which is why I additionally suspect the one who kicked off the roleplay to have done it on purpose to protect him.
And notably, after doing so, I get voted by that very individual on shady, shaky grounds.

I might buy this if Lenglon didn't have a history of RPing in mafia games.

Followup question: Have you ever said "big brain theory"  on d1 and been right? I'm not trying to bring you down, nobody's ever right on d1 unless it's real easy, but come on. I've already had it out with webadict over this kind of thing, and it's hilarious how similar you two are.

whatisirony

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Never mind, not ironic.

I don't think it's shooting-worthy disengagement NJW, however I am working on the assumption that I die tonight and so I either shoot or my shot is lost forever. That being the case, it's the best shot I have at this time. If I didn't think that I die tonight, then I wouldn't shoot at all at this time.

If you're going to shoot somebody then you should find somebody to shoot somebody with. That way it guarantees removal of your target from the game.

If you don't coordinate ahead of time you're scum since you're just going through the motions of vigging and not actually trying to solve the game by guaranteeing a kill.

So you'd prefer I die without shooting instead of taking a bad shot? I can work with that but would like confirmation.

You didn't ask me but yes.

Get somebody to buy into your plan to shoot a target or don't shoot at all.

As a matter-of-fact, when Jim asked Toony why he voted for webadict, he just ignored Jim..

I was not that bothered by ToonyMan ignoring me since I said I would ask him for a reason later and not right then and there. ToonyMan eventually provided the reason on his own without me having to ask for it anyway.

I'm going to leash a vote on webadict for now. He isn't acting like himself and his grammar is really bad on purpose. Something isn't right with him. He's either being a troll!Town or a Mafia trying to tone his posts as a troll!Town.
I'm going to keep my vote on webadict for now, just because I just don't find his post-style really worth bringing over to D2 (though I don't even know/doubt anyone is going to vote along with me). Toony is someone next in line I find suspicious right now.

These are not good reasons to vote webadict.

Do you earnestly believe that these reasons make webadict scum? If you do I'm not sure I can believe you.

Sticking your neck out and boldly making claims about other players might make me read you as town if I thought the claims themselves held any amount of water.

Still need to hear from NQT and Jim Groovester... heyoo Jim, still voting you.

I don't think Jim is going to post today. He might be busy with IRL things.

Though, this makes me wonder if Lenglon is going to switch from shooting me N1, to shooting Jim N1 for "disengagement". Is the arrangement only a special order for me only? Or does it not discern?

Yep, not going to bother posting today.

See you on Day 2.

Being voted for liking RP,

👁👄👁

I think max doesn’t realize that people can change. Why would I act the exact same every game? That makes no sense, of course I’m going to be different every time. The last time you said I was mafia, I was town anyways. Your reasoning is flawed and unreliable.

Alright, I'll bite. How have you changed this game????????????

I’m… not scum? I mean, you can vote me, I guess. I’m kinda used to it at this point.

What happened to don’t shoot the medic?

Whatever, you will all be sorry when I bring my medkits to the grave with me muhahahaha

Apparently I completely missed that there are more abilities than just the one shot kills and one shot protects.

I honestly don't care about whatever doctor abilities you have. I think the abilities we know about i.e. the one shot kills everybody has are sufficient to solve the game without knowing any other parts of the setup so you can't convince me that your role is too valuable to not lynch.

I have no clue what you just said, I’m gonna be honest
no problem i fix

nightwing you say medic but tone say dont care and that bad guy say so why WE no red name YOU?

Well, the game literally just started, so I’m not that attached, I mean, I would prefer not to get voted. But what can you do?

Have you tried playing instead of consistently bemoaning why people find you suspicious?

notquitethere - lean town
webadict - lean town
ToonyMan - weak town because he's doing normal town things but my gut says he's faking but I have nothing specific to point to for my unease
Maximum Spin - I feel like this is probably town Maximum Spin
Lenglon - lean town
NJW2000 - lean a tick townier than null
Lidku - lean wtf is he doing
Knightwing64 - lean Knightwing64 is frustrated at playing mafia

I don't have town reads on Lidku or Knightwing64. Everybody else I feel pretty okay about it. If I ask myself does Lidku/Knightwing64 solve the game I can't answer yes but I also can't answer no either, which isn't that bad for me on Day 1.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2022, 08:46:01 pm »

I forgot to post Metal Gear music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sIoRLm_9OY
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2022, 08:51:28 pm »

I feel like this is obvious at this point, but just to be totally clear, I never felt particularly strongly that Lenglon was suspicious for RPing, which is why I voted Knightwing, the one I was much more confident about, in that post. I mostly just called Lenglon out because I really don't like RPing and I want everyone to quit having fun because fun is a filthy parasite. I considered it a possibility that the RPing was a deliberate cover, but it was only a low-level suspicion and, at this point, I'd say it's become very much a minority concern for me.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2022, 09:04:39 pm »

Okay, that's not the right answer either.

So can you say what you want me to infer and not beat around the bush? And my response to your comment wasn't really an answer on why you think webadict is more Town than Knightwing. It just me flatly saying both have non-serious and Knightwing acting troll-like.

And if you're not going to tell why, just don't bring it up again (shrug).

Quote from: Jim Groovester
These are not good reasons to vote webadict.

ToonyMan had the same reasons for voting for webadict (him acting strange and his posting-style), but switched it to Knigthwing. Generally, I find the coordinated initial vote to Knightwing really suspicious. Especially on the fact that webadict flip-flopped from voting Maximum Spin to voting Knightwing in a span of literal minutes of NJW asking for clarification from webadict.. literally the right post after.

although maybe i will also red knightwing because maybe max is right but he still wont let me go with

maximum spin is being mean to knightwing and he has a metal so i no hes a good guy otherwise i will be mad
...Are you saying Max is wrong about Knightwing's performance this game vs his scum meta?
maybe maybe not it really depend because sometimes knightwing do this you no?

That flip-flop alone I find really suspicious and webadict's "barbarian-posting" isn't really helping with my current opinion.

Which is why I'm keeping my current reads. It could be a web-max team or a web-toon team.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2022, 09:10:27 pm »

webadict - lean town
what the

why???

What's even the point of RPing a stupid barbarian if I get Townread by everyone for doing it, what the french fucking toast?!?

Well, everyone except Lidku, but, uh, I'm on Max's side here.

Anyway, I can't handle it anymore so I'll stop.

Max, something I'd like to point out is that Knightwing took a little bit of what we said last time he was scum and applied it here: He tried to play it a bit cool by ignoring us a bit. It's a bit circumstantial, but combined with his normal tendency to not comment on the gamestate, I've got odds on scum!Knightwing at about 90-95%, so I'm in if you are. I'm not even in favor of shooting you if you're wrong.

I think your idea on Lidku is pretty sound as well. I think he was given the ammunition to build a case on me that could work decently, but I think he's missing that extra oomph, and that's leaves him with a lackluster case.

@Lidku: I'd like to point out that flip-flopping is actually more of a Towntell than a scumtell, but the best indicator for any scum action is reasoning. What was my reasoning for flipping from Max to Knightwing? Calling it a flip-flop is, well, a bit overstatement, but the reasoning behind the flip-flop was solid, and it's why I think Toony and Max are Town. Going after me for the RP as obfuscation is a good plan, honestly, and it makes sense, but that's only said in a vacuum, and it becomes a little less viable in practice. There's nuance to everything!

Basically, if you wanna shoot me Tonight, that's fine. It haaaaappens. Guns go off for, like, literally no reason.

Also, it's in not a Max/Toony/Web team. I'm pretty sure all three of those are Town.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22