Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Game Over Mafia Win!  (Read 17100 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (9/9) - HQ is organizing a new unit...
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2022, 07:10:18 pm »

Pfp
Not 100% on Max, and KW is setting off some alarm bells with his claim but...

Toony, work me through your logic on shooting people if such and such a person flips. As it looks like what you're doing is win-win for a scum player. Like, "X has flipped town, so of course I shot Y as that's what I said I would do... too bad they're also town".

What's the rationale here?

--

I don't mind the RP posts, I've played games all in character myself. That said, I am finding Web a little bit hard to parse. I wouldn't be surprised though if he has some kind of posting restriction.

Web, what is metal?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2022, 07:15:22 pm »

Web's comprehensible, but it's only intuitive if you can kind of guess what the arguments will be. A bit unfair on newer players really. It's probably completely lucid ludicity for Toony, the two of them are like a married couple, always finishing each other's...

Ok, can't do a long readslist because there's information missing that I'm going to depend on for the vote, but a brief snapshot of where I am:
 - I think Lenglon is probably town, I won't explain why right now.
 - I think Lidku might actually be town. Their reactions seem genuine, and I don't see them launching a worthless single-line push against Web then coming in with all this effort as scum, they have better mafia instinct than that. It looked organic.
 - I'm not sure about Knightwing, but so far this isn't obviously Town!Knightwing or Scum!Knightwing to me. The RP really gave them something to hide behind. I don't think they'd fakeclaim doctor without being coached though, and the timing is very odd for a coached fakeclaim, so if it's a fakeclaim there must have been a miscommunication. Something to think about.

Can't tell/not finished with Web and Toony, or the other few players.

Still need to hear from NQT and Jim Groovester... heyoo Jim, still voting you.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2022, 07:25:14 pm »

Pfp
Not 100% on Max, and KW is setting off some alarm bells with his claim but...

Toony, work me through your logic on shooting people if such and such a person flips. As it looks like what you're doing is win-win for a scum player. Like, "X has flipped town, so of course I shot Y as that's what I said I would do... too bad they're also town".

--

I don't mind the RP posts, I've played games all in character myself. That said, I am finding Web a little bit hard to parse. I wouldn't be surprised though if he has some kind of posting restriction.

Web, what is metal?
metal is big badge knightwing earn in battle

can stop rp when someone say stop but noone say stop so cant stop wont stop

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2022, 07:28:50 pm »

KW is setting off some alarm bells with his claim but...

If Knightwing really is Town and a Medic, him revealing this early was a real bad move.

But if he's actually Mafia, it could be some detraction to get votes off of him.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2022, 07:36:02 pm »

KW is setting off some alarm bells with his claim but...
If Knightwing really is Town and a Medic, him revealing this early was a real bad move.

I blame Toony. Besides, I think I could… wait lemme check

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2022, 07:40:07 pm »

Still need to hear from NQT and Jim Groovester... heyoo Jim, still voting you.

I don't think Jim is going to post today. He might be busy with IRL things.

Though, this makes me wonder if Lenglon is going to switch from shooting me N1, to shooting Jim N1 for "disengagement". Is the arrangement only a special order for me only? Or does it not discern?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2022, 07:46:50 pm »

I blame Toony.

Why Toony? It was Max who started the vote on you for "rp'ing", but ignored Lenglon who started that trend (and I don't mean to pounce on Lenglon deliberately by any means, just stating facts and trying to rationalize Max's logic).

webadict flip-flopped and his posting-style isn't really meaningful to me at the moment. First he went for Max, for voting you, then went for you.. his reasoning? I still don't really understand since he's "barbarian-posting" now.

Toony, when I asked, ignored my question on why he voted for you.

My current D1 read:

Max: Really suspicious on his reasoning logic for voting Knight, but no Lenglon.

webadict: My go-to Day 1 vote for just general strange and suspicious behavior.

Toony: I think he might be either on a team with webadict or Maximum. I'm leading toward a "web-toon" team right now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2022, 07:48:40 pm »

Lenglon: What's your read on me now, now that I'm more "engaged"? Do you still think it's worth to use a 1-shot bullet on me on N1, irregardless of the circumstances?
I think you have a weak grounding in theory and should look up how abilities work, but you don't seem scummy at the moment. I'm considering not shooting tonight because I'm not happy with any targets other than Knightwing, who I would be voting but I don't want him at H-1, and who I am currently assuming will be today's lynch barring sudden weirdness.
I don't think Jim is going to post today. He might be busy with IRL things.

Though, this makes me wonder if Lenglon is going to switch from shooting me N1, to shooting Jim N1 for "disengagement". Is the arrangement only a special order for me only? Or does it not discern?
Different tells are of different value for different people. Disengagement from you Lidku is scummier than the exact same level of disengagement from Jim is. Just like piss-poor analysis is much scummier from Jim than it is from you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2022, 07:59:15 pm »

Delightful

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2022, 08:03:33 pm »

Different tells are of different value for different people. Disengagement from you Lidku is scummier than the exact same level of disengagement from Jim is. Just like piss-poor analysis is much scummier from Jim than it is from you.

So a wishy-washy "special order arrangement" type of line of decisioneering, got it. Could have said that, instead your fruitful comment at the end there. And that's confident assumption of you to think Knightwing might be the D1 lynch here, considering every voter against him right now either has poor reasoning or a suspicious reasoning to do so. If he isn't lynched D1, will you shoot him?

And while we're at right, you said you're reasoning for finding Knightwing suspicious was that "he was active lurking"? I assume what you mean by this, was that you checked his profile and saw he was online, but he wasn't posting?

Well Jim is doing the same exact thing now, only he has the lowest activity out of everyone right now. Can you explain finding Knigtwing suspicious for "active lurking", but not Jim, who is doing so now?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2022, 08:05:13 pm »

Oh, I didn't notice that you can also just check the bottom of the homepage of who's active now as well.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2022, 08:07:58 pm »

So a wishy-washy "special order arrangement" type of line of decisioneering, got it. Could have said that, instead your fruitful comment at the end there. And that's confident assumption of you to think Knightwing might be the D1 lynch here, considering every voter against him right now either has poor reasoning or a suspicious reasoning to do so. If he isn't lynched D1, will you shoot him?
The reasons he's being voted for are actually pretty solid. And yes, if Knightwing isn't today's lynch I will be shooting him tonight without the slightest regret unless something changes.
And while we're at right, you said you're reasoning for finding Knightwing suspicious was that "he was active lurking"? I assume what you mean by this, was that you checked his profile and saw he was online, but he wasn't posting?

Well Jim is doing the same exact thing now, only he has the lowest activity out of everyone right now. Can you explain finding Knigtwing suspicious for "active lurking", but not Jim, who is doing so now?
Active lurking is when you are actively making posts and comments in the mafia thread but they don't have anything to do with scumhunting. for example:
Delightful
This is active lurking.
You don't need to have every post be scumhunting, don't even need a majority of your posts to be scumhunting. But if you don't have any actual scumhunting posts within a reasonable timeframe, I usually go with 24 hours, but are actively participating in the mafia thread, then you should be lynched for it. That is what I'm seeing from Knightwing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2022, 08:12:56 pm »

Lidku, you just really sound a lot like you did when we were scum together, and even like how you did when you were sort of scum in my game... sort of rigid and academic, bordering on stentorian. Like you're giving a lecture. Then again, I do not have enough information to rule out the possibility that you are always like that. Your reasoning has been pretty specious too though, which is not encouraging. That said, you are far from the only person who strikes me as making bad arguments.

Knightwing has done nothing to change my opinion in any way, which is really kind of disappointing. I was certainly acting on thin speculation at the beginning, but every additional post has been confirmatory. I'm sorry if you don't see it, Lidku, but I promise, it's completely rational.

Finally, I guess this is for Lidku too, but can you tell me why webadict's ... thing, I guess it's not strictly "roleplaying", but thing, is more likely to be town than Knightwing's? There is a reason. I want to see if you can see it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2022, 08:14:26 pm »

Oh, I also wanted to add, Lidku seems to be going hard OMGUSing anyone who voted Knightwing. It's honestly at that point where I start to doubt it could really be that obvious.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2022, 08:15:30 pm »

Lenglon is so town, shit, they're the most town player in the room right now.

@NQT:

I shoot people based on flip, simple to understand. What's the problem?

Take the last game I was in, for example, Knightwing flipped mafia so I shot at Jim with my Dracostrike, why? Because Jim was the most suspicious person if Knightwing flipped mafia. Jim was mafia in that game.

Right now I'm waiting for Max's response to my blood pact.

@Lidku:
Toony, when I asked, ignored my question on why he voted for you.
Maybe Knightwing can answer me and not ignore me.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22