Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Game Over Mafia Win!  (Read 17035 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (9/9) - HQ is organizing a new unit...
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2022, 07:56:37 am »

Do you think it's an actual scumtell or are you going after an easy target?
Asked and answered.
You're serious then?

I feel a reason Web might be town is because they swapped from you to Knightwing earlier just now. I think Web is unsure about Knightwing and wants to squeeze him to get more information, which is something I can approve of.

I don't have that sense of genuineness from you, does that make sense?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2022, 08:00:48 am »

toony is too smart for me but thats how toony is so maybe toony is town toony which is good but is it the shady town toony where he secretely is MAFA?!

we will never no

i just rol a die and let that decide oh look its heads so toony is town

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2022, 08:55:06 am »

unvote: It seems we are leaving RVS early.

Toony, I am cunning enough to tell Knightwing that but I don't have a good enough read of Knightwing's meta to think it's necessary. I'd instead be talking fundamentals and asking him to emulate his town self.

I do agree with the assertion that KW hasn't participated yet, as hinted when I accused him of having no plan. I am not convinced this is a scumtell from him based on his play in BBYOR2.

NJW, as is par for the course apparently, irritates me but not in a 'is scum' way, just in a 'I dislike your arguments' way. And this particular time I can't really say they're wrong, which annoys me further.

Max doesn't seem passive and sideline-snipe-ish this game, unlike my past experience. Since my past experience was with Scum!Max, this is a good sign.

Toony and Web are both using clean logic I can follow fairly easily, though Web is obfuscating for whatever reason.

NQT feels town to me because is being independant while active questioning.

Jim's null atm.

Lidku seems mildly suspicious to me for not taking into account people's vests but it still could easily be a simple oversight.

Leaving my vote floating, am busy and don't want hammer shenanigans, Emotion says most sus is Jim and I don't have a good reason why. Logic says best vote is Knightwing / Lidku.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2022, 11:09:41 am »

Thanks for dropping rp. I’m reassured by the way you did it, but I don’t want to explain why just yet because my reasoning bears on other players in a way that isn’t settled.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2022, 11:20:52 am »

sarge said do it dont quit or maybe that was shiloh buff i dont rely remember but what i do remember is that we can always red nightwing

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2022, 11:33:48 am »

Thanks for dropping rp. I’m reassured by the way you did it, but I don’t want to explain why just yet because my reasoning bears on other players in a way that isn’t settled.
I'm only dropping it temporarily because I saw it being exploited to hide. I'll be bringing it back later when I think it won't be a problem.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2022, 01:51:20 pm »

Being voted for liking RP,

👁👄👁

I think max doesn’t realize that people can change. Why would I act the exact same every game? That makes no sense, of course I’m going to be different every time. The last time you said I was mafia, I was town anyways. Your reasoning is flawed and unreliable.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2022, 01:58:47 pm »

ya ok i think knightwing took that metal from someone hes being reeeeeally suspishus

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2022, 01:59:48 pm »

nightwing who is the bad guy here if it is not you becasue we think it is you and that is not what a good guy wood say

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2022, 03:00:51 pm »

Twenty Clicks to the Target!

(2) Knightwing64: Maximum Spin, webadict
(0) Jim Groovester:
(0) notquitethere:
(1) Maximum Spin: notquitethere
(1) webadict: ToonyMan
(0) Lidku:
(0) NJW2000:
(0) ToonyMan:
(0) Lenglon:

Not voting: Knightwing64, Jim Groovester, Lidku, NJW2000, Lenglon

Five (5) to Hammer
Day ends August 24th at 0600 Hours EST (approximately 38 hours 5 minutes)
General E.K. Jack is experiencing some possible difficulties, so please be patient with High Command!
(I might have COVID, and that means limited mental capacity and ability to function.  Still in the "Test Negative, but who knows?" stage. So, uh, double check the vote counts, ok? And if I disappear at End Of Day or Hammer, just shut up and I'll get to processing the turn when able.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2022, 03:02:35 pm »

Knightwing

I'll shoot at Max tonight if Knightwing is town.

I'll shoot at...Lenglon if Knightwing is mafia? Max says people can't be right on Day 1 though...

Maybe I shoot Lidku regardless of Knightwing's alignment, they should be okay with that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2022, 03:09:42 pm »

Being voted for liking RP,
You aren't being voted for liking RP. or at least I'm not suspicious of you for that and I don't think anyone else actually is either. You're being voted for active-lurking.
I think max doesn’t realize that people can change. Why would I act the exact same every game? That makes no sense, of course I’m going to be different every time. The last time you said I was mafia, I was town anyways. Your reasoning is flawed and unreliable.
So the problem with your example of Max being wrong is that in the game you're referencing, Max was scum. What that implies is that Max wasn't actually wrong, Max was simply getting a townie lynched. So from the perspective of someone that trusts Max's reads of you, this is a thunderdome-type situation, where one or the other of you is scum, but not both. So it's a lynch KN and if town lynch Max kind of deal. You can even see this logic in Toony's post just above this one.

IMO, I still don't trust reads people make with so little data, and don't trust Max's Knightwing-o-meter, but I am willing to vote you out simply for the active lurking if you don't quit it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2022, 03:11:36 pm »

Because I don't want to answer any questions about turn resolution, I've updated the Opening Post with Night Action Turn Resolution Order
For the lazy...
Night Action Resolution Order:
 Copy
 Hide
 Bus Drive
 Block
 Redirect
 Protect
 Miscellaneous
 Kill
 Recruit
 Inspect

It's based on this and that

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2022, 03:24:04 pm »

NQT, you asked me earlier what I thought of the overall situation as a whole, and I told you that I'd give you feedback later. Later's now. I think we're looking at a highly volatile game, and one that is far less based on finding and confirming town than it is about finding scum directly.
I am happy about certain things that I'm NOT seeing today, and I'm going to avoid bringing them up specifically to avoid making them happen. If I'm alive tomorrow I might talk about them then. might not even then.
I think that toony organizing for me to be shot overnight in the case of Knightwing being scum is fine, it'll make sure we don't waste time with me tomorrow and I understand why I have drawn some suspicion, and understand how others don't feel like they can get a good snap-read of me yet since it's been years since I was last scum so they have no comparison between Scum!Lenglon and Town!Lenglon. I'll make sure to take my shot tonight so that mine won't be wasted. My current target is likely to be Lidku regardless of Knightwing's flip, simply for disengagement. I'll maintain updates on my intent if I change my mind for as long as I am a likely overnight shot target.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2022, 03:28:31 pm »

i do not think it lidku that is a bad shot on good guy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22