Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Game Over Mafia Win!  (Read 17008 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (9/9) - HQ is organizing a new unit...
« Reply #255 on: August 23, 2022, 08:27:27 pm »

It’s true lol, I sense a distinct lack of asshole energy from you, so I guess that kinda made me think better of you, I guess.
That doesn't make me Town, though.
If anything, asshole!Webadict is a towntell.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2022, 08:31:03 pm »

It’s true lol, I sense a distinct lack of asshole energy from you, so I guess that kinda made me think better of you, I guess.

And the contrary to webadict not acting like an asshole, is a scumtell?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2022, 08:33:45 pm »

And the contrary to webadict not acting like an asshole, is a scumtell?
You could say that. If you think that I don't wildly change my meta each game so that no one can tell anything about any of my alignments.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2022, 11:00:02 pm »

NJW: now that you've had a chance to threaten Jim with exactly what you were proposing he's actively avoiding, what's your thoughts about him and his reaction to this situation?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2022, 11:00:42 pm »

figured enough time has passed (and end of day is coming up) that if you were going to get anything more than this, it'd have happened by now.

Do you still want Jim shot?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2022, 11:01:43 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n8m4j7MKAs

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lmao

Look, I've been wrong about this before in the past, I'm so borderline here. Someone give me a sanity check. Wuba, Jim, Anyone Else is the emotional blackmail scum!KW, or just lazy town!KW?

I've got mixed thoughts. Knightwing64's emotional appeals looked much closer between Demon Mafia and Beginner BYOR 3 than they do Demon Mafia and this game. In this game Knightwing64 seems disinterested compared to panicked and distraught.

Until everybody dragged it out of him he wasn't providing any thoughts about the game, which is probably more relevant for the read than the attempts or lack thereof of emotional manipulation.

If I had to say whether I thought Knightwing64 was more likely to be town than scum I'd probably have to say scum.

tl;dr Jim is acting like he really doesn't want to get shot

The NERVE

Jim has been acting unusual, not as aggressive, I guess? Maybe I’m being fooled but Lidku has a point about Jim not being a asshole this game, which is very strange and weird for him

This really doesn't come across as authentic to me since it sheeps a read exactly one player has and it's not even a particularly good read either.

I doubt Knightwing is town considering I feel like I'm in Demon Mafia again agreeing with Max and Web about everything.

The difference is that I don't think Jim is with Knightwing this time. Lidku could be fighting hard to keep KW alive unlike Jim's more hands back approach. I think I always shoot Lidku here if KW is mafia.

If Knightwing is town? Then I think I still believe in Webadict...but I feel worse about Max. I also like Lidku more than NJW.

Agreeing with large parts of this.

If it's Knightwing64 I think Lidku makes decent sense as his partner. If it's not Knightwing64 then Lidku is highly likely to be town. Roughly on the same page about where to look if it's not Knightwing64.

So anyways Knightwing64 is where I'm at for today.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2022, 11:02:28 pm »

lol @ timing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2022, 11:36:41 pm »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2022, 01:45:54 am »

Enemy Asset DESTROYED! Return to Base!

(3) Knightwing64: Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, notquitethere
(1) Jim Groovester: NJW2000
(0) notquitethere:
(1) Maximum Spin: Knightwing64
(1) webadict: Lidku
(0) Lidku:
(0) NJW2000:
(0) ToonyMan:
(0) Lenglon:

Not voting: Jim Groovester, Lenglon, webadict

Five (5) to Hammer
Day ends August 24th at 0600 Hours EST.  Approximately 3 hours 15 minutes from now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2022, 01:51:19 am »

Five (5) to Hammer
Day ends August 24th at 0600 Hours EST.  Approximately 3 hours 15 minutes from now.

Oh.

(3) Knightwing64: Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, notquitethere

. . .

Five (5) to Hammer

Okay.

Knightwing64.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2022, 04:19:44 am »

Just woke up… I still want Jim, yes. Once I point out the tell, he’s strong enough to account for it in his play, so while he looks better, it’s not enough. In demon mafia, he largely stopped trying to power wolf after I pointed out he was doing it. Sorry this is basic, still rubbing sleep out my eyes

I will reread the thread to check I’m not missing something obvious, but failing a huge realisation, yeah, I want Jim.

What about you, Lenglon? Would be happy to hammer KW but would ideally like a reply to this.
One wheel short of a wagon

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2022, 04:37:30 am »

….

Are you serious?

Fucking hell, why do I keep being voted out d1

It’s legitimately annoying at this point 😭

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2022, 04:38:59 am »

I’m not even attempting to guilt trip anyone, I’m actually just pissed off

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2022, 05:01:32 am »

End of Day
Everyone stop talking!
Write-up soonish

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (9/9) - Night 1 - Murder under Moonlight
« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2022, 06:43:15 am »

So you think Knightwing64 is part of the Mafia? We'll check it out...

After the mission, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, notquitethere, and Jim Groovester suggest to HQ that Knightwing64 is Mafia.

A through investigation reveals the following:
Quote from: Armed Forces Mafia - Town Medic
Role: Medic
Alignment: Town
Ability: Do No Harm - You do NOT get a gun
1-shot bulletproof vest (auto-self) - Prevent one kill during the game.
3-shot medkit - Prevent one kill during the night phase, usable three times, no limit on number that can be used per night.

Knightwing64 was TOWN

Ok soldiers, get some sleep before the next mission.

Everyone keeps their service weapon ready for the Night Phase.
Since you all have Night Actions available, I would appreciate a PM from everyone.  If I receive everyone's PM early, I might be able to process the turn early. If I receive no PM  before the End of Night, I'll assume you do NOT want to act.

It is Night 1. Night ends at 0745 Hours August 25th, 2022.  Approximately 24 Hours from now.  Please refrain from posting in thread until you get an announcement that it is Day.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22