Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Lich King: Stone and Bone (SG)  (Read 9858 times)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lich King: Beginnings (SG)
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2022, 09:22:08 am »

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT!
IS OUR HEROIC LICH:

COLD FLESH AND NO BLOOD While skin is cold and pale, can pass as “normal” from a distance. 

ALL BONE BABY
Hmn...
Considering his origin, I suspect he’s kind of locked at exactly how he was upon discovering the Truth, so I suggest “all the stuff is there, but there’s no heartbeat, the blood won’t flow if you cut him, the muscles more distort than actually expand and contract, etc.”
+1

CD

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2022, 06:44:20 pm »

Turn One Year 1433 of the Aenian Calendar: Month 1

Well every Lich King has to start somewhere. You have your rundown tower, a mysterious lake with an underwater temple at the bottom holding something ancient and nasty, and an obligation to provide worker skeletons to the village of  Sander’s Vale at some point.

Spoiler: Tower Status (click to show/hide)

You have Actions equal to your Influence, which is currently 2, and then 1 Adventure Action, which you can use to go on quests or pursue your own goals. You can also hire advisors who can take additional actions per their category.

Cult: Well its not so much dead, as it hasn’t really started yet.

-No Cult leader

-Got To Start Somewhere: Spend some time thinking and writing down what you want your cult to be. Maybe you just want an easy going cult that is very chill and all about personal development, or maybe you want something a little more demanding, make them really earn their place by your side! Either way its better to start now. 1 Action

Diplomacy: Ehh maybe its okay no one knows about you yet

-No Councilor

- Send a letter to the Necromancer’s Guild: Well, you have to announce and register yourself eventually. They are not huge fans of Liches, but you may get some interest from them. 1 Action

-Introduce Yourself: Go around introducing yourself to the neighboring villages! Get the lay of the land and see what is happening in your neck of the wood.1 Action

Military: Your tireless legions of undead need to start somewhere!

-No General

-Raise Skeleton Regiment: They aren’t much, just moldy skeletons dredged from the lake and armed with whatever junk you had lying around. But they will have to do! Raise 1,000 skeletons to start your military! 1 Action, 1 Dominion/Influence

-Raise Skeleton Army: Begin your horde! It might take awhile to gather all the corpses, but you can already raise a concerning amount of skeletons! They may be as capable as an average peasant, but quantity is a quality all of its own. Raise up to 100,000 skeletons, will raise more as you acquire more. 1 Action, 2 Dominion/Influence

-Raise Elite Skeleton Guard: Sometime you actually do need quality. Raise and equip an honor guard of Skeleton warriors, garbed in the finest funerary gear of a dozen cultures. 1000 elite warrior undead. 1 Action, 2 Dominion/Influence

Economy: The sinews of war is coin, which is good because your skeletons lack the regular kind

-No steward

-And They Call it a Mine: Using your Underworld gifts, locate and build a mine nearby. Will attract economic interest. Staff will primarily be undead laborers you scrounge up, but eventually humans can come and work as overseers. Lich King’s choice on what it is mining. 1 Action, 1 Dominion/Influence (will need to keep maintaining influence lest the mine dry up.)

-The Lich King’s Road: Begin building a safe trade route to your tower. Patrolled by your military and occasionally you, this will make coming your Tower much easier. 1 Action, 1 Dominion/Influence

Defenses/Construction: Well hopefully we will have some laborers to help build these. Your back isn't made for work like this.

-Build a Wall:Just a simple wall around your tower. 1 Action.

-Expand your Tower: Add another story per level. 1 Action.

-Improve Defenses of your Phylactry. Use your cunning and powers to hide it far underground, surronded by devious traps and defenses you can muster. 1 Action/ 1 Dominion/Influence

Special/Quests:

-Adventure! Track down the Firebrand Friar Gerus and return village priestess’s niece to her home. 1 Adventure Action

-Laboring Bones: Provide the village of Sander’s Vale with laboring skeletons to work their fields, and in return retrain the farmers into differently skilled laborers. They will probably be willing to wait for a few months before expecting any progress though. 1 Action, (1 Dominion/Influence if you need to recruit skeletons for the work)

-Recruit an Advisor! Track down a candidate and recruit them to your cause. Candidates will probably pop up in the course of your adventures, but you can speed the process along if you like. 1 Adventure Action.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 06:47:50 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2022, 07:08:39 pm »

Plan Easing In and Fulfilling Promises
-Introduce Yourself
-Laboring Bones
-Adventure!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2022, 08:15:05 pm »

-Introduce Yourself
-Laboring Bones
-Adventure!
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2022, 08:17:06 pm »

-Introduce Yourself
-Laboring Bones
-Adventure!
I don't think we get two adventures in a turn, but if we can use a regular action for adventures this seems like a good plan.

I suggest if we can't do both we swap Laboring Bones for Got To Start Somewhere

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2022, 08:52:29 pm »

-Introduce Yourself
-Laboring Bones
-Adventure!
I don't think we get two adventures in a turn, but if we can use a regular action for adventures this seems like a good plan.

I suggest if we can't do both we swap Laboring Bones for Got To Start Somewhere

Good question! No issues with this plan, Laboring Bones is a regular action as well. You already did the groundwork setting it up, so it’s fairly simple to pop over there and raise the skeletons and task them.

But correct in that you get one adventure action a turn.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2022, 09:46:25 pm »

-Introduce Yourself
-Laboring Bones
-Adventure!
+1
+1

Seems reasonable enough, we can get into the four-paragraph-long hideously overwrought and overcomplicated suggestions for simple tasks later :P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2022, 12:54:16 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2022, 09:12:09 am »

Swap Introduce Yourself for an Elite Guard. Might want to keep a lower profile until we can start to amass defenses, and having muscle for the adventure will be for the best. An option in between diplomacy and instagibbing the guy with Dread Lord.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2022, 04:24:39 pm »

You stare at the slowly pulsing geode, light blooming deep within its depths.The shadows in the room grow darker, more oppressive as you leave the lid of the chest open.

Good, everything appears in order. You shut the lid and re-lock the chest. You have work to do.

Introduce Yourself

You travel around to nearby villages to introduce yourself as a new friendly neighborhood lich king. As expected, some take an immortal corpse lord showing up on their doorstep better than others, but most are relieved that you are not homicidal. While you politely decline their dinner invitations, they do inform you of some of their problems and concerns.

You live in the region of Dunhollow a rather rough region that extends into the mountains. It was apart of the Kingdom of Leahorn, but Leahorn was recently subjugated by the Aenian Empire . This has made many people mad, and now rebels are sprouting up and causing trouble. Dunhollow has attracted minimal interest from the Empire so far, but rebellious lords are beginning to build strongholds in the area.

They are also extorting additional taxes from these villages and in general making life more difficult. These villages have no love for the Aenian’s, but sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between true rebels and bandits.

The villages also collaborate the story of Friar Gerus. He likes to make a circuit of the villages before heading to a nearby town to make a spectacle of punishing the wicked. In this case he is going to the nearby town of Tarrow, which is actually downstream of your lake, as it happens.

The head of the villages do tend to express interest in your labor saving undead program, but are wanting to wait and see how things go at Sander’s Vale.

Positive Relations developed with neighboring villages

The Friar

It doesn't take long to travel to the town of Tarrow, sprawling out from a bend in the river, smoke rising from hundreds of homes. You can also see the Friar’s encampment nestled against the town palisade.

Judging by the tents, it looks like the good friar travels with 30-40 hanger-ons, and judging by the filled cage about 10 prisoners. The Friars of the Ophalion Order, which Friar Gerus appears to be, are sworn to travel the land and comfort the afflicted and oppose evil. Some Friars have access to diving powers, but from what you have heard, you doubt Gerus is one.

Now you have to decide your approach. You can:

A-Go through the Front. There appear to be a few thugs in the front who can take you to the Friar and you can have a conversation.

B-Sneak through the Side, and decide if you should secure the prisoners first or confront the Friar.

C. Tunnel Underground and pop up in the Friar’s tent, or secure the prisoners.

D. Something else?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 04:29:22 pm by chubby2man »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2022, 04:36:07 pm »

Hmn... C, and specifically go to the prisoners. We may be able to, ah, double-check the friar’s work before notifying him of any errors.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2022, 04:45:18 pm »

How capable are we in a fight? I doubt the friar or the camp would be happy with us proving that he's incompetent. Assuming they even let us speak, as the zealous are unlikely to have an honest discussion with evil dark Sorcerers.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2022, 04:49:38 pm »

A. Misjustice is best faced head on. Let's see how his feeble arguments of authority hold up against the truth.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2022, 05:07:11 pm »

How capable are we in a fight? I doubt the friar or the camp would be happy with us proving that he's incompetent. Assuming they even let us speak, as the zealous are unlikely to have an honest discussion with evil dark Sorcerers.

Hmm defensively I’d say you are pretty good! You don’t anticipate these guys being able to attack you very well through stone if needed to flee.

Offensively it’s a bit harder to say. You have two effort you can spend on smiting them, or on creative miracles. I would give the edge to our Lich King, but if rolls get bad and depending on the plan it could get dicey.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2022, 08:49:33 pm »

A. Misjustice is best faced head on. Let's see how his feeble arguments of authority hold up against the truth.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16