Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Lich King: Stone and Bone (SG)  (Read 9839 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Lich King: Beginnings (SG)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2022, 10:08:31 am »

A

The Lake
One wheel short of a wagon

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2022, 10:26:37 am »

A

The Great Ravine, touching the forested grotto below. To call it a “tower” is somewhat of a misnomer - it was built from the top down, in Truth - but you are pleased with it nonetheless, as it permits you access to the strange resources of the underground without quite losing touch with the surface.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2022, 12:28:31 pm »

A

The Great Ravine, touching the forested grotto below. To call it a “tower” is somewhat of a misnomer - it was built from the top down, in Truth - but you are pleased with it nonetheless, as it permits you access to the strange resources of the underground without quite losing touch with the surface.
+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2022, 01:25:16 pm »

Wait, is our truth sensing a lie detector or a Falsity detector? I assumed from the nature of the word that it would tell us if statements are =1 or =0, but the narration indicates that it's relative to what the person believes.
Well, perhaps truth truly is shattered.

A, The lake.

Great volumes of water serve as a bulwark guarding sleep,
and an augur of the eldritch Truth.

Overcome this hindrance, and seek what is yours.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2022, 01:42:14 pm »

A: the Lake

The lake takes the memories of the dead.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2022, 08:58:43 pm »

You come over a ridge and see the expanse of the lake filling the middle of the valley, a lithe river snaking out to the east.

Rising from the mist of the lake is your tower, much reduced from its past grandeur. Many years ago this tower was part of a temple complex, worshipping a god of the lake.

Something still lies below, deep in the center, that much you can sense. That is partly why you came, alongside the other advantages offered by lakeside real estate.

Spoiler: Tower Status (click to show/hide)

Well palatial it is not, but for now the rumor of the ruin being haunted (unfortunately untrue for the moment) is enough to keep most people away.

You have some work to do, positions to fill, and now a quest to keep you occupied. But you should check on your phylactery.

Well, really it’s the physical manifestation of the shard of Truth that imbedded in your soul, but it’s close enough to the function of a traditional Lich’s phylactery that it will allow you to call it that.

You come to top of the tower, and the locked door opens with a word and gesture on your part. In the center of a room lies a chest. Here you whisper your passphrase, disarming the traps you laid in place. You fish the key from your pocket and open the chest to see -

Final Word Choice! No need to relate it to lichdom, but avoid anything too “lively” such as Sun or Fertility.

A- Night The power over darkness and dreams. A Mask, woven with shadow and glittering with starlight.

B- Might Unending strength, a grip as strong as the grave. A Hammer, impossibly heavy.

C- Sea Master of water in all of its depths. A Pearl,shining with an unnerving brilliance..

D-Wealth Prosperity, as easy as snapping your fingers. A Golden Coin, a grinning skull at its center..

E-Winter The Lich King on an eternal throne of Ice. A Snowflake, radiating a deadly cold..

And of course you can choose previously discussed options, such as Sorcery or Death. Or something new, such as Sword, Earth, Sky, Desert, Fire, War, Fear… etc. No problem with coming up with new Words either, though I will probably try to find something existing close to it that can be an easy slot in, considering Truth is new.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more information!

Wait, is our truth sensing a lie detector or a Falsity detector? I assumed from the nature of the word that it would tell us if statements are =1 or =0, but the narration indicates that it's relative to what the person believes.
Well, perhaps truth truly is shattered.

A good point! In this case Truth would be acting in a more passive role, so it would be picking on the truthfulness based upon the deliver's viewpoint.

I'm not sure how well it would work the other way, considering your role as the Master of Truth. You can have the power to determine what is true and what is not, convince lesser beings of the truth of your words, or strip them of any convictions at all. Truth is shattered, and you are the only one who could put it back together. Who could tell you what is true and what is not?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2022, 09:05:35 pm »

Fear

Fear op

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2022, 09:25:00 pm »

Underworld Sorcery
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 09:56:47 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2022, 09:43:41 pm »

Sea

I think it goes well with the lake.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2022, 09:51:58 pm »

Underworld Endurance, power, and wealth, all held within those unknown Stygian depths. A geode, unassuming from the outside, yet beautiful and bounteous from within, amid the pitch darkness.

(Yes, it’s a real Word from the Lexicon of the Throne addition. It’s got stuff that would fit in Darkness, Earth, Wealth, Fear... it’s a pretty versatile Word.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 09:54:34 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2022, 03:06:40 am »

Underworld
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2022, 03:22:11 am »

Underworld
One wheel short of a wagon

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2022, 12:13:29 pm »

Okay with the choice of Underworld, character creation is almost complete! We rolled up some stats; they are pretty high but that's alright considering the situation.

Last thing to do is to choose your starting Gift points! I’ll provide a curated selection of gifts from your Words, but you can suggest other gifts from the list (and in the case of truth feel free to suggest your own.

You have 4 points available. Each lesser gift costs 1 point, greater gifts cost 2. You are not required to take a gift from each word.

Lich King:

Lesser:
Ageless Erudition:

Commit Effort for the scene to know any fact or piece of knowledge, or pass an intellectual attribute check, that a ingenius mortal sage could conceivably do or know.

Dread Lord
Lesser foe undead in your presence are absolutely obedient to your
commands and cannot intentionally harm you. Commands you give
them will be obeyed with human intelligence and necro-suicidal
devotion until they are out of your presence for at least 24 hours,
after which they revert to their usual behaviors. You may attempt to
likewise enslave an undead worthy foe as an Action, but the target
gets a save versus Spirit to become immune to the gift for the scene.

Fist of the Grave
 Your unholy, eldritch power grants you a 1d10 magical attack with a 200 foot range. On a successful hit, you may Commit Effort for the scene as an Instant action to gain twice the attack's damage as hit points of personal healing, up to your usual hit point maximum

Greater Gifts:
A Heart Apart:

You possess a phylactery, excised heart, or other locus for your life, one which can be destroyed by ordinary violence. Unless this phylactery is destroyed, you cannot be permanently killed, and will regenerate from death in 24 hours from your largest remaining fragment. If the phylactery is destroyed, you can remake it, but it will not become effective for six months. You are instantly aware of any destruction of your phylactery, and while you can hide it or guard it, you cannot enchant it specifically to be protected from harm.
Already Chosen for you

Truth

Lesser Gifts:

Purity of the Brilliant Truth:

Commit Effort for the scene. Defensively dispel a hostile magical
effect on yourself or offensively dispel another gift for a round as if
with a miracle. This gift functions more swiftly than a conventional
miracle of dispelling, and the Effort need not be committed for so long.

A Truth That Burns
Commit Effort for the scene and choose a visible target. Learn the
knowledge of them or their plans that they least want you to know,
as judged by the GM. Worthy foes get a Spirit saving throw to resist
this subtle inquisition.

Greater Gifts:
Mutable Truth:

Commit Effort for at least the scene and choose a target in sight. You can alter their inner truths, including who they are loyal to and  their willingness to live. Lessar foes cannot resist. Worthy foes may use a Spirit saving thow to resist. This Truth may be reconsidered in the case of being very improbable or suicidal once the effort is reclaimed.

Underworld.

Lesser Gifts:
Borer Beneath:

You can pass through unworked stone or earth as if it were empty space. If you wish, you leave behind a self-supporting tunnel with a diameter slightly wider than you are tall; as an Instant action, you can withdraw your support of any such tunnel you have made and let the natural environment collapse it.

Illimitable Darkness:
Commit Effort for the scene to utterly darken all non-divine lights within one hundred feet per character level for the rest of the scene, creating a zone of perfect blackness. Fires still burn, but they emit absolutely no light, and no new illumination can be created while this gift holds. This radius of darkness moves with you. Worthy foes can save versus Spirit to intentionally create light, but only they can see the light they create. Blind creatures are usually unable to use ranged attacks and roll melee attacks twice, taking the worse hit roll.

Greater Gifts:
Keeper of All Beneath

Commit Effort for the day and indicate a particular person, object or type of object that you are physically capable of lifting. If such an object is anywhere below ground level within a half mile per character level, you draw it forth from the earth, regardless of how well-guarded or well-hidden it may be. Conversely, you may instead transport yourself and your companions to any chosen subterranean location within a half mile per level. This gift cannot move you or your allies more than ten miles total per hour.

Note: Votes should be done in plan form, as in don’t vote for individual gifts, but instead for whole combinations.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2022, 12:37:57 pm »

Plan: Smart Controller
I feel that Ageless Erudition is an essential choice regardless of our future plans. Similarly, A Truth That Burns would allow us to better deal with social interactions, be it avoiding betrayal or knowing what best to help people with. Next, I'd pick Illimitable Darkness and Dread Lord to deal with combat. No one is gonna have agood time against us if they're forced to fight a horde of intelligent undead whilst blind.

Quote from: Look at the Gift Horses
(1) Plan: Smart Controller: Kashyyk

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2022, 01:50:48 pm »

Plan Munchkin
Mutable Truth
Dread Lord
Illimitable Darkness