Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Lich King: Stone and Bone (SG)  (Read 9848 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Lich King: Beginnings (SG)
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2022, 01:27:48 pm »

B - As straight and narrow as working for a weird, yet evil lich anyway

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2022, 01:44:49 pm »

We’re not evil! Not presently, at least. I recognize that we may become such later in spite of any attempts I may make to the contrary, but we are not evil currently!

Even if the Church would disagree.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2022, 02:18:53 pm »

Liches tend to be villainous but we could always go down the Well Intentioned Extremist route. Which probably still involves a crime against nature here and there, for the greater good.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2022, 05:55:27 pm »

I'll wait for some votes to trickle in on our witch (possibly) friend. (Also if you aren't comfortable giving her responsiblities yet, you can just invite her to be a guest at your tower for now. Consider that option F.

Also, to help improve Dominion flow for our Lich King, I'm thinking about rewarding write-ups and extra worldbuilding with Dominion points.

For example, if someone wants to write up the Truth word, and create/grab 6 or so gifts for it, the author would receive 1 Dominion point that they can decide how to spend (maybe 2 points since I'm putting a bounty on it?)

I would also reward just lore building on other kingdoms/countries, knightly orders or magical traditions that can just show up in the world. This stuff you wouldn't need to worry about reading the Godbound RPG book at all. I may or may not decide it is canonical, but it would get a dominion point for you to use as you wish all the same (may reward more if it is canonical).

Let me know if you have questions. I'm not too concerned about balance since there are a lot of dominion sinks we can use them in (Artifacts and empowered minions will take plenty of dominion.)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2022, 06:39:18 pm »

B
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2022, 08:36:45 pm »

B

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2022, 09:49:07 pm »

The Knights of Solstice

Most knights are nobles. Fourth sons, fifth, sixth, daughters in a few places, but generally, spare offspring that know they'll never inherit. On occasion, a particularly influential or skilled member of the non-noble classes may be brought into the fold through a knighting, but such things are typically rare, and are still drawn from the ranks of high society.

Except, that is, for the Knights of Solstice. An order considered controversial at best among their peers; at worst, as outright imposters, dark deceivers. Among the peasantry, though, and the shaded corners of society, these Knights are a shining beacon of hope - hope that somebody will look out for them, hope that their children might rise - for they are those whom the Knights seek out for recruitment. The qualifications for being a Knight of Solstice are at once lighter and more demanding; heritage is nothing in their eyes, one's prior profession may have been among the scum of society's edges, but none of this matters so long as one truly holds in their heart the values of honor and compassion.

There's a popular tale about the founding of the Knights of Solstice. An innkeeper, dissatisfied with the self-interested and self-aggrandizing politics of the local nobility, enlisted the assistance of her adventurous clientele to research the laws of founding a knightly order... whereupon it was discovered that, under certain sets of rules, only three members were needed to found an order. Two of which could be retroactive, so long as they had, in some capacity, indicated membership or intention to be a member of the knightly order in question. Calling up the memories of two friends - one long dead defending the inn, another far across the sea but going by the name of Sir Solstice - the innkeeper and her friends swiftly wrote up a suitable oath, and swore in a local mobster who had shown a true desire to follow the ideal of honor that his gang attempted to follow. With this, the Knights of Solstice were inscribed in law, magic, and Truth, over the outcries of various noble onlookers, and since then, the low and impoverished have across the land learned to look to any knight bearing the image of a sun and frying pan upon their shield.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2022, 11:29:15 pm »

The Knights of Solstice

Most knights are nobles. Fourth sons, fifth, sixth, daughters in a few places, but generally, spare offspring that know they'll never inherit. On occasion, a particularly influential or skilled member of the non-noble classes may be brought into the fold through a knighting, but such things are typically rare, and are still drawn from the ranks of high society.

Except, that is, for the Knights of Solstice. An order considered controversial at best among their peers; at worst, as outright imposters, dark deceivers. Among the peasantry, though, and the shaded corners of society, these Knights are a shining beacon of hope - hope that somebody will look out for them, hope that their children might rise - for they are those whom the Knights seek out for recruitment. The qualifications for being a Knight of Solstice are at once lighter and more demanding; heritage is nothing in their eyes, one's prior profession may have been among the scum of society's edges, but none of this matters so long as one truly holds in their heart the values of honor and compassion.

There's a popular tale about the founding of the Knights of Solstice. An innkeeper, dissatisfied with the self-interested and self-aggrandizing politics of the local nobility, enlisted the assistance of her adventurous clientele to research the laws of founding a knightly order... whereupon it was discovered that, under certain sets of rules, only three members were needed to found an order. Two of which could be retroactive, so long as they had, in some capacity, indicated membership or intention to be a member of the knightly order in question. Calling up the memories of two friends - one long dead defending the inn, another far across the sea but going by the name of Sir Solstice - the innkeeper and her friends swiftly wrote up a suitable oath, and swore in a local mobster who had shown a true desire to follow the ideal of honor that his gang attempted to follow. With this, the Knights of Solstice were inscribed in law, magic, and Truth, over the outcries of various noble onlookers, and since then, the low and impoverished have across the land learned to look to any knight bearing the image of a sun and frying pan upon their shield.

Good stuff, pretty much exactly what I was hoping for! +1 Dominion, to spend as you please. Thanks Glass.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2022, 11:30:29 pm »

Three more Lesser Gifts for the Truth Word:

A Certain Truth (Action)
Commit Effort for the day and proclaim the Truth of an event that has not been witnessed by any players. If the event is not wholly implausible, it will happen or have happened more or less as you claim.  If the event includes the involvement of worthy foes, they get a Spirit save to resist acting according to the prediction, assuming that their role is contrary to their usual desires or current plans. A person’s inevitable death or great ruin cannot be inscribed in Truth unless they count as a lesser foe; even then, they are allowed a Spirit saving throw.
[Adapted from Time and Artificial Intelligence]

Sweep Away Falsehood (On Turn)
Commit Effort. Your presence displays to others magical effects on people, banishes magical darkness, dispels mortal illusion, and reveals magical items. Those with the gifts of Deception or Night may make a Spirit saving throw to maintain their illusions or gloom.
[Completely stolen from Sun]

The Unveiled Truth (Action)
Commit Effort for the scene; get an answer to any question, provided the truth about it is not being intentionally concealed by all who know it. This answer is generally brief, no more than a few sentences.
[Stolen from Knowledge because I had to]

This leaves us needing one more Lesser Gift and two Greater Gifts for Truth, assuming all three of these are accepted as parts of the Word.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2022, 01:27:34 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2022, 02:08:06 pm »

The skeleton hacked into the stoney field with a clumsy strength, the sound of cracking rock joining a cacophony of hundreds of other undead working their way across the land. A few farmers watch in appreciative silence, exchanging a few comments among each other. You’ve spent the last few days tasking the undead on how to be helpful aids. You’ve had some corrections by the villagers as they showed you how to make the most use of your minions, but you’ve always been a quick learner.

Raising the dead was a. . . weird experience, you have to admit. You just had to call out with your soul, like reaching with an imaginary limb. And they came, bones shambling out of fields and woods. It took only a few days for a thousand of them to come to your call.

The witch, Lianna, she told you, watched and asked questions all the while. Good for your future Court Witch. Her previous teacher had died early, and so she had come far developing her own abilities, but wondered at the possibilities of drawing upon your powers as a patron, as many witches do.

Falia the Priestess was of course ecstatic upon hearing of the return of her niece.
“You might be an unholy creature of darkness, but you’re alright in my book,” She says with a smile on her face. “Sander’s Vale has your back, Magnimian.”

Headman Habber was also pleased upon seeing the work a small army of skeletons could do, working day and night.
“Aye, some will stay because farming is all they want to know, and someone needs to watch the bonies. Others will get bored soon, and wouldn’t mind learning an extra trade to keep them busy,” he says. “Just let me know when you got the facilities set up.”

Sander’s Vale now bustling with productive worker skeletons, and villagers guided on how best to use them. The skeletons are more intelligent and able to work based on your desires in your presence, but they can still follow the commands of the farmers.

Lianna looks a bit disappointed at the sight of your battered and lonely tower.
“Hey, you’re getting in on the ground floor here. We have lots of room to grow in the organization.”

She shrugs, “ I suppose it beats living on my own in a hut.”

END OF TURN ONE

In the first month of the Lich King’s reign, he established friendly diplomatic relations with the neighboring villages and began an undead work program in the village of Saunder’s Vale. He also cursed a Friar of the Ophalion Order and freed his captives.

Gain 2 Experience. Current Value: 3
Gain 1 Dominion from your quest completion. Current Value: 1 (Does not include individual Voter- write up dominion gains.)
Next Level (2) Requires: 3 Experience and 2 Dominion spent. (Current Spent Dominion: 0)
(Advancing down the path to Lich-Godhood requires not only experience, but exercise of power and will. )

Developments:
Some among the Church of the Lightbringer are concerned by reports of a dark wizard cursing a friar of the faith! The Ophalion Order is incensed and clamoring for paladins to be sent and cleanse the area.

Some of the villages near Saunder’s Vale, particularly the ones you haven’t visited,  are highly disturbed by the sight of walking skeletons.

Friendly villages are excited to receive their own undead laborers. They are fine with waiting for a few months though.

TURN TWO: Year 1433 of the Aenian Calendar: Month 2

Spoiler: Tower Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth Changes (click to show/hide)

You have Actions equal to your Influence, which is currently 2, and then 1 Adventure Action, which you can use to go on quests or pursue your own goals. You can also hire advisors who can take additional actions per their category.

You have 2/2 Influence Invested, 1 in Saunder’s Vale labor program and 1 in the Friar’s Curse of Truth.

Cult: Well it's not so much dead, as it hasn’t really started yet.

-No Cult leader

-Got To Start Somewhere: Spend some time thinking and writing down what you want your cult to be. Maybe you just want an easy going cult that is very chill and all about personal development, or maybe you want something a little more demanding, make them really earn their place by your side! Either way it's better to start now. 1 Action

Diplomacy: Ehh maybe its okay no one knows about you yet

-No Councilor

- Send a letter to the Necromancer’s Guild: Well, you have to announce and register yourself eventually. They are not huge fans of Liches, but you may get some interest from them. 1 Action

-Smooth Things Over: Talk with the villagers upset with the skeleton workers. See if you can reach an agreement..1 Action

-Reach Out to Rebels: There are bunches of rebels, some of which are noble freedom fighters, others little better than bandits. Time to see for yourself which is which. 1 Action.

Military: Your tireless legions of undead need to start somewhere!

-No General

-Raise Skeleton Regiment: They aren’t much, just moldy skeletons dredged from the lake and armed with whatever junk you had lying around. But they will have to do! Raise 1,000 skeletons to start your military! 1 Action, 1 Dominion/Influence

-Raise Skeleton Army: Begin your horde! It might take awhile to gather all the corpses, but you can already raise a concerning amount of skeletons! They may be as capable as an average peasant, but quantity is a quality all of its own. Raise up to 100,000 skeletons, and will raise more as you acquire more. 1 Action, 2 Dominion/Influence

-Raise Elite Skeleton Guard: Sometimes you actually do need quality. Raise and equip an honor guard of Skeleton warriors, garbed in the finest funerary gear of a dozen cultures. 1000 elite warrior undead. 1 Action, 2 Dominion/Influence

Economy: The sinews of war is coin, which is good because your skeletons lack the regular kind

-No steward

-And They Call it a Mine: Using your Underworld gifts, locate and build a mine nearby. Will attract economic interest. Staff will primarily be undead laborers you scrounge up, but eventually humans can come and work as overseers. Lich King’s choice on what it is mining. 1 Action, 1 Dominion/Influence (will need to keep maintaining influence lest the mine dry up.)

-The Lich King’s Road: Begin building a safe trade route to your tower. Patrolled by your military and occasionally you, this will make coming to your Tower much easier. 1 Action, 1 Dominion/Influence

-Worker Retraining: With Saunder’s Vale a success so far, you should begin by setting up the tools and workshops for the villager’s retraining. Decide industrial focus (smithing/carpentry ect.) 1 Action, 1 wealth.

Defenses/Construction: Well hopefully we will have some laborers to help build these. Your back isn't made for work like this.

-Build a Wall:Just a simple wall around your tower. 1 Action.

-Expand your Tower: Add another story per level. 1 Action.

-Improve Defenses of your Phylactery. Use your cunning and powers to hide it far underground, surrounded by devious traps and defenses you can muster. 1 Action/ 1 Dominion/Influence

Magic Reliant on the living for now, maybe you could see about raising up some undead sorcerers or something someday.
-Lead by Lianna (1 additional Magic Action)

-Build a Witching Facility: Full of tools and cauldrons, and quiet nooks for research and casting spells. 1 Action and 1 Dominion/Influence, or 3 wealth.

-Recruit a Coven: Search and recruit witches and those with the potential to be witches. 3 Actions to complete (cost can be spread over multiple turns)

-Become a Patron. Lianna thinks that you can become a source of power that witches and other magic users can call upon. 3 actions, 4 Dominion (action cost can be spread over multiple turns.)

Special/Quests:

-Adventure! No urgent quests this month. Maybe you could go Tomb raiding or exploring?1 Adventure Action

Reach out to Rebels, with Meaning You intend to find out who is who in the rebel business, and either make an alliance with them, or stop them from being a threat to your neighbors.

-Laboring Bones Plus: Provide several villages with laboring skeletons to work their fields, and in return retrain the farmers into differently skilled laborers. They will probably be willing to wait for a few months before expecting any progress though. 1 Action, (2 Dominion/Influence if you need to recruit skeletons for the work, reclaim influence from Saunder’s Vale)

-Recruit an Advisor! Track down a candidate and recruit them to your cause. Candidates will probably pop up in the course of your adventures, but you can speed the process along if you like. 1 Adventure Action.

Notes:Remember you can always go more free form with actions if you like.

Also, you have enough experience to level up, but you do need to spend at least two dominion points to do so. If spent during this turn, next update will be allow to choose more gifts and get more effort points and influence.

Spoiler: Writing “Bounties” (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2022, 02:24:50 pm »

I’d like to put my personal Dominion into Saunder Vale’s undead laborers, please, so as to open up that Influence.

Plan: Open for Business
-Smooth Things Over (the more people like us, the less likely we are to have problems happen)
-Worker Retraining, Smithing (everybody everywhere needs equipment, be it arms and armor or tools for working; with how many skeletons we’ve got, we need it more than most. It also synergizes well with making the mine, though that has to wait for next turn.)
-Lianna starts Recruiting a Coven (more magic support is helpful, and it gets people with magical potential under our protection)
-Adventure: Reach Out to Rebels with Meaning, Recruitment/Alliance (we seem likely to need to defend ourselves from the Church, and if we’re not building an army with actions, we may as well see about recruiting one via adventure)

I’ll write up a potential rival coven later. And maybe a small niche religion yes it will be of Acter fucking sue me

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2022, 04:09:21 pm »

They Who Know Eternal Peace

Don't let their name fool you; these witches are as violent as they come, even as they profess benevolence. They originated as an extremist offshoot of some religion or another; it's unclear which specific religion this may have been, as the only aspect of it that seems to still influence them is the belief in a paradisiacal afterlife - a belief that has been twisted and stretched far beyond reason. Put in simplest terms, the coven of They Who Know Eternal Peace is formed of witches who believe that living, when compared to existing in the afterlife, is the lowest of squalor and the height of torment, and therefore set out to kill as many people as they possibly can so as to "share the Eternal Peace".

These witches are known to specialize in direct killing spells, rather than elemental magics or more generalized death-aspected spellcraft. Spells meant to sever the soul from the body and roiling clouds of choking fumes are the two main spells that witches of this coven are known to use; some may deviate from the larger pattern, but they always specialize in killing as swiftly as possible, and as many as possible.

It is unclear how They Who Know Eternal Peace recruit new members, or why, given their religion - if it can be called that - they do not simply commit mass suicide. Although the latter cannot be answered, merely speculated on (three common beliefs among those who care to do any research into the coven are that they believe themselves divinely blessed to carry out the omnicide of people, that they believe their duty is a punishment preventing them killing themselves until it is fulfilled, or simply that they are enormous hypocrites), the third is believed to have an answer: their mission frequently takes them into conflict with other witch covens, who frequently do conduct recruitment, and refugee ex-members of what covens they have successfully destroyed have, on the few occasions a location they newly resided in was attacked again, reported recognizing younger members of the attacking group from their old coven's pupils. This practice has made Those Who Know Eternal Peace reviled among witches, who often hunt them with as much hatred and determination as the church does.

Some witch-hunters have found success in using golems and other magically-animated units to combat witches of this coven, as their lifeless existence renders them broadly immune to the death magic that most of these witches employ. More privately, other witch covens have seen similar success with the undead, which also lack life of their own; what few radical witch-hunters who have witnessed this and then dared to suggest making use of the tactic themselves are almost always censured and removed by the church.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2022, 06:29:30 pm »

They Who Know Eternal Peace

Don't let their name fool you; these witches are as violent as they come, even as they profess benevolence. They originated as an extremist offshoot of some religion or another; it's unclear which specific religion this may have been, as the only aspect of it that seems to still influence them is the belief in a paradisiacal afterlife - a belief that has been twisted and stretched far beyond reason. Put in simplest terms, the coven of They Who Know Eternal Peace is formed of witches who believe that living, when compared to existing in the afterlife, is the lowest of squalor and the height of torment, and therefore set out to kill as many people as they possibly can so as to "share the Eternal Peace".

These witches are known to specialize in direct killing spells, rather than elemental magics or more generalized death-aspected spellcraft. Spells meant to sever the soul from the body and roiling clouds of choking fumes are the two main spells that witches of this coven are known to use; some may deviate from the larger pattern, but they always specialize in killing as swiftly as possible, and as many as possible.

It is unclear how They Who Know Eternal Peace recruit new members, or why, given their religion - if it can be called that - they do not simply commit mass suicide. Although the latter cannot be answered, merely speculated on (three common beliefs among those who care to do any research into the coven are that they believe themselves divinely blessed to carry out the omnicide of people, that they believe their duty is a punishment preventing them killing themselves until it is fulfilled, or simply that they are enormous hypocrites), the third is believed to have an answer: their mission frequently takes them into conflict with other witch covens, who frequently do conduct recruitment, and refugee ex-members of what covens they have successfully destroyed have, on the few occasions a location they newly resided in was attacked again, reported recognizing younger members of the attacking group from their old coven's pupils. This practice has made Those Who Know Eternal Peace reviled among witches, who often hunt them with as much hatred and determination as the church does.

Some witch-hunters have found success in using golems and other magically-animated units to combat witches of this coven, as their lifeless existence renders them broadly immune to the death magic that most of these witches employ. More privately, other witch covens have seen similar success with the undead, which also lack life of their own; what few radical witch-hunters who have witnessed this and then dared to suggest making use of the tactic themselves are almost always censured and removed by the church.

Good stuff! +1 Dominion for now. Others may post other coven ideas for 1 dominion as well, and by next update I’ll choose one to use and writer will receive another dominion for fulfilling the bounty. 

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2022, 07:50:45 pm »

A "new" religion

Acterianism is a new religion. It also has several centuries of history behind it. These are not contradictory, as many of these centuries were spent without a single person actually being a member of the religion.

Despite having been one of the Saelic gods - the favorites of academic study - little is actually known of Acter-worship or their place in the mythology, as they appear only once in known myths (and in a minor role at that), and what few inscriptions and artworks depicting them are fragmentary. However, one pattern has emerged: all recovered items depicting or referring to Acter have been found in locations determined to be associated with training. Buildings identified to be schools, fields believed to have been semi-permanent homes to military camps, and the remains of royal workshops have all been host to fragments of what appear to be informal prayers to Acter. As such, it is believed that Acter was a god of teaching, training, or learning - but not the products thereof.

Acter's one appearance in known myth, minor as it is, appears to support this interpretation. In the story of Seratekah, it is briefly noted that while Feroul, Seratekah's father and god of metal, entrusted the better-known Julii, goddess of nature and fertility, with Seratekah's upbringing, Acter was the god entrusted with Seratekah's education - and, given Seratekah's status as the best planner of all demigods in Saelic mythology, it appears to attest to Acter's skill in that department.

This brings us to seven years ago, at Oakforth College, home to the largest gathering of archeologically-minded scholars and mages in eastern Oroul, where most of this information was collated. There are multiple competing stories about who actually began to worship Acter first, though this author suspects that one or two of them occurred independently before inspiring the others, or even that a rumor that one had happened went around and inspired the rest. The most prominent stories, however, are as follows:

The first is that one student mage, confronted by a member of the church, claimed that the magic they were studying was Acterian magic, rather than anything dark, and that the necessity of conducting study rather than simply invoking god-given miracles was due to Acter's philosophy of things needing to be taught. This particular story is supported most by those who have taken up Acterianism as a form of protest against the church, most frequently by mages, who elect to interpret Acter as the god who gave mortals access to a magic that any could learn if they put in the effort to train.

The second story claims that a different student, struggling their schoolwork and with a test shortly coming up, decided on a whim to pray to Acter, reportedly because "it couldn't hurt". The story continues with the claim that they then received the highest score on the test that they had ever accomplished, and that repeated prayers to Acter while studying for future tests resulted in a continued streak of better testing scores. Those who hold to this story are largely students and scholars, who tend to interpret Acter as the god who makes sure that all-nighters and other long study sessions are rewarded, rather than letting one study indefinitely without results.

The third story, noticeably less popular than the first two but prevalent enough to be worth noting, claims that one of the college's mathematics professors was researching one advanced subject or another, and found that they found that the solution to their problem was an arbitrary-seeming symbol that nonetheless felt familiar to them. After scouring through other mathematical literature for hours on end, the professor gave up on the issue, and left their office to return home for the night. However, in their distracted state, they crashed into a member of the archeology faculty, who happened to be carrying a reproduction of the newest artefact believed to depict Acter - an artefact that happened to bear the same symbol that the mathematician had identified previously. Supposedly, seeing this drove the professor into awe, and they set themselves toward the worship of Acter. Despite the fact that only seven years have passed since the earliest that this may have happened, and the assumption that anybody who this may have happened to would likely be active in the Acterian community, no such figure can be identified; nonetheless, this story is most favored by those who seem to most earnestly worship Acter, revering them as one who creates order from chaos and who has granted the keys to knowledge to their worshippers. This author tends to believe that although this specific sect is likely to fade with time, barring confirmable divine revelation, their story is the one most likely to be enshrined in the mythology should Acterianism last any notable length of time.

Presently, Acterianism ultimately appears to be more of a philosophy than a religion, advocating for hard work and study, and declaring that no height cannot be reached with sufficient effort; "prayer" to Acter is generally an informal thing, as if asking a friend for help, while most "ritual" boils down to doing something to focus oneself before beginning a task. Nonetheless, those who have studied the nature of faith and religion know that small gods have arisen from less, and that dead gods have been known to live again if given the right sort of attention, so the development of Acterianism and its god is likely to continue to be a highly interesting subject of research and observation into the future.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:57:03 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16