Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23417 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #675 on: August 15, 2022, 07:00:13 pm »

Egan_BW, I want to take a moment to say you've done a good job. It's unrelated to anything happening in the game at this moment, but you played well, even if you don't realize it. It's a bit of a stretch, but you might have solved the game by doing what you're doing, so keep it up. You'll probably realize after the game is over why that is, but I figured I'd get that in while we're waiting around here to see if Maximum Spin or Jim Groovester makes a case about the other first, and also because you infuriate me a lot less than Roden, and that's really the best part about you.

I've lurked, cast 0 votes, used my abilities, and gotten lucky with who I use them on. you tryin ta butter me up or summat

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 15, 2022, 07:03:06 pm »

Egan, what you did was you confirmed not only yourself but Web as well. This created a 3-town voting bloc once you toss in me going to extremes to confirm myself as well, which is one of the most powerful things town can have.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 15, 2022, 07:04:19 pm »

You ALSO were setting up confirmation of Shakerag, and if Shake had survived last night we would have had a 4-town voting bloc here which is a straight-up town wincon.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 15, 2022, 07:06:34 pm »

I was gonna just use my info action N0, but decided that was too boring and instead gambled on giving double-actions-next-night to a random player. I really hit the jackpot with hitting a player who was not only town, but got a copy of the action too.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 15, 2022, 07:09:54 pm »

Egan_BW, I want to take a moment to say you've done a good job. It's unrelated to anything happening in the game at this moment, but you played well, even if you don't realize it. It's a bit of a stretch, but you might have solved the game by doing what you're doing, so keep it up. You'll probably realize after the game is over why that is, but I figured I'd get that in while we're waiting around here to see if Maximum Spin or Jim Groovester makes a case about the other first, and also because you infuriate me a lot less than Roden, and that's really the best part about you.

I've lurked, cast 0 votes, used my abilities, and gotten lucky with who I use them on. you tryin ta butter me up or summat
You know me, what with my insidious nature and snakelike demeanor!

Nah, I don't have any exterior motivations here. You don't need to vote anyone or anything. You don't even need to vouch for Jim to protect me. All I'm saying is that, when I'm dead in the ground come Tomorrow, you pick what YOU think is right, alright? And if you're wrong, then oh well, you gave it your best shot. And if you're right, then you ALSO gave it your best shot.

I'm mostly trying to be calm and go to the happy place so that I don't explode at Roden, and what better way than to say that even though you didn't contribute as much as others, you actually did do some massive solution providing. Seriously, that is a really big part of Mafia.

Lenglon ALSO did fan-freakin'-tastic, but she always does, so that's not especially new, but you did just fine for a beginner.

Egan, what you did was you confirmed not only yourself but Web as well. This created a 3-town voting bloc once you toss in me going to extremes to confirm myself as well, which is one of the most powerful things town can have.
^Exactly this. Lenglon understands a lot of how powerful blocs can be. They can make or break the Town, and so you being a part of it is great. You're trying to keep Roden as a possibility, which is completely fine and justified, because I can easily tunnel, so it's a good thing to tell me I'm wrong.

Also, Lenglon, you did really well, too. I had to do a lot of convincing to make sure you weren't scum, and if I'm to be honest, I'm STILL a liiiiiittle uneasy, but I'm at the point where I'm shrugging my shoulders if you're scum. Eh! I just think that scum that plays that well can't be beaten easily, so it'd be well-deserved.

I was gonna just use my info action N0, but decided that was too boring and instead gambled on giving double-actions-next-night to a random player. I really hit the jackpot with hitting a player who was not only town, but got a copy of the action too.
Never let anyone convince you that Luck isn't a skill.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 15, 2022, 07:19:22 pm »

This moment is going to be such egg on my face if we mislynch by the way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 15, 2022, 07:21:24 pm »

Hmm. Yup, definitely web-leng mafia.

cowers in locked basement with shotgun.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:19 pm »

This moment is going to be such egg on my face if we mislynch by the way.
Same! And it'll be even worse for me!

Hmm. Yup, definitely web-leng mafia.

cowers in locked basement with shotgun.
Braaaaaaaaains!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 15, 2022, 07:31:39 pm »

Max

Roden: Please do not visit any town players tonight. There are traps of various kinds on myself, Egan, and Web, and they can be false-triggered if you do so. If you want to visit Jim or Max that's fine.

For obvious reasons, I will not explain the details. Just please do not visit any of the three of us for any reason.

Jim, go ahead and protect Web please.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 15, 2022, 07:34:41 pm »

Actually, no, Roden, Please just No-Action tonight if you are okay with that. I don't want you getting redirected in a troublesome way.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 15, 2022, 07:44:55 pm »

Actually, no, Roden, Please just No-Action tonight if you are okay with that. I don't want you getting redirected in a troublesome way.
We don't really know what he has, but I'm in agreement here. I'll use my Pithos on Roden and Jim.

Also, I'm mostly posting so that I can prove that Egan and I aren't a scumteam.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 15, 2022, 07:50:00 pm »

Web, I trust you to remember the contents of my message to you last night so that you understand how the traps I mentioned work. You know your own kit so I trust you will avoid the potential mishap I'm warning Roden against.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 15, 2022, 08:09:16 pm »

Web, I trust you to remember the contents of my message to you last night so that you understand how the traps I mentioned work. You know your own kit so I trust you will avoid the potential mishap I'm warning Roden against.
Nope, only to plan this time. Nothing fancy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 15, 2022, 08:47:23 pm »

If you don't mind, Lenglon, I'll give Max, Jim, and Roden a chance to say something before I vote. Just in case. I think I'm right, but I'm willing to hold some doubt there.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 15, 2022, 08:51:38 pm »

I don't mind in the slightest.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54