Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23487 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #630 on: August 15, 2022, 04:13:00 pm »

I do think that web is a better option because I don't have a role.

Wait, oh, I get it now. I wasn't thinking from your perspective. Yeah, I can see why that's the better option from your POV.
? Literally how is that not better? The only way it isn't is if you think I am scum, which, again, is only possible if Egan and I are a team.
Or if one of your other abilities, which I haven't seen, let you copy tric's godfather ability. I don't give it a very big sliver of probability, but hey, let's acknowledge it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 15, 2022, 04:17:21 pm »

That's not my concern Egan. But again, it's fine. I actively want to not explain my reasoning here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 15, 2022, 04:24:06 pm »

I do think that web is a better option because I don't have a role.

Wait, oh, I get it now. I wasn't thinking from your perspective. Yeah, I can see why that's the better option from your POV.
? Literally how is that not better? The only way it isn't is if you think I am scum, which, again, is only possible if Egan and I are a team.
Or if one of your other abilities, which I haven't seen, let you copy tric's godfather ability. I don't give it a very big sliver of probability, but hey, let's acknowledge it.
You know, that's technically true, but I can't really prove that doesn't exist, and I can't even prove that all I did was that because everyone is way to skeptical for their own good. But, I'm here, willing to prove people are Town, and I'm just waiting on Jim, Max, Roden, and FoU to post to show it's allllll truuuuuuue.

That's not my concern Egan. But again, it's fine. I actively want to not explain my reasoning here.
Alright, here's another theory:

Busses and Shakerag's Pull operate at the same time. Shakerag DID pull Roden, so Roden DID use Glass Lens, and any other Abilities as well. The bussing still happened. Either that, or Shakerag's pull is faster. Look at that, problem solved.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 15, 2022, 04:31:30 pm »

I guarantee that neither of them makes a case against the other.

And I'm only saying that so they're forced to make a case against each other.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 15, 2022, 04:32:42 pm »

Web, I see your logic, and I do agree with the Jim protects Web plan.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 15, 2022, 04:33:54 pm »

Web, I see your logic, and I do agree with the Jim protects Web plan.
Well now I don't want it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 15, 2022, 04:43:15 pm »

No matter what, they have to realize that there's no one else that could've tried to kill on Night 1.

Egan_BW's Action is confirmed by Shakerag.
Roden's Action is confirmed by Shakerag.
webadict's Action is confirmed by Lenglon and Maximum Spin.
Lenglon's Action is confirmed by Shakerag.

Here's the problem with either of them being voted out though:
Jim's Action is confirmed by Maximum Spin. ("He posted it in chat before it was claimed!")
Max's Action is confirmed by Jim Groovester. ("Yeah, I definitely got a gift.")

Possibility 1: Maximum Spin was the killer and was roleblocked.
Possibility 2: Jim Groovester was the killer and targeted Shakerag, causing it to fail.

Unless they want to argue for the astounding options of
Possibility 3: The Mafia didn't Mafiakill.
Possibility 4: The Mafia have a Multitasker.

Anyone wanna bet on what's chosen?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 15, 2022, 04:44:53 pm »

I feel like a broken record here:

I have reason to believe that at least one of the mafia can double-action.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 15, 2022, 04:54:46 pm »

Fou: if a track is used on a player A, and player A targets players B and C with a single action, and A is redirected from C to B, such that B is now targeted twice by that single action, does the track see A visit B once or twice?
A normal track will reveal which player or players the target visited. In the scenario you propose, the track would simply see A visit B in the redirection case, and see A visit B and C in the non-redirection case.

FoU: Does the user of Glass Lens (from Tric's flip) visit their target?
Yes.

FoU: Could you please show an example result from Glass Lens (from Tric's flip) being used on a Townie?
Night results: You performed your action.
Day end results: playername's alignment is Town.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 15, 2022, 04:56:20 pm »

I feel like a broken record here:

I have reason to believe that at least one of the mafia can double-action.
That's cool and all, but it doesn't really matter. That's a fake possibility, not because it can't be true, but because that's more reason why they should be going after each other. It doesn't defend their actions but rather making fake boogeymen.

It just means that you can't trust anyone about anything. A typical tactic used to undermine trust. I'm not buying it because, if I did, I'd be right proper fucked I would. Why worry, when we can just vote out the two people who back up their fake Actions?

You're looking at your own role when you say that, because you see an Action that tells you if someone used one or more Actions. That's fine. I understand that. It's not necessarily right, but I get it. I think it allows for the possibility of Egan_BW being able to give an additional Action use to the Mafia. And even if it doesn't, well, they have to argue for why that it somehow precludes them from Actioning as well. It'd be even more reason to go after each other.

It's a fake position to take, and it doesn't preclude them from being Mafia.

Fou: if a track is used on a player A, and player A targets players B and C with a single action, and A is redirected from C to B, such that B is now targeted twice by that single action, does the track see A visit B once or twice?
A normal track will reveal which player or players the target visited. In the scenario you propose, the track would simply see A visit B in the redirection case, and see A visit B and C in the non-redirection case.

FoU: Does the user of Glass Lens (from Tric's flip) visit their target?
Yes.

FoU: Could you please show an example result from Glass Lens (from Tric's flip) being used on a Townie?
Night results: You performed your action.
Day end results: playername's alignment is Town.
"Oi, look at me, I'm roight again, ain't I?!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 15, 2022, 04:57:55 pm »

@Egan, please ask FoU what would happen if you used your Ability on someone that didn't use an Action.

@FoU: If Shakerag used his Night Action on a Player that was targeted by a Bus Action, which Action takes priority?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 15, 2022, 05:00:58 pm »

Thank you FoU.

I feel dramatically better about Roden's claim now, and I also am far less worried about the edge case of Web being Shake's killer.

At this point I am fully comfortable voting Max or Jim over voting Roden.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 15, 2022, 05:06:46 pm »

Oh, and by the way, I intend to No-Action tonight.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 15, 2022, 05:11:38 pm »

Alright, I asked FoU about the action failed thing. Are we voting after that?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 15, 2022, 05:13:12 pm »

Alright, I asked FoU about the action failed thing. Are we voting after that?
Pretty much, yeah. The big question is which one, Jim or Max?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54