Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23497 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #585 on: August 15, 2022, 01:42:42 pm »

My computer bluescreened while writing, so back to my phone.

Web, how did you get +1 vote?
When no one buys my goods, I get an additional vote at the end of the Day. Hence why I told people not to buy. But TricMagic just loves spiting me. My other Abilities are pretty bad in comparison (Roden can back me up on that.)

If Egan trusts me, then I am one step closer. Egan 100% got my Action name correct, so I am gonna make sure he's not getting launched.

Elpis is a 1-shot Revive, though it won't work Tonight, sadly.

I can answer that. If nobody Buys he gains an extra vote from "spite".
Then where did the scum redirect go last night?
No idea. Still lost on that one. I am willing to leave my vote on Jim if you want, since Jim is unwilling to go after Max.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 15, 2022, 01:42:59 pm »

I can answer that. If nobody Buys he gains an extra vote from "spite".
Then where did the scum redirect go last night?
Can you explain how that's correlated?

Oh, also, if Web is a godfather mafia, then he didn't do the kill on Shakerag. My Light of Truth action tells me the full text of all the actions he used that night, and only "Basement Pithos of Spiteful Half-Price Deals" came up, I would have seen the mafiakill.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 15, 2022, 01:48:58 pm »

I was working on a pet theory that the mafia redirected Jim's +1 vote to Web.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 15, 2022, 01:49:51 pm »

I'll just be blunt, my suspicion is that you're making this up on the fly, and I figure if you are forced to make a very large Jim-post it will either be obviously fake, contain blatent scumtells, or will take you a long time to do it.

Are you for real

I am pleased that the game has devolved into a game of telephone with everything I've said in neighbor chat.
Jim, if you don't make a convincing argument for why Max is scum, I'm double voting you.

I was working on a pet theory that the mafia redirected Jim's +1 vote to Web.
Not possible if you believe Max. Max said the Ability gets disabled and upgraded, which Jim said happened.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 15, 2022, 01:50:43 pm »

Wait. Maybe I'm misremembering that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 15, 2022, 01:56:47 pm »

Not possible if you believe Max. Max said the Ability gets disabled and upgraded, which Jim said happened.
No, the ability doesn't get disabled, it just gains new features.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 15, 2022, 01:57:16 pm »

Let's say that that's wrong for reasons because that sounds wrong, but whatever.

I'd have to know that Jim had a Motivate (+1 Vote). Then, I'd have to Redirect Jim into me. Egan_BW confirms my Abilities, 100%. Egan_BW is confirmed to have gone to Max (Max said he was notified of being roleblocked.) Egan_BW is therefore my only possible partner.

The problem with that is that you're assuming that there's even a redirect. I'm the one that was redirected. So, unless Egan_BW redirected me into Maximum Spin (Again, NOT PROBABLE IF YOU BELIEVE KNIGHTWING64 ROLEBLOCKED MAXIMUM SPIN), if I'm scum, there isn't likely to be a redirect.

Also, I'd have redirected Maximum Spin into me, since it would've been more likely that he had buffs (Not Jim Groovester, who I had no way of knowing had a Motivate, unless you think Egan_BW gave away a double Action on N0 to someone other than me.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 15, 2022, 01:59:01 pm »

No, the ability doesn't get disabled, it just gains new features.
Hey man, you better hurry and start making that case against Jim Groovester before he makes one against you!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 15, 2022, 02:00:36 pm »

Also, if my partner is Egan_BW, I never unvote Jim Groovester when he has 3 votes on him.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 15, 2022, 02:05:02 pm »

Web, the more I think on it the more I'm leaning towards lynching Roden for having an invalid track of you. The only alternate I can think of is that Roden was redirected AGAIN and this time tracked Jim instead of you. Also, if we assume the following:

Web is town
I am town
Egan is town
Max and Jim are not the scumteam

then by process of elimination Roden must be scum.

I really, REALLY want that answer to my question to FoU now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 15, 2022, 02:08:48 pm »

I'll just be blunt, my suspicion is that you're making this up on the fly, and I figure if you are forced to make a very large Jim-post it will either be obviously fake, contain blatent scumtells, or will take you a long time to do it.

Are you for real

I am pleased that the game has devolved into a game of telephone with everything I've said in neighbor chat.
Jim, if you don't make a convincing argument for why Max is scum, I'm double voting you.

No, fuck you, I'll do what I want. You want to stack votes up on me be my fucking guest. If you're town and a double voter one miscast vote by you loses the game, so I hope you know what you're doing.

Will I decide to end up voting Maximum Spin? Maybe. I do have doubts about him but I'm not going to fucking dance to satisfy you when I feel like this much shit.

Stop dodging my question about Roden. WHAT'S YOUR READ ON HIM
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 15, 2022, 02:09:05 pm »

Web, the more I think on it the more I'm leaning towards lynching Roden for having an invalid track of you. The only alternate I can think of is that Roden was redirected AGAIN and this time tracked Jim instead of you. Also, if we assume the following:

Web is town
I am town
Egan is town

I really, REALLY want that answer to my question to FoU now.
First, you and I both know that's a trap, so here's the very obvious answer that goes with it: No, fuck off, I'm not voting anyone except Jim or Max.
Second, if it's NOT a trap, there's a lot of words written on your ceiling starting with G.
Third, Roden's Track does seem accurate. I'd only be targeting one person. It'd just be with the same Ability.
Fourth, fuck off, I'm only voting Jim or Max.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 15, 2022, 02:11:05 pm »

Web is town
I am town
Egan is town

This is about where I am having thought about the game for maybe twenty minutes in my sick fog.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 15, 2022, 02:12:28 pm »

Stop dodging my question about Roden. WHAT'S YOUR READ ON HIM
"Look at me, I've decided to play Today instead of literally at any other point in the game! I sure hope I can force webadict/Lenglon/Roden/Max/anyone but me to do my dirty work for me because I'll have a heck of a time defending Maximum Spin for no reason at all! Gosh golly gee, Max sure did play a lot better than I deserved for my partner!"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 15, 2022, 02:13:52 pm »

Suck a dick and answer my question.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 54