Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23617 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #390 on: August 13, 2022, 06:31:15 pm »

But Roden got that ability from TricMagic. That's not alignment indicative for Roden.

No, it's Roden ability.  I got it on N0.  If used on any night but N2 gives a second action, if used on N2 reveals your role to the person

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2022, 06:32:27 pm »

Wait what.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2022, 06:32:58 pm »

I might be a little guilty of not paying attention, but since you're all here, mind running me through what the plan you came up with is and why Shakerag?
webadict believes that Shakerag is the one blending everyone's actions around. This sounds consistent with the theme of Shakerag's roleclaim, and you already know that Shakerag is one of the three players I said I suspected most, so I'm willing to give it a go.

There isn't really that much of a plan, though, I just kind of asked webadict what he'd offer in exchange for my going along with him, and he offered to target someone of my choice tonight. I wouldn't call it a plan as such. I'm kind of just hoping to move on from this part where we all sit and wobble around trying to figure out what happened.

I'm still waffling if web and lenglon are bold enough scum to play footsies in the open. 
Wellll, yes, probably. I'll give you that one. Is that what you think is most likely to be the case? If you flip town, I'll strongly consider whatever argument you make here.

I mean ok, wubba got a lazy vote, but now I want to hear Max's justification for a vote on me.  Mind you, I appreciate it, but put a bit more meat behind it for me, would you?
I mean, webadict asked me to. I really do suspect you, partly because I think you're the kind of person to play "I don't give a shit" as a scum cover, partly because of what I said above, partly because it presents a simple resolution to last night's action economy, partly because of scummy things you've done like declaring people town on the basis of actions you claim you saw (which is obviously an easy way to cover your partner, and can just as easily be disclaimed if that partner flips later)... I could probably come up with more reasons, but once I suspect someone I tend to compress the reasons down in my head to save space, so I'd have to think about it longer. But, also, most of all, I like horse-trading votes. It's my vice.

So Web had a ability stolen from them by Roden N0, and you had an ability stolen from you N1, after you claimed immunity to kills?
Roden

I am not hunting for scum as a pair, but I  do think I know why the mafia chose to no-kill last night, having gotten the above information.
Shakerag confirmed that Glass Lens was used on him, and mentioned no other actions being used. It's not impossible, but how do you overcome that?
Oh, never mind, Shakerag already responded contradicting it anyway. I'll leave this here for posterity again.

But Roden got that ability from TricMagic. That's not alignment indicative for Roden.

No, it's Roden ability.  I got it on N0.  If used on any night but N2 gives a second action, if used on N2 reveals your role to the person
I thought you got that from Egan?

(hahaha caught up now, please let me get this through finally DAMN IT LENGLON maybe now?)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 13, 2022, 06:33:48 pm »

That’s not true at all? I’m legit interacting with people more then you are, Mr: Slim Jim.

All I have for you is seeming contempt for webs argument and a lack of solid opinions.

As another reason for why I haven’t been posting as much as would like is “this game is confusing, cut me some slack” by the time I think of a question megamind web or some other person has already said it 😭

Ninja’d by 4 people. Woah

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (9 / 9) - Day 1 - Opening Act
« Reply #394 on: August 13, 2022, 06:34:28 pm »

Shake, On N0, you got Glass Lens.
The ability listed here:
Fairy Godfather(town):
(Disabled, Auto) Mob Boss: Your fae connections in the police ensure alignment inspections on you always return Town, and anyone you visit will always alignment inspect as Mafia the Night you visit them.
(Night) Spinning Sand Into Glass [target]: You grant your target a boon - choose one of Glass Slippers, Glass Lens and Glass Dress. That ability becomes theirs. You may only grant each ability once.
-(Info) (Auto) Glass Slippers: Your steps are silent and graceful - you cannot be roleblocked, but track abilities used on you will only show you visiting nobody.
-(Info) (1-Shot, Night) Glass Lens [target]: You peer through a lens of truth - you learn your target’s alignment at the end of the next Day. While you possess this ability, the truth is bent, so investigative abilities you possess other than this one will fail when used. Fortunately, after this ability is used, it is destroyed.
-(Info) (1-Shot, Auto) Glass Dress: Your self is armored in soft folds of resilient glass - you can survive one kill used on you. However, the beauty of the gleaming glass forces all alignment inspection used on you to return a result of Town while you possess this ability.
(1-Shot, Night) Midnight [target]: Midnight strikes, and all Glass abilities your target possesses are destroyed. If they possessed only one Glass ability at the start of the Night this ability was used, you also shoot them with a poisonous dart, causing them to gain the “Poison” status. This ability counts as a kill action.
-(Info) (Status) Poison: You will die at the end of this Day, after the execution! Your blood curdles in your veins. After you die to this effect this status is removed.
Is this correct?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 13, 2022, 06:35:26 pm »

misplaced my own comment inside the quote. The "Is this correct?" at the bottom was supposed to be outside all quotes, and is a question to shake.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 13, 2022, 06:38:00 pm »

All I have for you is seeming contempt for webs argument and a lack of solid opinions.
Me? I'm defending you, ya goofball! You're only not being suspected by me because you are the only reason I can think of that a kill didn't happen!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (9 / 9) - Day 1 - Opening Act
« Reply #397 on: August 13, 2022, 06:41:33 pm »

Shake, On N0, you got Glass Lens.

Negative, got Glass Lens on N1

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 13, 2022, 06:42:35 pm »

Additionally, I don't thinky you're supposed to quote DMs

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 13, 2022, 06:43:01 pm »

That's not a DM. That's the end of day 1 lynch.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 13, 2022, 06:44:07 pm »

Wait, shit, kinda ddunk lemme recheck

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 13, 2022, 06:45:33 pm »

Wait, shit, kinda ddunk lemme recheck

Yarg, Egan did the "double action" thing on me N0, that's right.  redirected Roden to me on N1 and that's how I got glass lens, I think.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2022, 06:49:03 pm »

That's not a DM. That's the end of day 1 lynch.

Oh riiigight.  Disregard.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2022, 06:51:22 pm »

What's hammer?  4?  Tempted to self vote to draw out scum then

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2022, 06:53:08 pm »

Me? I'm defending you, ya goofball! You're only not being suspected by me because you are the only reason I can think of that a kill didn't happen!

I meant all I had from Jim
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54