Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23635 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2022, 04:04:56 pm »

Yo. I used a nakedly beneficial power on Shakerag which'll give 'em an additional action on night 1.
Shakerag had two Abilities last Night but only claimed one :D

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2022, 04:06:34 pm »

Doesn't work. I was ONLY visited by web and maybe shake. Egan would have targeted me. They didnt. Also, egans action wouldnt have failed on me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2022, 04:07:45 pm »

Huh, that seems to make sense. Pretty wild. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.
I had an Ability like that written in my "Idea Log", so it helps that I HAVE seen it before.

Doesn't work. I was ONLY visited by web and maybe shake. Egan would have targeted me. They didnt. Also, egans action wouldnt have failed on me.
Shakerag was the one that used the triple bus, AND something that caused Egan to fail.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2022, 04:09:07 pm »

Shakerag probably is a roleblocker in his own right. Blocking Egan_BW who is a potential doctor, makes complete sense, since Shakerag learned his Ability.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2022, 04:09:36 pm »

Web, read Egan's claimed action, then re-,read glass lens from tric's flip. Egan did target Roden.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2022, 04:10:27 pm »

I lurk as scum for a different reason, which is that it stresses me out. In this case, I just... really don't care.

Replace?

The action I used which failed would have made any action Roden used unavailable on the following night.
The action I used on Shakerag N0 which made him see me as town has a different effect under certain (predictable) conditions, which would make it INSTEAD confirm one's own alignment to the target while protecting the target from kills and disables. Which would generally not be very helpful to scum.
What happens if your target uses a 1-shot?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2022, 04:12:17 pm »

As a reminder, i was blocked N0. The message I got was not the action failed Egan got. Egan's action failure makes sense for it interacting with Glass Lens.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2022, 04:12:53 pm »

Web, read Egan's claimed action, then re-,read glass lens from tric's flip. Egan did target Roden.
The action I used which failed would have made any action Roden used unavailable on the following night.
-(Info) (1-Shot, Night) Glass Lens [target]: You peer through a lens of truth - you learn your target’s alignment at the end of the next Day. While you possess this ability, the truth is bent, so investigative abilities you possess other than this one will fail when used. Fortunately, after this ability is used, it is destroyed.
Nothing is inconsistent, would you like to try again?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2022, 04:15:32 pm »

Hold on, Glass Lens says it makes investigative abilities fail, and Egan's claimed action wasn't investigative? Unless I missed something -- no, webadict just pointed out the same thing. I'll post this anyway just for the public record.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2022, 04:16:24 pm »

Web, re-read your own quote.

When this ability is used, it is destroyed.

Egan's action was invalid because it targeted a destroyed action.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2022, 04:17:39 pm »

That's fucky-wucky, but I guess it makes sense.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2022, 04:20:09 pm »

Web, re-read your own quote.

When this ability is used, it is destroyed.

Egan's action was invalid because it targeted a destroyed action.
That's a really weird and likely incorrect interpretation of how that would work. I mean, just because the Ability is destroyed doesn't mean anything. Roden would still be unable to use that Ability, especially if it was destroyed. So, I'm gonna say that there's an entirely other reason that Egan's ability failed, so you can promptly suck a lemon. It works.

Hold on, Glass Lens says it makes investigative abilities fail, and Egan's claimed action wasn't investigative? Unless I missed something -- no, webadict just pointed out the same thing. I'll post this anyway just for the public record.
And not only that, it's only investigative Abilities that RODEN possesses.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 13, 2022, 04:21:05 pm »

Either that, or you can just assume Egan_BW is scum and that Roden is also his partner.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 13, 2022, 04:21:43 pm »

Egan, glass lens is public knowledge, please pm FoU and ask what would have happened if you targeted someone that used Glass Lens with your delayed action disable. The reason to PM the question is so you can use specific action names accurately.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2022, 04:24:15 pm »

Plus, the interpretation stands: Shakerag didn't claim two Actions.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54