Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23718 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2022, 05:34:10 pm »

So web, do you really think this is town Knightwing? You don't get the impression that he isn't trying very hard? I'll weight your opinion pretty highly on this.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2022, 05:36:01 pm »

@FoU: what happens if a roleblock is redirected to the user of the roleblock?
The user of the roleblock would be roleblocked. The roleblock cannot block itself, as it would already have resolved, but if the user used additional actions that night, they could be prevented by the block.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2022, 05:44:16 pm »

@FoU: If they had no other actions for the night, would they have been notified that they were roleblocked, or that their roleblock succeeded?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2022, 05:47:38 pm »

@FoU: If they had no other actions for the night, would they have been notified that they were roleblocked, or that their roleblock succeeded?
Both. They did perform their action, and the interference that came about from that action occurred after the action resolved.

It's janky and weird, but I do think it's the most logical interpretation of how that works out.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2022, 05:48:28 pm »

Thank you.

Was anyone at all roleblocked last night? Including yourself Knightwing?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2022, 05:58:13 pm »

I verify web was not roleblocked, because I got a message from web.
Jim verifies Max was not roleblocked, because jim got a gift from max.
Max verifies Jim was not roleblocked, because jim tracked roden correctly before shake claimed the redirect.
Jim verifies Shake was not roleblocked, because jim tracked roden correctly through the redirect.
Shake verifies I was not roleblocked, because Shake got my message.
Jim verifies Roden was not roleblock, because jim tracked roden to shake.
Egan claims action failed (unverified)
Knightwing claims roleblock on max (unverified)

nobody claims to have been roleblocked, and the kill did not occur last night.

@FoU: Can a redirect be roleblocked, or does the redirect act faster than the roleblock can block it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2022, 06:02:43 pm »

So web, do you really think this is town Knightwing? You don't get the impression that he isn't trying very hard? I'll weight your opinion pretty highly on this.
Tough call... I mean, I just don't see Knightwing claiming a roleblock like this as scum. It seems very silly. We could vote him out, but I'm not entirely sure. If he didn't roleblock someone, then either he's lying or the Mafia didn't kill. If he did roleblock someone, then the Mafia aren't going to claim it.

Maybe Knightwing is scum, but if he's scum, then where's the kill? It's not an easy solution.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2022, 06:12:44 pm »

Hmmm... Alright, I am in favor of No Execute or whatever. Actions don't make complete sense yet, so thinking too much about it will be pointless.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2022, 08:17:02 pm »

Well, either I roleblocked max or I got redirected and didn’t get told about it

Also Max get off me, you try to get me voted out every game, just because I touch grass doesn’t mean I’m mafia

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2022, 08:20:49 pm »

Also Max get off me, you try to get me voted out every game, just because I touch grass doesn’t mean I’m mafia
did you get a "your action was successful" type of message?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2022, 08:38:28 pm »

No, just that I performed it

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2022, 08:41:30 pm »

after checking my own action, which I know went through because of Shake's response, I can verify that I got a "you performed your action" kind of message. so that works for me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2022, 08:50:39 pm »

Uh, to be fair, in several of those games, you are, in fact, Mafia.

But, also, you don't get told when you're redirected.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2022, 09:00:52 pm »

True, but Max is wrong this time! 👍

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2022, 09:35:58 pm »

I also got a "you performed your action" message despite the Redirect.

Also Web, is there any particular reason why you're downplaying the ability I stole as "manipulate actions randomly"? It specifically says you can remove the "evil" passive but then randomize who they target that night. It's also a free action, so it can even be done at night along with another action, can't be blocked, and it can be assumed that the player affected doesn't know if it happens. Like yes it's random but it's not just random. I think an undetectable randomized Redirect that can't be traced back to the user is pretty manipulative?

Also what was the message that was intended for me? It seems important enough that Lenglon wanted to cooperate with me today despite our argument yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54