Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23399 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (9 / 9) - Day 1 - Opening Act
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2022, 03:47:46 pm »

Ok everyone is pussyfooting around, so let's see about breaking this game.

I'm immune to night kill actions from Shakeragian roles.  The fact that my roles states this specifically probably implies:

1) Shakeragian roles (outside of myself) are scum
2) There are a mix of town and scum roles that are both Shakeragian and have killing abilities
3) There are just town roles with killing abilities that are also Shakeragian.  I think this is the least likely.

Also, now for more fun stuff.  I get 1-shot copies of all non-kills used on me.  So not only can I use two actions tonight, but I can also give someone the ability to use 2 actions on N2.  Although my one-shot copy I received has an interesting other effect that is making me consider saving it for N2. 

Actually, wait.

omfg I just read that in more detail.  Egan_BW is confirmed town to me.  There is no way in hell scum would have this ability. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2022, 03:53:15 pm »

Okay, so you have given me no extra information because I already believe Egan_BW is Town.

Also, Maximum Spin is probably also your other Shakeragian role.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2022, 03:53:27 pm »

Also my role implies there are actions in the game that can remove roles from other players, because I have a protection against that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2022, 03:57:36 pm »

Cool story because I can definitely remove roles as well.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2022, 03:57:52 pm »

Also, Maximum Spin is probably also your other Shakeragian role.

Hmm, I see.  That's a decent probability.  Could be the biggest, dumbest scumslip ever.  Could be accidentally outing a lovers pair or masons though too. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2022, 03:58:17 pm »

Actually roles or abilities?  I misspoke earlier. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2022, 03:59:30 pm »

First one, then the other.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2022, 04:02:31 pm »

First one, then the other.

You ok over there?  You seem preoccupied. 

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2022, 04:22:12 pm »

On second thought, Lenglon due to the amount of claimed role thieves I’m gonna stay silent on that

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2022, 04:27:54 pm »

As this is going nowhere fast. A question to everyone, who would you daykill right now? (If you had the ability.) I pick Roden for being silent. (Not really, but eh.) More Lenglon for fishing things up rather than analyzing posts, though to be fair we are in RVS despite a Night 0. Focusing on mechanics alone won't work when there is no kill actions on that night.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2022, 04:29:01 pm »

Knightwing, that's perfectly fair. I figured I'd ask just in case, but I understand wanting to keep it private.

Do you mind explaining why you used a roleblock on the night when no kills can happen?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2022, 04:37:43 pm »

Also, now for more fun stuff.  I get 1-shot copies of all non-kills used on me.  So not only can I use two actions tonight, but I can also give someone the ability to use 2 actions on N2.  Although my one-shot copy I received has an interesting other effect that is making me consider saving it for N2. 

Actually, wait.

omfg I just read that in more detail.  Egan_BW is confirmed town to me.  There is no way in hell scum would have this ability.

Damn, that's busted and I got lucky hitting you with that. Unless you're scum.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2022, 04:44:30 pm »

As this is going nowhere fast. A question to everyone, who would you daykill right now? (If you had the ability.) I pick Roden for being silent. (Not really, but eh.) More Lenglon for fishing things up rather than analyzing posts, though to be fair we are in RVS despite a Night 0. Focusing on mechanics alone won't work when there is no kill actions on that night.

Probably myself for clearly being complacent due to people townreading me, which is what I'd do as scum. But is it cheating to be able to read my own mind? TRuth be told I'm just not quite as energized as at the start of BYOR 2 for reasons of, y'know, psychology and stuffs.

For a real answer, possibly max speen, who hasn't posted much more than a very vague claim. But it'd be a dumb stoopid role to be forced to dayshoot someone at this exact moment, I mean that makes someone barely even have a chance to play the game, man.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2022, 04:50:43 pm »

Right now? either Rhoden or Max, and I'd not be willing to shoot shakerag, egan, web, or you. If you had me pick a third shot it'd be Jim I think.

Of course, if you let me kill as many as I want, I'd daykill everyone but Egan and Shake, and declare what i was doing when I did it. then since there'd probably be at least one kill-immune scum if that ability was in the game, there'd still be three town alive to vote them out.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2022, 05:03:14 pm »

Knightwing, that's perfectly fair. I figured I'd ask just in case, but I understand wanting to keep it private.

Do you mind explaining why you used a roleblock on the night when no kills can happen?

I wanted to use a ability becaus I didn’t get to before
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 54