Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107275 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"What is happening in Zanzibar Sector right now?" Eccite cocks her eyebrow. In that moment, the engineers who found the skeleton-in-the-box enter the room, and she looks at them, and gives them a nod toward the neons.

Then she turns back to you.

"So, Zanzibar, well, Zanzibar, is quite unstable. Federal Police has trouble with all kinds of bandits and pirates, the Centaurians from Pan-Centaurian Republic are rattling sabers against NGF because a, they want to keep their autonomy and b, they want stinky democracy out, and of course there's some EXO-Lumina marauders coasting about, doing all kind of nasty things to those they deem weak and outside the reach of nearest Fedpol patrol."

"...am I in danger, then?" Eccite shakes her head.

"You're behind Poseidonis, you're in an empty system, and you're outside the main interstellar network lanes. If someone wanted to assault your outpost, they would have to be really sneaky and really desperate to get their hands at your fuel. So yeah. Keep your head low and don't invite trouble, and you won't get any." Eccite's datapad makes a 'bee-bee-boop-boop' noise, and she leans away from it.

"And a report for Fedpol compiled as well. Aight, I gotta stop being a bureaucrat and start being an engineer again. Mwah!" Eccite stretches and jumps away from the counter without saying anything.

1236USY.3d/1m.0140h

You watch as Eccite begins her work on the neons and sends out of the engineers away.

You sit at the bar, tending to it, with not a client in sight, and the engineers seem to be going about their work.

You check the sensors console; no traffic in system. Splendid opportunity to...

A) Retreat to your personal quarters and explore the depths of self!
B) Read some Captain Zirconius again!
C) Look around the outpost for the missing toolbox and other stuff, maybe it was just misplaced!
D) Read on and about some bartending trivia!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

D - I'm sure there'll be something about Employee Classes in there somewhere

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Determine if Bartenders are entitled to Free Drinks as well.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

D
Yeah, lore's fun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

C! We need our crescent wrench!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You decide to read some bartender trivia, trying to find information on Employee Classes.

1236USY.3d/1m.0220h

Such information isn't very deeply hidden.

There are two Employee Classes in Synthol Refueling Conglomerate Provisions Distribution Program: First Class Employees are all sorts of managerial, administrative and executive officers; Second Class Employees are bartenders, cargo handlers, janitors, secretaries, engineers, couriers and so on.

The program itself aims to support the poorest members of SRC worker strata by giving them free apartments, provided they do not own a living space already. Usually, this means they get to life rent-free at SRC venues; in houses adjacent to planet-side Outposts or on-board deep-space Outposts.

Another benefit of the SRC-PDP is that employess are free to 'sample' synthols (but not drink mixes) to a certain degree; Second Class Employees have 50% discount on one synthol shot per Universal Space Day, while First Class Employees are allowed one Synthol shot for free, also once a day.

Other parts of SRC-PDP include New Year gift packages for children of employees, free bio-med care system, and free cremation/recycling/soylent services for deceased SRC employees.

Well, now you know how Eccite got her drink for free!

If you're not mistaken, this means you're allowed a Synthol shot half-price a day! ...of course, when not on the job.

A) Start pondering the technical designation of 'not on the job' considering you're on-board SRC outpost full-time.
B) Read some bartending trivia of some different kind!
C) Check the station for the missing toolbox, it gotta be there somewhere, right?
D) Move to your quarters and explore yourself a bit more deeper than last time.
E) Go go Captain Zirconius Chapter 4!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

C
Why would we even want to drink that stuff? Let's be honest, it's probably awful for you. We are basically pushing cigarettes here.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, now we can go Ceeking the missing toolbox.
Yes I know that's a spelling mistake.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Alright, now we can go Ceeking the missing toolbox.
Yes I know that's a spelling mistake.
I seriously question your priorities for the actions taken. Why now do you do the sensible options after having pursued frivolous trivia?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Feeling that the toolbox must be somewhere on the station, you decide to look for it.

1236USY.3d/1m.0250h

You search through every nook and storage pit, every cabinet and every cargo box, every room and every maintenance shaft, but can't find any tools or toolboxes.

You wonder if its even still on the station.

You return to the bar, only to see Eccite and her engineers putting back neons' controls and panel back together. She looks at you briefly.

"Hey Arnold, we're almost done with the neon lights. Wanna preside over the activation?"

A) "Nah, I got some bartending lore learning to do."
B) "Nah, I got some fiction drama reading to do."
C) "Nah, I got to do some private, internal exploration to do."
D) "Sure, do I get to push the button then?"
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's see if our hands turn out to be curseD again.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

D. no fanfare, just a quick test and then see if theres anything we can help with.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 181