Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107290 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #480 on: October 16, 2022, 12:35:29 pm »

B - the maintenance team might be annoyed if we don't even know what broke and how.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2022, 12:45:43 pm »

B, and make a list of it while we’re at it just in case they can’t pull it from the computers themselves.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2022, 03:01:47 pm »

You did, on page 2, few posts under synthol listing :P

oh

B
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 16, 2022, 03:09:56 pm »

You decide to make a round around the station, checking for damage, maintenance errors and broken-down items.

1236USY.3d/1m.0110h

You finish your rounds.

You note down that Fuel Pump #10 is offline for six years now for no apparent reason. That Fuel Pump #9 was damaged by micrometeorite impact two days before your arrival and its docking mechanism is shot. That the neon lights in the main hall exploded when connected to the power grid, and that you installed a shoddy bypass to keep the main lightning on whilst other parts of station are on auxiliary lights. That the door control system in entirety of East Wing, serving Fuel Pumps #1, #2 and #3 has malfunctioned (and that several of their docking clamps are stuck in 'closed' position) and has been put on manual. That the door control's control panel has been fried accidentally.

And just in time, because the sensor console starts pinging!

Having nothing else to do, you enter the comand room to check it.

Sensors Station Alert! IFF beacon translation in progress...

Done!

"SRC-M Eureka", a Galena-class Engineering Barge, is approaching from the direction of Poseidonis Jump Gate.

SRC Credentials Broadcast received.

SRC Credentials confirmed: Priority Team Eureka en route to station.

Automated Arrival Report sent to SRC Regional Headquarters at Zanzibar IIIa.

Docking Port assigned: #8 (authority: Automated Refueling AI)

Estimated arrival time: 10 minutes.

You wonder if there's any reason to hail them.

A) Hail them anyway.
B) Just get yourself ready.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 16, 2022, 03:11:19 pm »

B
They're not here to chat, so let's get ready.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 16, 2022, 03:29:57 pm »

A, hail and transmit findings. It’ll at least let them know where and what to start with if they answer.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 16, 2022, 03:34:44 pm »

A
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 16, 2022, 04:09:02 pm »

You contact Eureka.

"Engineering Chief Eccite Muli here. Whom am I speaking with?"

"Arnold, bartender."

"Ah, the new guy. You've sent the maintenance request, hm. Yeah. I can see it would warrant priority tag from Zanzibar..."

"I have prepared a full log of damage that requires repair."

"Wait, you mean there's more broken shit on your outpost than just what the request is telling me?"

"Unfortunately, yes." There's a slight pause before the lady on the other side slowly inhales.

"...did you attempt any repairs by yourself?"

"Yes."

You hear a loud 'thud' on the other side of the hail.

"Okay, fine, alright, let's, let's do it. Send the logs so I can look at them. Eureka over."

You tap away on the console to send the logs.

1236USY.3d/1m.0113h

Eureka confirms receiving the logs.

You receive a hail few seconds later.

"Oh for fuck's sake, man! I have six people and four hours before I gotta make way for the outpost at Gamma Urquanii. This ain't, well, fuck, okay, maybe we can do it in four hours, but, man, why... buh! Eureka over."

What a pleasant woman.

You make your way to the bar.

1236USY.3d/1m.0121h

The security console notifies you that Eureka has docked with the outpost.

Soon enough, its crew enters the main hall through the gate; three men and one woman in jumpsuits, two men in spacesuits with their helmets off, and a tired looking lady in engineer's garb with a coat on her arms. She has short, white hair, green eyes and lips seemingly twisted in permament scowl.

She and her crew look over the main hall, which makes the white-haired woman put her hands on her waist in consternation.

"Right, Robert and Chim, you just start on the airlocks and docking clamps, then go for micrometeorite damage if you've got time. Tim and Lesbie, I want you two on the neons and I will join you after a talk with our bartender friend here. Kira and Arek, you two check the internals on the tenth pump, try to find out what's wrong, call me if its power couplings." The group responds with 'yes, chief!' and scatters; all, except the two engineers who begin accessing the neons control panels on the side, leave through the main gate.

The white-haired woman makes her way to the bar and takes a seat, staring at you with a curious mix of defeat and contempt in her eyes.

"Nice to meet you, Arnold. Eccite Muli." She extends her hand towards you, and you shake it in archaic greeting.

"Alright, so, first of all - first try to fix stuff on your own, then send a maintenance request, okay? Because, the SRC AI controls the schedules, not us, based on the maintenance requests sent over. Like, fuck, they should've told you when you got yourself employed. Whatever. So the clamps and door control, two hours at least for my boys, if the fuel pump was shot through then no way we can get it fixed today, but maybe its just hull damage, we will see, and the neons shouldn't take long unless the main power unit was fried... and if the side corridors are on auxiliary power, then that's quite possibly what it is, fuck... no idea about the tenth pump, it has given S'tivan issues too, uh, I hate deep space outposts, I really do, but what can you do, right? I can only hope four-four-six will actually not have any surprises for us today..."

A) Offer her a drink!
B) "I can assist your team if you're strapped for time."
C) Just nod along and let her talk.
D) Inquire about technical knowledge and acquisition of tools so that you can do proper repairs yourself.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 03:17:34 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 16, 2022, 04:13:11 pm »

How about option D) ask if/how we can get tools and training for future repairs. Save them a trip, maybe?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 04:17:06 pm by Dustan Hache »

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 16, 2022, 04:13:43 pm »

How about option D) ask if/how we can get tools and traininng for future repairs. Save them a trip, maybe?
+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 16, 2022, 04:15:56 pm »

Smart. Its an option now.
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 16, 2022, 04:18:34 pm »

oh yeah, one thing we probably shouldn't mention is that we did try to fix things ourselves and that's why the lights blew out, the door control panel fried, and the airlock's a mess...
or maybe we should if we want to watch the fireworks, but that doesn't seem the best idea

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 16, 2022, 04:27:00 pm »

D

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 16, 2022, 07:42:45 pm »

Definitely would like to actually know how to fix things, and have at least some proper tools to do so. They probably have at least a couple old hand tools on excess to give us...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 17, 2022, 01:07:19 am »

D
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 181