Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107212 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

bartendinv trivia might serve us better. Maybe learn a few new drinks.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You continue reading on the bartending network and life support schematics.

1236USY.3d/1m.0903h

When the sensors console starts pinging, you bookmark the chapter you're at. You're 20% done reading SRC Life Support Schematics.

You get to the command center to check who's approaching the Outpost, just in case.

Sensors Station Alert! IFF beacon translation in progress...

Done!

"Heracles-14", Green-class Frigate, approaching from direction of Poseidonis Jump Gate.

Docking request received.

Docking Airlock assigned: #9 (authority: Automated Refueling AI)

Estimated arrival time: 5 minutes.

You can't think of anything to do for five minutes, really, so you just wait it over.

1236USY.3d/1m.0908h

Shortly after the console informs you that Heracles-14 has docked with the Outpost, you feel the hull gently vibrate underneath your feet.

It passes after a split-second.

Soon enough, the main gate opens and a quartet of Fedpol officers marches in. They're led by a blonde-haired man with sparkling blue eyes and a grin.

"Hello, little drone. I'm Lieutenant Francis Pollio. These are Lieutenants Malbrick, Veniu and Chang-An." His fellow officers nod to you one by one. "You must be Bartender Arnold, right?"

"Right."

"Splendid." He says with annoyance in his voice, and turns to the three others. "Use the passcodes we've received and access the fuel pump. Standard scans. If its either S'tivan or Miss Gloria, ping me immediately. Either way, prepare for extraction of remains and transfer to the Heracles. I will in-question the drone and do paperwork in here."

The trio of officers nod and leave from whence they came, as the blonde officer smirks and sits down at the counter.

"Okay. First of all, kill the music please. Loud noises annoy me."

A) Turn off the music.
B) "Sorry, the music has to stay on. Company's policy."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

A - Yessir

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You tap away at the console, turning off the music.

"Good. Gotta be professional in here." He takes out datapad and reads it briefly.

"Okay, let's do the thing. You are a Drone-by-birth, and upon receiving citizen rights you've self-designated yourself with name 'Arnold', you were employed by SRC on Year 1235, Day 32, Month 10, and arrived on SRC Outpost 254831 exactly at 0 hours two days later, that is Year 1236, Day 1, Month 1?"

"All correct."

"Have you had any prior knowledge about this outpost and events that happened on it before your arrival?"

"No."

"Have you personally accessed the fuel pump where the skeletal remains were found?"

"No."

"Have you informed any civilian media, non-SRC personnel, or outpost patrons, about the skeletal remains inside the fuel pump?"

"No, no and no, haven't had the chance yet."

"Good. Were there any individuals on board when you arrived or any ship within Beta Carotenii system during that time?"

"No."

"Have there been any signs of tampering with the station's internal sensors?"

"Yes. Chief Eccite Muli found an issue with them, they were manually adjusted before my arrival, and she had them reset." Lieutenant Pollio raises his left eyebrow in mild surprise.

"Really? She didn't mention that in the report we've received. Do you know the extent of the tampering or maybe Mrs.Muli informed you about it?"

"No and no. And returning to previous question, I wish to clarify that Chief Muli discovered the sensor issue after she sent a report to the Federal Police."

"Are you sure about it?"

"Yes. I was here, and she was seated at the bar counter and filed the reports in front of me and sent them. It was around one-forty tonight." Pollio thinks briefly, then types something on the datapad.

"Okay, time checks out. Next question is..." He types again and reads the datapad some more. "Have you personally inspected the fuel pump where the skeletal remains were found?"

"You've already asked this question." The blonde lieutenant looks at you, then at the datapad, and blushes - his face quickly takes on a deep red coloration, from his chin almost to the tips of his ears.

"Sorry, I meant, uh, I meant to ask... have, have you seen any signs of fighting or struggle on board the station outside of the fuel pump where the body is, was, found?"

"No." Pollio clears his throat.

"Right, and there has been nothing on security sensors about illegal weapons on board, weapon discharges or structural damage caused by weapons?"

"No, there was no alerts of such kind." Pollio types something on the datapad, thinks briefly and puts it down.

"Thank you for, for your cooperation, Arnold."

1236USY.3d/1m.0918h

The silence is deafening, and for the most of the past minute Lieutenant Pollio has been scratching at his ear. His blush is slowly fading away.

A) "Want a drink?"
B) "Can I turn the music back on, now that we're done?"
C) "Something on your mind?"
D) "You've mentioned S'tivan before, you guys are still looking for him, right?"
E) "You've mentioned someone called Gloria, who's that?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

C, but do it in a flirty way!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"Something on your mind?"

"Yeah. No, I mean... no."

A) "Alright. Want a drink?"
B) "You've mentioned S'tivan before, you guys are still looking for him, right?"
C) "You've mentioned someone called Gloria, who's that?"
D) "Can I turn the music back on, now that we're done?"
E) CHATTY: "Hey, you've made a little mistake, but you shouldn't think too much on that. No officer's perfect, you know?"
F) FLIRTY: "Hey handsome, it is okay to make mistakes, and if you're feeling anxious - how about I take care of that?"
SigFlags!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

E.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

E is good.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

CHATTY: "Hey, you've made a little mistake, but you shouldn't think too much on that. No officer's perfect, you know?"

"Ah, thanks, but dispense with the fake personality." He grumbles a little bit.

"I mean... if you can."

A) "Can I turn the music back on, now that we're done?"
B) "You've mentioned S'tivan before, you guys are still looking for him, right?"
C) "Alright. Want a drink?"
D) "You've mentioned someone called Gloria, who's that?"
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

B

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

C

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

C. Just to help em relax.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"Alright. Want a drink?" Lieutenant Pollio looks at you briefly, then grimaces.

"Sorry, but I'm on the job right now... maybe when my space-side shift is over."

A) "You do not reside permamently on Poseidonis Fedpol's station?"
C) "You've mentioned someone called Gloria, who's that?"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 181