Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107262 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

C
Even if he's not talkative (and he ain't), info on the outside world is always good to have.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"How's it out there, Captain?" The bearded man grumbles.

"Ain't nothing but the void, what did you expect?" He sips some more of his sugary drink. "Except the Feds clamoring to end salvaging of wrecks. Cuz its disturbing resting places and such. A corpse is a corpse; a wreck is a wreck. Neither last much in the void, might as well strip them outta what's valuable, you know?" He takes a swig of his drink.

"All them planetsiders being 'ooooh, great Federation, great laws', what piece of shit, you know? They're already living in their fancy towers on their fancy terraformed worlds, so they care not for those living out there, without planetside lover, without planetside house, trudging through space to make a living. They demand 'honorable burials' and 'preservation of tragic battles' and how many of them will actually make the trip to attend those burials and honor those battlefields filled with junk metal and frozen corpses, huh?" He speaks rather fast and you wonder if you poked the 'chat' button on Captain's brain by accident.

"Them Feds serving nothing but to clamp down on the lives of spacegoers. I don't need a law in here. I have my crew and we have our arsenal of plasma disruptors to deal with them boarders, you know? But, eh, whatever. If everything goes wrong in them space laws, there's always cargo to haul. Nobody ever went wrong with hauling containers. It ain't the most profitable of jobs, but it is a job." He tilts the glass and puts it down, nothing but bits of ice remain inside.

A) "Want another drink?"
B) "So you don't like the New Galactic Federation?"
C) "So you and your crew salvage spaceship wrecks?"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 03:36:25 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Another drink will keep him talking I'm sure

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"Want another drink?"

"Hrm, sure. Make me a Startini, kid."

You haven't heard that one before, so you type the drink's name into bartending console to search for it in the SRC Net.

Connecting...

Connecting...

Connecting...

Failed to connect to the Drink Mix Database.

Retry? Y/N

This hasn't happened in a while.

A) "So you don't like the New Galactic Federation?"
B) "Your ship is named '99', is that a reference?"
C) "So you and your crew salvage spaceship wrecks?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A and retry connection.
If it fails again, we'll just have to explain the SRC Net isn't great here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

... how about D, "Sure, what's in a Startini? My database connection's slow, I'll get it to you faster if you can tell me."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A and retry connection.
If it fails again, we'll just have to explain the SRC Net isn't great here.
+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"So you don't like the New Galactic Federation?" The Captain scoffs.

"Is not that I do not like them. It is that they wish to feel important and pick their noses into everybody's business. Stamping laws and directives all over the place. And you know where their Galactic Council is? On Tau Ceti IV. That's like six regions over. Almost eighty jumps away from here. Their representative for Zanzibar and other regions is on Caduceus Prime, exactly ten jumps from your outpost! They interfere, they complain, and they want all to follow their rules and regulations. Typical bureaucrat behavior. I get sour taste on the mere mention of those datapadders. I want my Startini, where is it?"

Connecting...

Done!

Queries: startini

>1 recipe found:

STARTINI: 106c

3 Shots of Grapevine
Shot of Saproot

Serve in a cocktail glass with lemon slice.

"Right here, Captain." You say as you quickly pour some Saproot and then add all the Grapevine, the resultant mix slowly settling on a dark pink color, and you adorn the glass with a cut lemon slice. The Captain eagerly takes the cocktail glass, letting you scan his credchip in the meanwhile. (+106c)

Today Earnings: 181c
Monthly Earnings: 1678c

Captain Azares takes a sip of his drink and then lets out a rather happy 'aarrgh!'

"That's more like it, kid. Thanks."

A) "Do you think it would be better if the Federation was more decentralized, then? More locally governed?"
B) "So you and your crew salvage spaceship wrecks?"
C) "Your ship is named '99', is that a reference?"
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 10:58:24 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

A. Knowing federation politics is important as it may affect us later.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 181