Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107268 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

press button. carefully.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You nod and approach the bartending console.

Eccite and her team finish closing up the panels. Eccite points her engineering pad at the neons, clicks on it several times, and then nods.

"Okay. Arnold, turn them on." You push the button.

4*

The neons light up, all of them - the horizontal bars on wall edges, the vertical columns, the big sign above your bar, and the small ovals around the disco area. Eccite and her engineers look at the last ones.

"Alright, if all goes well these should be pulsating along with rhythm of the music. Arnold, music please?" You start the music subroutine and wait for the computer to fire up the noise.

The music begins on heavy note, as Eccite and her team look at the ovals.

The ovals do not pulsate with rhythm of the music at all.

"Well, there's a problem. Alright. Arnold, neons off please." You turn the neon lightning off while Eccite points her engineers to various parts of the bar area, herself moving to the control panel.

Soon enough she begins opening it again. Their work is not yet done, it seems.

Doesn't look like they need your help, either.

A) Time for more bartending lore!
B) Time for more Captain Zirconius!
C) Time for more self-exploration!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You decide to read some bartending lore.

1236USY.3d/1m.0309h

You don't get too far into reading about the prevalence of sweet mixes over sour, bitter or spicy ones, when you suddenly hear the sensors console alarm.

Some ship must be approaching the station.

A) Eh, we're in middle of repairs, a potential customer won't like the noise and stuff.
B) Time to hail the ship! I should let Eccite and her engineers work in peace, though.
C) Time to hail the ship! I will have Eccite and her team clear the bar, too.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

B - is this the "Hi I have engineers doing their thing, but feel free to come in for a drink anyway" option?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

B.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You go for the security console to check the incoming ship.

Sensors Station Alert! IFF beacon translation in progress...

Done!

"99", Melchior-class Armed Merchantship, approaching from direction of Poseidonis Jump Gate.

Standard docking and refueling request received.

Fuel Pump assigned: #6 (authority: Automated Refueling AI)

Estimated arrival time: 20 minutes.

You send them a hail.

It is picked up almost immediately.

"Captain Mon Azares here."

"Hi, Bartender Arnold speaking, the outpost is crewed and our synthol machines are working, if you want refreshments."

"Hm, sure. We will disembark for a shot or two. Ninety-nine out."

That sounded like a very unenthusiastic middle-aged man who dislike being distracted from his work.

Still, there's about twenty minutes before they arrive!

A) Ask Eccite about whether they can finish working on the neons before the arrival of 99 and offer to help if that will speed it up.
B) Resume reading bartender trivia on sweet and sour drink mixes.
SigFlags!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Asist in dismantling the bar!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

It does seem like we're about to get our hAnds full again...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

A plan is needed, but I don’t see any better.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You seek out Eccite and her team.

"Hey, I'm having customers soon, can I help you with the neons so they're ready when the customers arrive?" Eccite scrunches her nose briefly.

"Eh, well, sure, I mean, we could, yeah, we could use some extra hands here. Hold this for now." She hands you a power wrench.

1236USY.3d/1m.0325h

6*

Guided by Eccite and her engineers, you correctly replace the plasma breaker and help install a new auxiliary conduit and even have time to twist the control panel clamps a bit tighter.

You return to the bartending console and turn the neons back on while Eccite's team spectates. Everything turns on, and the corner-ovals pulsate with blues and reds in rhythm of the music.

"Neat, we're done here then. We will go assist the guys on the hull damage. I will call you through comms if we need anything." Eccite waves briefly as her team packs their tools and leaves through main gate.

You check the time - 0326 - so there's little reason to not just tend the bar!

1236USY.3d/1m.0330h

Shortly after security console notifies you that 99 has docked, the main gate opens and a crew of six enters, making their way to the bar. Five men in jumpsuits and a guy in captain's jacket and hat. He has short, thick grey beard and hair, tanned skin and a scar going across his forehead.

He sits down at the bar and his crewmen do the same.

"Alright kid. Five shots of Grenadiere and five shots of Wóda, and fast." He taps the counter with his large, rugged hand.

You quickly begin fixing the shots, putting Wóda after Grenadiere after Wóda in a white-and-pinkish line. The crewmen of 99 take their shots, two each, and venture away from the counter to lounge at the tables, some of them nodding along with the music. The Captain shows his credchip and lets you scan it. (+75c)

Today Earnings: 75c
Monthly Earnings: 1572c

Quote from: New Patron ID obtained!
Patron ID: Mon Azares
Conv.style: CHILLY
Liked Drinks: SWEET
Disliked Drinks: SOUR

"You new here." Captain Azares muses. "Ain't have seen you here before."

CHOOSE YOUR REPLY:

A) "Since new year."
B) CHATTY: "I am new here, yeah, once I became a liberated Drone I've decided to get a job somewhere with people innit!"
C) FLIRTY: "I hope your eyes are enjoying the view, because I sure am, my dear Captain~"
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

A
I suspect this fellow is not one to talk.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Conv.style: CHILLY

Yeah, our social repertoire isn't going to help us much here.

A
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"Since new year."

"Oh, hrm. Well ya know your way around the bar." He rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Alrighty, get me Asteroids."

Fortunately, you already know the recipe, so you quickly pour some Martian and Sucrosol synthols over crushed ice in a tank glass, and serve it to Captain Azares. He nods in approval and lets you scan his credchip again. (+71c)

Today Earnings: 146c
Monthly Earnings: 1643c

The Captain downs half the drink in one go, then puts the glass down.

He doesn't seem to be a conversation starter much.

A) Idly tend the bar, the customer will talk when the customer feels like talking.
B) "You're a merchant captain?"
C) "How's it out there, captain?"
D) "Your ship is named '99', is that a reference?"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 181