Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107274 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"You want a drink?" Eccite looks at you briefly, then back at her datapad.

"Sure. Skinjuice." You nod and pour her a shot of Skinjuice. She lets you scan her credchip, of course.

There's a beep.

Quote from: Bartending Console
SRC Employee First Class ID confirmed.
Synthol purchase reimbursed.

No good deed goes unpunished, it seems. Eccite downs the shot in one go, puts the glass down, and returns to typing out her reports on her datapads.

A) Offer to help her engineers out! They have the knows, you have the hands - this can only end well!
B) Ask about Employee Classes and synthol reimbursement.
C) Ask if she knows about the transmission spam from the local satellite.
D) Ask about info on current affairs within Zanzibar Sector.
E) Ask about your mysterious predecessor, bartender S'tivan.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 05:42:06 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Eh, C.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"Do you know anything about the transmission spam from the local satellite?" Eccite perks up.

"Oh, what now, what transmission spam?"

"There's a science satellite orbiting Beta Carotenii I, the gas giant. At about 1504 hours, it is sending transmission spam that clogs my communications for a while. Nothing dangerous - I think - but highly annoying." Eccite props her chin on her fist, and spends few moments thinking.

"I don't remember whose satellite it is, but I think its some research and development corp? I will send a note about that to someone in Zanzibar to get that stuff checked. In the meanwhile, I would suggest changing your subspace radio frequency to something else, did you try that already?"

"Yes, to S-MAIN."

"And?" You shrug.

"No idea, did that yesterday, will see today if that prevents the comms block." Eccite nods, and returns to her reports.

"Good luck."

A) Ask about your mysterious predecessor, bartender S'tivan.
B) Offer to help her engineers out! They have the knows, you have the hands - this can only end well!
C) Ask about info on current affairs within Zanzibar Sector.
D) Ask about Employee Classes and synthol reimbursement.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

B. All other issues can wait for a different time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

Hell naw, we're not getting in these guys' way.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Hell naw, we're not getting in these guys' way.
Worst case we are already doing so, and they can thusly use our incompetence as a excuse for the delays. At best they can guide us through some of the fixes we will need to learn, and thusly improve ourselves while we wait for a tools and diagrams delivery.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A
dude, do you want to end up another skeleton wedged in the skeleton box

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

A

They're gonna give us more tools, a manual, that sort of thing. Better to stay clear for now… we'll read up on station maintenance afterward, and maybe we can help out the next time these folks visit.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

yeah no we're not getting skeletonized. A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"So I was wondering... did you know my predecessor? The mysterious S'tivan."

"Oh, a Caninoid. You know, fluffy tail, canine ears, a gene-mod by birth. He was your predecessor right when EXO-Lumina's mercenary fleet were waging war in Zanzibar. He had it rough in here, but I think the local Exofficer had a soft spot for him, and he for her. One way or another he avoided getting kidnapped or forced into slavery."

"Obviously, he isn't a bartender anymore." Eccite rolls her eyes.

"Ah, yeah, you didn't hear that story. Well, one day he decided he likes his corporate lady more than our corporate ladies, so he decided to abandon the outpost."

"We can leave at any time."

"Yeah. But before he left, he invited his EXO-Lumina girlfriend and her buddies over and they siphoned the fuel tanks dry. Like, there's enough fuel in these tanks to support a battle squadron for a month's worth of operations. SRC accounting estimated five million credits of loss from that alone, not to mention they had to buy and transport new fuel to refill the tanks when they found the new bartender for this outpost." Eccite shrugs.

"As far I know, Fedpol is still searching for S'tivan. Well, if anyone's asking me, he's either already several sectors away from here, or got dumped, or worse, by his EXO-Lumina girl and her friends, when war turned bad for them. Probably the latter, someone would hear something already if he was still alive. So moral of the story for you is, don't get hooked with crazy chicks in power, and don't steal corporate shit." The Chief types something on her datapad.

"Well, these are almost done..." She muses to herself.

Eccite will soon move on to help rest of the crew with their work.

A) Ask about info on current affairs within Zanzibar Sector.
B) Offer to help her engineers out! They have the knows, you have the hands - this can only end well!
C) Ask about Employee Classes and synthol reimbursement.
D) Ask about... (insert topic you might find important here)
SigFlags!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 181