Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 168

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 82908 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #2430 on: June 09, 2024, 03:50:57 pm »

"Your eyes were just blinking, should I worry about that or not?" Elim smiles.

"No, not at all. I was establishing a connection with the sensors on board the Or to check on the approaching ship. That is all." Take sips his mix, eyeing his android husband thorough the explanation.

A) To Elim: CHATTY: "So Take earlier mentioned that you cannot drink. Are you not equipped with a digestive system?"
B) To Elim: CHATTY: "You are able to establish connections with remote interfaces?"
C) To Take: CHATTY: "I have a vague feeling that you alone are drinking for both of you."
D) To both: CHATTY: "So, how long have you two been happily married?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: June 09, 2024, 04:21:12 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: June 10, 2024, 10:00:16 am »

"You are able to establish connections with remote interfaces?"

"Yes, through the connection between the connection relay and the central processing unit. Do you have a wetware chip or some other augmentation like that?"

"I do have one, yeah."

"You're then probably not receiving any open ports on the station's hardware. Probably your parent corporation does not allow remote control of devices by its staff. A precaution, maybe?" As Elim speaks, you hear a ping on the security console.

"I wouldn't know, really, never talked with anyone on such topics before." You explain to the android, and he nods.

"You should check with your administrator, or manager, or whoever that's responsible for the systems on board the station."

"Technically, I am, as I am the sole employee of SRC here." Elim considers your words, then shrugs.

"Well, maybe you should check your administrative priviledges. Or something within, what they call it, Automated Interface the SRC outposts have--"

1236USY.10d/1m.0331h

The main gate opens, and yours - and the boys' - heads turn that way.

Maria comes in through, wearing a plain, grey jumpsuit, which clings to her body snugly, just like the one she wore last time. But neither Elim nor Take pay much attention to her figure. In fact, Take soon returns to his drink, although his android husband stares at Maria for a bit longer as she walks to the counter.

"Hello boys~ Are you here only for the drinks, or perhaps for some candy as well~?" Maria's flirty line makes your chip restless, but you silence it with a thought.

"Drinks." Elim says - and Take raises the glass in agreement. Maria lets out a little giggle.

"Was worth a try." She then seats herself at a stool, one apart from Elim.

"Hello Maria." You shuffle closer to your newest customer, and she grins.

"Hello Arnold. Nice to see you again."

"Likewise."

"One Red Desert please." You notice that Elim's eyes are going back and forth between you and Maria as you talk. Meanwhile, your fellow drone places her hands on the counter. You grab the tank glass and lean towards the replicator to start mixing.

"You said you're here for drinks but I see only one glass." Maria notes, turning her gaze at Elim and Take.

"I don't- and can't- drink."

"Oh, why so?"

"He doesn't have a stomach for it." Take chuckles, and his husband grins.

"Like he said, no biomass furnace. I'm a batteries-only boy." Maria lets out an 'ahhh' as you push the glass with deep-red mixture to her.

"An android boy."

"You're totally correct, miss Maria."

"Please, just Maria."

"I'm Take!" "Elim."

"Nice to meet you." Maria replies and they exchange polite smiles before she fishes out her small credchip from the pocket of her jumpsuit. She reaches with it towards you, and you scan it. (+146c)

Today Earnings: 509c
Monthly Earnings: 8340.5c

She takes a sip of the Red Desert.

A) To Elim: "You were saying about the outpost's interface, go on please?"
B) To take: "I have a vague feeling that you alone are drinking for both of you."
C) To Elim&Take: "So, how long have you two been happily married?"
D) To Maria: "How's 'out there' going for you?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 10:02:53 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: June 10, 2024, 10:01:40 am »

D

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: June 10, 2024, 10:27:54 am »

D.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: June 10, 2024, 11:42:45 am »

"How's 'out there' going for you?" Maria smiles and sets her drink down.

"Pretty good, I have to say. Money's coming, so is work. I've been to the most of the sector so far. I think I might be shortly moving on to another."

"Doesn't sound very reasonable, business-wise." Elim interjects, clasping his fingers over the counter's edge. "Apologies for being nosy, but I've seen your ship on sensors. It's better to set up a, let's say, routine area of work. Your prior clients might be willing to hire you again than pick at random."

"I am aware of that. I, however, would pretty much like to explore. I can always come back later."

"Hm, I guess so."

"Hey barkeep, I'm thinking Pink Lantern." At this, Elim whirls to his husband with a frown.

"No. That's over three hundred."

"Buuuut--"

"No buts, just because you have a liver augment doesn't mean you can blow your money on the expensive ones at every bar we dock." Maria stiffles a giggle at the banter, and sips her own mix.

"Oh, fine, you killer of joy, Startini please." Elim glances at you before letting out a sigh.

"Really now, you're taking 'drinking for two' too far." Maria giggles before leaning towards the duo.

"Oh, is his alcohol in-take really that big?" Elim snorts at this - all which makes Take glare at both of them.

"Startini, barkeep!" You quickly grab a cocktail glass and then pour the three shots of Grapevine and a shot of Saproot. Amber-y mix done, you push it to Take, who shows his credchip again. Beep-boop! (+106c)

Today Earnings: 615c
Monthly Earnings: 8446.5c

Both he and Maria sip their drinks in the same moment, Elim shaking his head for some reason.

A) To Elim: "You were saying about the outpost's interface, go on please?"
B) To Elim&Take: "So, how long have you two been happily married?"
C) To Take: "Ever considered name change to stop the jokes?"
D) To Maria: "You will be leaving Zanzibar?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 11:50:33 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: June 10, 2024, 12:11:24 pm »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: June 11, 2024, 02:23:18 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: June 12, 2024, 03:22:04 pm »

"You were saying about the outpost's interface, go on please?" Elim turns to you.

"Yes, I was saying. Check your administrative priviledges with the computers here, or perhaps check the Automated Interface if it can grant you priviledges. Depends on what kind of corpoware SRC is dealing with - it either lets its employees connect freely or will be very stingy with it."

"And how I go about doing that?" At this, Elim shrugs, and shakes his head.

"I never worked with SRC software and hardware, so your guess is as good as mine." Take sips his Startini, Maria sips her Red Desert - before she turns to look at Elim.

"You seem very knowledgeable about computers."

"Part of my pre-programming and retained software base. All units from my model's family were programmed with that, and much, much more."

"Really?"

"Really." Elim curtly replies. Maria purses her lips, perhaps considering pressing for more details, before occupying herself with her drink some more.

A) To Elim&Take: "So, how long have you two been happily married?"
B) To Take: "Ever considered name change to stop the jokes?"
C) To Maria: "You will be leaving Zanzibar?"
D) To Elim: "Come on, it cannot be anything top secret or dangerous... right?"
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 12, 2024, 03:48:40 pm »

C

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 13, 2024, 12:58:41 am »

C

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: June 13, 2024, 01:21:44 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 168