Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 104852 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #2340 on: May 28, 2024, 01:34:07 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 28, 2024, 01:59:51 pm »

"You can't taste it?"

"I HAVE LOST MY TONGUE DURING THE WAR." Kus says, smacks his lips, considering something. "I CAN BARELY TASTE SWEET OR SOUR SYNTHOL IN SOME SORT OF AFTERTASTE." The voicebox crackles as the hulking man takes few breaths.

"AND OF COURSE I CAN TASTE THE FIRE IN ALCOHOLS." Kus raises the glass towards you, then takes a sip - a huge success, no spillage.

A) "How did it happen?"
B) "I assume your scars and disfigurations are related to it?"
C) "I was going to ask about your battles, did one of them cause the loss of your tongue?"
D) Nod along.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 02:03:18 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 28, 2024, 02:02:46 pm »

D. Cease conversation.
This sounds like the point where we respectfully shut up.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 28, 2024, 02:03:29 pm »

I was forgetting something after all.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 28, 2024, 02:47:31 pm »

You nod along to that.

1236USY.9d/1m.1822h

Doesn't take long for Kus to finish the remainder of his third Space Dragon. He sets the glass down and pushes it to you. You collect it - and into the washer it goes.

"BEFORE I LEAVE TELL ME ONE THING BARTENDER IF YOU DO NOT MIND." Kus leans forward a bit, breathing heavily for a second. "WHERE DID YOU SERVE DURING THE WAR?"

A) "With the Delta Tauri Republic."
B) "I would rather not say."
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: May 28, 2024, 03:31:58 pm »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 28, 2024, 05:12:44 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 29, 2024, 12:04:00 am »

"With the Delta Tauri Republic." Kus thinks about it, and laughs - or rather his voice box does, no voice coming from the man himself. He is visibly laughing, at least.

"HAHARHAHRHAHRHARHARHARHAHAR." He shakes his head and then stands up.

"What's so funny about?"

"NOTHING EXCEPT THEY SAY THAT IF YOU MEET A FELLOW VETERAN-" He pauses to take a breath. "IN RANDOM FARAWAY PLACE, IT IS ONE OF YOURS."

"Wait, you were with Delta Tauri Republic?" Kus visibly laughs again.

"HARHARHAHAHRHAR NO ACTUALLY FIRST TIME I HEARD ABOUT THE PLACE." The man shrugs, grinning, and turns around. "SHOWS WHAT THEY KNOW, YES. GOOD DAY BARTENDER."

"Please come again." You say to the man's back as he slowly makes his way to and through the gate.

1236USY.9d/1m.1827h

You wait a while for the undocking ping to come but it does not. You have about two hours before you should be heading for sleep.

A) Trivia time!
B) Zirconius time!
C) Idle time!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 12:33:22 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: May 29, 2024, 01:00:50 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 29, 2024, 02:46:25 am »

D - Our sleep has been disrupted recently, perhaps an early night is a good idea?

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 29, 2024, 02:49:00 am »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 30, 2024, 03:36:40 pm »

You load up another episode of Zirconius, why not.

1236USY.9d/1m.1902h

The date is 666 United Space Year. Yarna Collins explains to Zirconius, Chester-Beta42 and Dr.Syarkova her plan - to meet with Ruolf Gopneek unofficially, in leisurely setting of his penthouse, offering the holovid of his goons in return for information on whomever it is that hired him to meddle in the investigation. Zirconius absolutely refuses to give this plan a green light, but Collins insists, saying that not only this will help the investigation but will allow her to get some closure on her uncle's death. Zirconius agrees, if Chester-Beta42 will be allowed to tag along as a bodyguard, something to which Collins agrees.
Yarna Collins makes a public console call to Gopneek's office, and details to him her offer - the evidence of his goons in exchange for information. Ruolf Gopneek thinks very little on it and agrees, giving Collins the codeword for his goons to let her pass through his compound unmolested. They agree to meet in three hours.
Meanwhile, Zirconius and Syarkova consider bugging the holovid chip itself, or at least implanting a cybervirus that will grant them small window to access Gopneek's secret data, if any. However neither has the knowledge nor skills to do so, and Zirconius calls a break. On his way to the Hyperion-3's canteen, he bumps onto a young man. He realizes its Milan Milan, who was given an unofficial position amongst the ship's maintenance crew by Chief Engineer Hota Jaxo after his rescue all the way back. Remembering that Milan is a computer jack, he outlines the virus problem to the kid, who says that he can get the holovid chip implanted with a cybervirus in five hours. Zirconius gives him half the time.
At his penthouse, Ruolf Gopneek is deep in thoughts when suddenly there comes a priority call to him from Galileo Station in Gamma Draconis - the priority call is from a young woman whom Gopneek recognizes as Crime Princess Marianna. She tells him that they cannot risk exposing themselves too soon, and to let Collins think that it is Gerard Hoekbaer, a minor but recognizable functionary in Ministry of Federal Treasury, who has ties to Centaurians and is behind all this. Gopneek closes the call, just as one of his henchmen enters his office, reporting that Yarna Collins and Chester-Beta42 have entered the lobby of his penthouse...

Thus ends Chapter 12.

If you're not mistaken, your sleep period is to begin within next two hours - the wetware chip embedded in your brain will remind you in about thirteen minutes, too.

A) Let's call it early then!
B) Nah, I can squeeze in one more episode of Zirconius!
C) Nah, I can squeeze in some bartending trivia articles!
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 30, 2024, 04:27:32 pm »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 181