Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 106657 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #2175 on: April 14, 2024, 03:45:15 am »

"What do you think the Federation will do about it?"

"Increase security, I guess. Negotiate with the locals in the meanwhile. Back in the centuries before Corp War, Federation had lots more teeth than nowadays."

"They've been around only two years. They're cautious. Take a generation or two, and they will sharpen their teeth for sure." Roand hums.

"Call me an idealist, but I don't think it will be that fast." Audrine harrumphs in return.

"Riiight. And tomorrow wormholes will become safe to travel through." She quips, takes a sip alongside Truang (who finishes his drink), while Roand shakes his head with a smile.

A) "So how was Alpha Midris before the Federation got back?"
B) "They've bombed a Fedpol HQ? How did they manage to do it?"
C) Nod in agreement and let the folks converse.
D) Ask the men if they need a refill or anything of the sort.
E) "You know anything about the Old Federation?"
F) "Wormholes, eh?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 14, 2024, 01:06:33 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 14, 2024, 03:50:22 pm »

"They've bombed a Fedpol HQ? How did they manage to do it?" Truang shrugs with a grin.

"Symphatizers, obviously. Some of the locals were working for Fedpol. I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier, honestly."

"A shot of Skinjuice, please." Roand interrupts the tale, and you quickly pour him some synthol. Beep-beep. (+10c)

Today Earnings: 931c
Monthly Earnings: 7068.5c

"Bless you." He says while taking a sip.

"I've heard that about one in four of Fedpols in Alpha Midris is a local citizen, so I assume this circle of violence and instability will continue for a while longer."

"Nothing to be surprised about?" Audrine interjects. "Imagine fighting your best against Exo-Lumina, finally getting a breather... and bam, new management comes in and first thing of all it lays down what you can do and what you cannot against what you've been told your whole life."

A) "So how was Alpha Midris before the Federation got back?"
B) Nod in agreement and let the folks converse.
C) Ask Truang and Aldon if they need a refill.
D) "You know anything about the Old Federation?"
E) "You've mentioned wormholes earlier."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 14, 2024, 04:16:56 pm »

C

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 14, 2024, 04:32:13 pm »

C
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 16, 2024, 12:58:03 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 19, 2024, 11:55:07 am »

"You two need a refill?"

"No thank you."

"Aldeba-" Aldon and Audrine exchange glances. "A shot of Skinjuice will do." You serve him a shot of the fruity beverage, and scan his credchip. (+10c)

Today Earnings: 941c
Monthly Earnings: 7078.5c

"I heard similar stories on the fringes of Tannhauser, and Gemini." Roand speaks up while Aldon takes a sip.

"Two sectors away, huh? I mean, Audrine is right, this is gonna smoulder for a very long while."

"The instability, you mean?" Truang nods to you.

"Alas, people wanted a quick change for the better but aren't too eager to give up everything they had before for it."

"History in the making, hopefully the future Path-Ways of the Federation are smoother."

"The Tannhauser is right next to the Centaurian holdings, though. All this instability might give the Centaurians just enough reason to try and stage an invasion. Or at least, a slave raid or something of the kind."

"Barbarians." Roand grimaces, and Truang shakes his head.

"They have been sitting rather silent for the past two years since the proclamation of the second Federation and reestablishment of Federal Police. Except of course sending agents in and rescuing their offcers out of Federal space. You know history, most wars begin with a single thing." Audrine grumbles.

"Okay, enough of this sad, gut-wrenching storytime. I'm drinking, can't you talk about something lighter?"

"Like what?"

"I dunno - something." Audrine shrugs, before drinking the remainder of her shot.

A) "How about space weather?"
B) "Wormholes, eh?"
C) "Want another shot, Audrine?"
D) "I want a history lesson on Old Federation!"
E) Nod in agreement.
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 19, 2024, 05:13:26 pm »

B.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 20, 2024, 01:11:07 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 20, 2024, 05:54:00 pm »

"Wormholes, eh?" Truang chuckles heartily at your sudden change of topic, while Audrine grins.

"Yeah, wormholes." Aldon shrugs.

"Gravitational anomalies, really. Nobody got through one and emerged alive on... on whatever the other end is. End of topic, no?"

"Doesn't mean some smart heads aren't trying. VaranCorp thinks there's the key to stabilizing them is through black hole generation. The Tanzanians think the answer can be found in gas giants or nebulas. EXO-Lumina thought you needed big enough explosion to open the wormhole for travel. The first two haven't even gotten off theory boards and the third failed spectacularly at Valhalla System."

1236USY.9d/1m.1241h

"Oh, bad for them." Audrine says and then she and Aldon react to a pinging noise on their belts.

"This late already, huh?" Aldon drinks the remainder of his shot.

"Boss' calling. You two remember we're leaving at 1330." Audrine explains and the two older men nod along.

"Wouldn't miss the departure, honest." Truang says as Audrine and Aldon make for the gate, without saying goodbyes to you.

A) "Tanzanians? As in, Tanzanian Astrophysics Union? They have a satellite in the system."
B) "What's VaranCorp about?"
C) "What did EXO-Lumina did, exactly? Besides, I assume, using lots of explosives?"
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 20, 2024, 07:51:10 pm »

A

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 21, 2024, 11:51:59 am »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 21, 2024, 01:34:34 pm »

"Tanzanians? As in, Tanzanian Astrophysics Union? They have a satellite in the system." Truang looks at you with curiosity.

"Really? Then again." He shifts in his seat a bit. "You do have a gas giant here."

"Yes, the only planet in Beta Carotenii."

"Never heard of this one being any sort of significant. I wonder why would they be interested in it." Roand hums.

"Helium for sublight thrusters? Exotic gases? Maybe something strange going on with its gas mantle." Truang shrugs.

"Or just mapping its outer layers. Not very exciting, but that's what astrophysicians and the sorts do." Roand nods along wordlessly, taking another sip of his shot, emptying the glass.

Just in time for the sensors console to start beeping out an alarm. Some ship is approaching the station.

It's going to be a busy day today, it seems.

A) "You two need anything to drink?"
B) "What's VaranCorp about?"
C) "What did EXO-Lumina did, exactly? Besides, I assume, using lots of explosives?"
D) Excuse yourself to check the sensors.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 181