Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 104857 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #1905 on: September 19, 2023, 09:30:07 pm »

B

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 20, 2023, 02:00:34 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 20, 2023, 03:42:24 am »

//3 Chapters in one day, I knew you guys would come to love the series <3

1236USY.8d/1m.2015h

The date is 666 United Space Year. Hyperion-3 exits through Jump Gate into the Gamma Utena, Centauri Sector. The small brown dwarf is orbited by two barren planets and ring of asteroids and minor planetoids between the two, something that Hyperion has to keep an eye on during its trip through the belt. At the inner edge of the belt is Gamma Utena Spaceport, one of the largest in Federation, as it was constructed enveloping third-largest planetoid in the belt. It is also the seat of Federal Regional Government and headquarters of Centauri Republican Party, which is pressing for stricter control of citizens' employment and migration (to curb crime and insurgency risks) and less industrial, bio-engineering and terraforming regulations (to promote economic growth and planetary development).
Once Hyperion-3 docks with the Spaceport, Yarna Collins asks Zirconius to lend her Chester-Beta42 as bodyguard, and Mikhaila Syarkova, as she did research on the communications core and read some logs personally. Zirconius acquiesces to the request, but orders Chester-Beta42 to keep an eye on Collins' activity. Collins then takes her two newfound companions on a trip to the Ground Sector, which is where most of Spaceport's crew has their quarters and suites. On the way there-

[SLEEP PERIOD HAS BEGUN. SEEK A PREFERABLY COMFORTABLE PLACE TO SLUMBER UNTIL 0215 TOMORROW. NEGLIGENCE TO THIS MIGHT CAUSE YOUR ORGANIC COMPONENTS TO BECOME INEFFICIENT.]

You shoo the alert away and check the holo-vid's length, and decide to go with it - there's less than twenty minutes of holo-media left for this episode.

1236USY.8d/1m.2031h

The date is 666 United Space Year. Hyperion-3 exits through Jump Gate into the Gamma Utena, Centauri Sector. The small brown dwarf is orbited by two barren planets and ring of asteroids and minor planetoids between the two, something that Hyperion has to keep an eye on during its trip through the belt. At the inner edge of the belt is Gamma Utena Spaceport, one of the largest in Federation, as it was constructed enveloping third-largest planetoid in the belt. It is also the seat of Federal Regional Government and headquarters of Centauri Republican Party, which is pressing for stricter control of citizens' employment and migration (to curb crime and insurgency risks) and less industrial, bio-engineering and terraforming regulations (to promote economic growth and planetary development).
Once Hyperion-3 docks with the Spaceport, Yarna Collins asks Zirconius to lend her Chester-Beta42 as bodyguard, and Mikhaila Syarkova, as she did research on the communications core and read some logs personally. Zirconius acquiesces to the request, but orders Chester-Beta42 to keep an eye on Collins' activity. Collins then takes her two newfound companions on a trip to the Ground Sector, which is where most of Spaceport's crew has their quarters and suites. On the way there, Collins is looking out for White Towers, a community for poorer and jobless station citizens, but only finds a large hydroponics park in its place. Chester-Beta42 inquires on the station network and finds out that Centauri Republicans have bought the White Towers, had them vacated and demolished and funded the park to 'provide green space for crew and administration' of the station. He has no information on the two thousand people who lived in White Towers, but Yarna has some dark thoughts. Meanwhile, unnoticed by the trio, a pair of security guards are keeping an eye on them from safe distance.
They finally arrive at their destination, Shaded Quarters 34-F3. She meets with her uncle, Humbert Collins, who was once Vice Chief of Internal Affairs on Poseidonis, and has taken upon investigative work as part-time private detective, part-time journalist on the net. They have a quick discussion about Centauri Republicans, criminal activity and corruption in the Federation, and that there are all indications that the incoming elections might be in danger. Before Humbert can explain more, the main door is opened and a black orb is thrown inside the quarters. Chester-Beta42 only has time to pull the others down as the pulse grenade explodes.

Thus ends Chapter 10.

You let out a loud yawn, stretch, and pace to the bar to take the music, lights, and the replicator consoles offline for the night.

Then you enter the Sleep Pod, get 'comfortable' and tap away at the console to set it for six hours cycle.

Congratulations! Bartender Arnold earned 787 Credits today! His monthly total so far is 6137.5c Credits!

A new day at Galactic Refueling Otupost 254831 begins...

1236USY.9d/1m.0215h

The sleep pod wakes you up and you leave. Finally, some good, uninterrupted sleep. You stretch and yawn, and go plug yourself to the food dispenser, paying little attention to the slurpy noises the tube attached to your body makes.

You finish up turning on the lights, preparing the synthol replicators and setting up the music.

You do not get time to ponder what to do next when you hear the familiar beep of the security console.

Some ship is en route to your Outpost!

A) Let us go and hail them!
B) It's too early for customers!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 20, 2023, 03:55:35 am »

//3 Chapters in one day, I knew you guys would come to love the series <3

If it were up to me Arnold would be reading Zirconius all the time.

...But anyway, let's hail the ship. We got work to do.

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 20, 2023, 04:20:20 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 20, 2023, 05:20:07 am »

You head to the command center and check the sensors.

Sensors Station Alert! IFF beacon translation in progress...

Done!

"Most Fortunate Occurence", Freedom-class Cargo Barge, approaching from direction of Madagascar Jump Gate.

Standard docking and refueling request received.

Fuel Pump assigned: #2 (authority: Automated Refueling AI)

Estimated arrival time: 25 minutes.

You go back in memory and this ship has been here before - it's Louise the cyborg and her nephew, and indeed, Louise did say they will drop by on 9th. She is punctual.

You open hailing frequencies.

"Yes?"

"Bartender Arnold here, hello again."

"Ah, hello. What is the issue?"

"None, just wanted to invite you for drinks."

"We will be disembarking for drinks, yes."

Louise ends the hail right away.

You scratch your chin in thought.

A) Twenty-plus minutes is enough for some Zirconius!
B) Twenty-plus minutes is enough for some bartending trivia!
C) Twenty-plus minutes is just enough to get comfy at the bar.
D) Twenty-plus minutes is just enough for some idle stargazing!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 05:35:37 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 20, 2023, 05:21:39 am »

B

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 20, 2023, 06:26:25 am »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 20, 2023, 06:43:10 am »

You decide to get comfy behind the bar.

1236USY.9d/1m.0302h

Shortly after 'Most Fortunate Occurence' docks, the main gate opens.

Strangely, it is only Louise who enters the main room. Wearing the same red-and-white jumpsuit as she did last time, she makes her way to the bar and gets herself comfortably seated.

"Greetings, bartender." She says, placing her hands on the counter.

"A shot of Wet Jet, for starters." You nod and quickly pour her a shot of strong and sweet smelling, clear synthol. You pass the small glass to the cyborg, and she pulls out her credchip, letting you cash in the purchase. (+20c)

Today Earnings: 20c
Monthly Earnings: 6157.5c

She eyes you for a moment, then takes the glass and drinks away half of the synthol.

A) "How's it going?"
B) "Simon isn't with you?"
C) *idle bartending noises*
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 20, 2023, 06:46:04 am »

B

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 20, 2023, 06:47:22 am »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 20, 2023, 06:58:44 am »

"Simon isn't with you?"

"No. His sleep cycle ends in about seven minutes." Louise sets the glass down and looks at you again.

"Tell me, bartender, what did Simon talk with you about last time?"

"What about it?"

"Did he say anything about... his future. Or about me?"

A) "Yes, we talked about... (insert information you want to pass to Louise)"
B) "Nothing, really."
C) "I might be willing to share private conversation with you if I know what I'm getting out of it."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 11:44:19 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 181