Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 106663 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #1665 on: August 19, 2023, 11:01:41 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 19, 2023, 04:10:32 pm »

You hail the battlecraft.

It takes few long moments before the pilot puts it through.

"Yes?"

"I'm Bartender Arnold, Outpost 254831 has drinks if you have credits."

"Noted."

There's a short pause as you ponder what to say before-

"Anything else?"

"Not really. Just advertising our services."

"Thank you. I will see you there."

And the call is ended by the Kuda. You return to the bar while the Duchess is finishing off her drink.

"More patrons?"

"Yes. Probably just one extra."

"The more the merrier as they say."

"That's true." Arma smiles, takes the last sip of her Blue Fire, and sets the glass down, sad pieces of half-melted ice huddling against each other.

A) "More drinks?"
B) CHATTY: "And to answer your question, I'm sure that there's more than enough time and former drones to 'seize the universe', so to speak."
C) CHATTY: "We've been talking about me but you're pretty secretive, so, let's turn the tables - what's up about you and your bodyguard?"
D) FLIRTY: "And to get back to the hot topic, I'm just practicing before I conquer the universe with the power of universal love~!"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 04:13:14 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 19, 2023, 04:30:42 pm »

C

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 19, 2023, 04:48:22 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 20, 2023, 05:13:26 am »

CHATTY: "We've been talking about me but you're pretty secretive, so, let's turn the tables - what's up about you and your bodyguard?" Arma lets out a hum.

"Oh, well, it is a long story."

"Trust me, I can handle long stories if last few days are any indicator." The Duchess chuckles.

"First of all, a Librarian, please." A new one. You quickly type it into the console...

Connecting...

Connecting...

Done!

Queries: librarian

>1 result found:

LIBRARIAN: 200c

2 Shots of Wóda
2 Shots of Meganekko
2 Shots of Creme Blanco

Serve in a tank glass.

You grab a clean tank, pour in some Wóda, then Meganekko, then Creme Blanco. The resultant mix is muddy, creamy and a little bit pink-tinted. You pass the glass to the Duchess, and shave off some credits off her credchip. (+200c)

Today Earnings: 499c
Monthly Earnings: 5849.5c

She takes a sip, then puts the glass down.

"Alright~ Well, my family ruled over Cordelia System since after the breakdown of old Federation few centuries ago. We had rich mineral colonies and quite a navy. When the war against EXO-Lumina began, my father threw his lot into it, hoping to score big on territories and profits. When the end of the war came, my two brothers and my dad were war casualties, so I became a Duchess for, oh, a month maybe? When the new Federation arrived with plebiscites and voting and mandatory liberation of indentured servants, I've suddenly found my household deprived of our riches, titles and territories."

"More or less, you lost everything and had to go into exile." Arma smiles sadly.

"Oh, I could see it coming for months, you know. Did my best to secure myself a private ship and some loyal servants, but in the end, only Vanessa agreed to follow through with me. Sweet girl. Her father taught her well. But yes, I'm living in exile, hopping from planet to outpost, from outpost to planet. At least they've left my account at Zanzibar Central intact, so I have few dozen million credits to spend on living."

"Not leaving anything for your family?"

"I would need to have one. My parents are dead, my brothers are too, and the only uncle I have doesn't want to have anything with me. A given, considering he wormed his way into Federal administration in Aries Sector. And I've long ago decided to not have any kids, so leaving a kid without money or loving parents is not a danger for me."

"So, then, what is the plan? Roam the galaxy until your body cannot go any longer?" Arma laughs softly and takes another sip of the Librarian.

"Oh, no, no... maybe few more years. Then I find myself a terraformed planet, or maybe some big space hub, to rent a luxurious house or apartment. I could cash in Ocean Eleven for several hundred thousand at the very least, if I need that. Vanessa wants to stay with me, but I think one day it will be better if we part ways. She is still young, has bright future before her and with her skills she will surely not have to fear unemployment."

"She is definitely ready for a fight, from what I've seen."

"Oh, that, and she is also a talented navigator, engineer, she knows mathematics and astrophysics, and can operate heavy machinery and computer, plus she can cook up a storm."

"She cooks?" Your wetware chip didn't see that coming.

"Oh, yes, very much. She has a good nose for spices and synthetic seasonings, and can prepare quite few dishes native to our star system. She can bake, too, but her cookies and pastries could see some improvement."

1236USY.8d/1m.1044h

With a hiss, the door open. You had a brief idea that talking about Vanessa's cooking have summoned her, but no, it's a new person - Kuda's pilot for sure.

The pilot in question is definitely a female android. Her pitch black hair contrasts spectacularly with her cyan-white synthetic skin and pair of purple eyes. While her face is whole, there are seams and lines on her exposed shoulders and calves, indicative of incomplete skin layering. She is wearing a bright red tank top and shorts of the same color, with heavy, black plasteel boots. Her hands are similarily incomplete, the joints of her fingers in particular being visible when she makes her way to the counter.

Only then you realize that she is wielding a sword - with ornate handle, sheathed diagonally across her back, the end of the scabbard poking slightly under her right armpit.

"Greetings. Ribesnero, shot." You consider the request for a brief moment before reaching for a shot glass and pouring some of the dark purple-blue synthol for the android. She pulls out her credchip, a black, unadorned square of plastic, lifting it for you to scan. (+5c)

Today Earnings: 504c
Monthly Earnings: 5854.5c

Quote from: New Patron ID obtained!
Patron ID: Android Model KILL-S424 (Call Name: Mayako Kuda)
Ownership: none
Conv.Style: CHILLY
Liked drinks: N/A
Disliked drinks: N/A

She takes a sip of the sour synthol, while the Duchess observes.

"What is the reason behind the staring?" Mayako asks, not looking at anyone in particular.

"Simple curiosity, dear."

"Noted." The Duchess purses her lips, and turns back to you, and her drink, taking a sip.

CHOOSE YOUR CONVERSATIONAL PARTNER:

A) Mayako: "Greetings as well."
B) Mayako: CHATTY: "What brings a licensed bounty hunter android girl all the way out there?"
C) Mayako: FLIRTY: "I would like to note that you're very pretty to the eye, indeed, you draw the stares of the entire room, you know~?"
D) Arma: CHATTY: "You were talking about Vanessa and your plans for the future?"
E) ...Or just add to sour awkwardness of the situation and do some idle bartending!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 20, 2023, 07:59:43 am »

A

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 20, 2023, 12:01:53 pm »

C

Somehow I feel she would appreciate it. She may be chilly, but perhaps a self-owned android would appreciate complements to her body-mods.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 21, 2023, 12:49:22 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 21, 2023, 01:56:33 pm »

B
she/her

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 21, 2023, 02:27:34 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 21, 2023, 02:41:48 pm »

"Greetings as well." Mayako shoots you a stare, nods, and then resumes sipping her Ribesnero.

The Duchess rolls her eyes, and sips her drink too.

It doesn't seem that the android is in mood for, or interested in, a chat.

A) CHATTY: "Duchess, you were talking about Vanessa and your plans for the future?"
B) Idle bartender time, then?
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 21, 2023, 02:54:13 pm »

A

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 21, 2023, 03:08:46 pm »

B
she/her

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 21, 2023, 03:27:46 pm »

B

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 21, 2023, 04:44:58 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 181