Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107103 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #1140 on: March 07, 2023, 06:10:02 am »

Bis a good change of topic.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 11, 2023, 04:32:18 am »

CHATTY: "Can't help but notice you've had the recipe memorized. Were you perhaps an SRC bartender in the past?"

"Oh, yes, for four years. I was freshly an adult and decided to break with my delinquent past and SRC was the most stable and least dangerous of possibilities. I was spaceside at Outpost 23858 on the Whambrosia Station in orbit of Maclunkee Prime. Hundreds of patrons a day. Had morning and evening shifts and there were four of us bartenders in total, and quite a few cute waitresses too." Jack takes a sip, reminiscing fondly about his stay with SRC it seems.

"Yours, in comparison, seems like a sanctuary of quiet. Maybe a bit too quiet, even with the music." Another sip.

"Going back to the story, Remnant Binary was a drink I botched up because it was first time I had an order for it and I was tired by end of my evening shift and read the instructions wrong. Got it seared in my memory after that."

A) CHATTY: "And are you Gesús guys doing all that cult stuff, then? Incense burning and rituals and ceremonies?"
B) CHATTY: "You wouldn't happen to remember any other drinks, do you? The Net is unreliable and sometimes it takes a lot of time to get the recipes."
C) CHATTY: "You seem to know a lot about the Rag'n'Rock cult. You hear about them a lot in your travels?"
D) FLIRTY: "You appear so slick and fashionable in that black outfit of yours, you look like a model, for reals~"
E) "Why did you call your spaceship 'Matilda'?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 11, 2023, 04:49:56 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 11, 2023, 12:15:15 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 11, 2023, 03:40:17 pm »

CHATTY: "You wouldn't happen to remember any other drinks, do you? The Net is unreliable and sometimes it takes a lot of time to get the recipes."

3*

Jack chuckles.

"When it was ever reliable? Outposts rely on subspace radio connections over the Jump Gates, so there's always problems. Well, if you asked me fresh out of SRC, sure, but nowadays... well, besides Remnant Binary, I remember Maple Syrup."

"Maple Syrup? Sounds like some sort of condiment."

"Yeah, I heard it got its name from some old-time sweet dessert sauce which recipe has been lost in the times of Old Federation. Anyway, the mix is quite simple - grab a shot glass, pour in Sucrosol and then dash in some Grande Pascale and stir gently. Thing has a sweet and heavy flavor thanks to that." You nod and memorize the recipe easily.

1236USY.5d/1m.1347h

Jack takes another sip and puts the glass down.

"So, how's life on a spaceside outpost? Lotsa work?"

"Actually, not really. I have like 3 to 5 patrons a day. I've got some engineering manuals to pass the time, plus some huge media series about Captain Zirconius." Jack scratches his chin.

"Never heard of that, but it doesn't surprise me. Long-time bartenders who get off the station usually leave some things laying around. Your predecessor must've been a media hoarder or something." You think briefly.

"Have you heard of a Caninoid fellow named S'tivan?" The preacher lets out a thoughtful hum.

"S'tivan, S'tivan... yeah it does sound familiar, I just don't remember from where."

"He was my predecessor. He collaborated with EXO-Lumina guys to steal all the company's fuel from this outpost right before he ran away. Millions of credits of damage." Jack stares at you in surprise.

"Aah, I did hear something about that, yeah! Funny, and it was this outpost, huh? This place sure got a past!" Jack concludes with a smile, then takes another sip of his Queen.

A) CHATTY: "And are you Gesús guys doing all that cult stuff, then? Incense burning and rituals and ceremonies?"
B) CHATTY: "You seem to know a lot about the Rag'n'Rock cult. You hear about them a lot in your travels?"
C) FLIRTY: "You appear so slick and fashionable in that black outfit of yours, you look like a model, for reals~"
D) "Why did you call your spaceship 'Matilda'?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 03:36:06 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 11, 2023, 03:43:44 pm »

I like this guy.

A
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 11, 2023, 04:46:26 pm »

A
Certainly an amiable fellow, yeah.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 12, 2023, 03:20:23 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 12, 2023, 03:48:19 am »

CHATTY: "And are you Gesús guys doing all that cult stuff, then? Incense burning and rituals and ceremonies?" Jack grimaces.

"What, inhalations, smoke and mirrors? No, my friend. That is not religion, that is mysticism. Putting on a show before your believers that the voice behind the curtain while you're high on synthetic vapors is your lord and sacviour? That's domain of subversive, destructive cults and scam-based megachurches. We don't do that. That kind of scheming would endanger the lives of our folk, and that is against the Dragon's wishes." He takes a sip of his drink, then sets the empty glass down.

"From our church the faithful can get morality guidelines, the datapad of prayers, and entry into our registers so that when they get in trouble, they can always seek sanctuary amongst their fellow worshippers or in a registered congregation. What our worshippers drink and snort is not our problem, but if they break our rules under influence, then they do become our problem, and we kick them out." With a huff, Jack pushes the empty glass towards you.

"A glass of Asteroids, please." You nod and prepare the tank glass, filling it with crushed ice, and pour Sucrosol and Martian into the glass, serving it to Jack, who lets you scan his credchip again. (+71c)

Today Earnings: 447c
Monthly Earnings: 3262c

Jack takes a sip and smacks his lips in contentedness.

A) CHATTY: "You seem to know a lot about the Rag'n'Rock cult. You hear about them a lot in your travels?"
B) FLIRTY: "You appear so slick and fashionable in that black outfit of yours, you look like a model, for reals~"
C) "Why did you call your spaceship 'Matilda'?"
D) "How does one join the Church of Gesús?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 03:52:12 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 12, 2023, 04:00:06 am »

Eh, Rag and Rock seem like more fun. Even if their followers are jerks who toss themselves out of airlocks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 12, 2023, 04:36:56 am »

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 12, 2023, 07:04:20 am »

C

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 12, 2023, 08:45:23 am »

C

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 12, 2023, 08:58:12 am »

hmm... I bet his ancestors were Protestant
But what the hey, D. A bit of spirituality couldn't hurt out here.

also Haspen gets to write a sci-fi prayerbook
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 12, 2023, 04:12:06 pm »

"Why did you call your spaceship 'Matilda'?"

Jack takes a sip of his drink.

"Personal reasons. Nothing special, really." He takes another sip of his Asteroids.

A) CHATTY: "You seem to know a lot about the Rag'n'Rock cult. You hear about them a lot in your travels?"
B) FLIRTY: "You appear so slick and fashionable in that black outfit of yours, you look like a model, for reals~"
C) "How does one join the Church of Gesús?"
D) Do some idle bartending, man's talked a lot already.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 181