Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107111 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #1065 on: January 22, 2023, 12:09:13 pm »

C
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 22, 2023, 12:55:28 pm »

With a nod, your pour the Vahin'Ti a shot of Equator, a rather murky white-ish synthol. Veran-Bok looks down at the glass, and then pulls a small credchip from the insides of his spacesuit, letting you scan it. (+20c)

Today Earnings: 157c
Monthly Earnings: 2972c

Quote from: New Patron ID Obtained!
Name: Veran

Further information about this Vahin'Ti citizen is unavailable to any civilian entity within New Galactic Federation in accordance with the Second Treaty of Balimat (1231USY). For more detailed inquiries related to personal information of this Vahin'Ti refer to the New Galactic Federal Xeno-Relations Bureau or the nearest Vahin'Ti Diplomatic Office.

Suddenly, the bartending console lists an alert.

SRC Xeno-Relations Bureau Warning: Several Synthols served by Synthetic Refueling Conglomerate, namely: Ribesnero, Cherrybomb, Wet Jet, Dry Jet, Bricklayer, InPulsar and Pontifex, are highly toxic to the organic structure of Vahin'Ti species owing to the chemical composition of these Synthols. All Bartenders in all Outposts are therefore warned to NOT serve the Vahin'Ti any of the listed Synthols or any Drink Mixes containing any of the listed Synthols to prevent accidental toxic shock or damage to Vahin'Ti internal organs. Any Vahin'Ti attempting to purchase any of listed Synthols or Drink mixes containing any of the listed Synthols MUST be warned by the Bartender or any other Staff at hand about toxic properties of these Synthols versus their fungal bodies. Negligence to do so will incur severe disciplinary actions against the Bartender and any other Staff present, up to and including termination of the employment contract.

The Vahin'Ti lifts the glass and then opens his mouth - a strange, tentacle like proboscis about two feet long slides out of the cross opening and tucks its ending into the shot glass, and what follows is the strangest drinking sound ever. Despite its elongated shape and thin width, the Vahin'Ti proboscis managed to empty the inside the glass from liquid in just two seconds!

"Nah, man, this b'weird." Morales says as Veran-Bok slurps his tongue back into his mouth.

"Vahin'Ti tongue is hollow inside and quite flexible and prehensile. According to human medical studies, Vahin'Ti tongues are one of the most powerful muscles in their bodies, second only to several components of their digestive tracts and their hearts." Vicky chimes in with maybe-helpful information.

"Ah, a synthetic learned in our biology. Rarity amongst outsiders." Veran-Bok replies with a polite nod of his large head.

A) "So, how was the synthol?"
B) "I have never seen or heard about Vahin'Ti, where do you come from?"
C) CHATTY: "The ID system says your name is Veran, and rank is Bok, while you mentioned the smaller one being a Mo and those three behind Ko's, how does that work? Is your society a stratified one?"
D) FLIRTY: "Oh, my, I have been graced with an actual, alien visitor. Mayhaps you would be interested in pursuing some closer inter-species relations with your humble Bartender~?"
E) "Yours is a merchantship. Are you selling anything, Veran-Bok?"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 01:01:42 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 22, 2023, 01:22:03 pm »

B

klonk
Sigtext

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 22, 2023, 01:26:28 pm »

E - We do want to buy some authenthol, or whatever the real stuff is called

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 22, 2023, 02:52:14 pm »

D. Proboscis~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 22, 2023, 05:47:38 pm »

E
E - We do want to buy some authenthol, or whatever the real stuff is called
Uh... "alcohol"?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 23, 2023, 02:04:25 am »

E
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 23, 2023, 02:58:26 pm »

"Yours is a merchantship. Are you selling anything, Veran-Bok?"

"Indeed I possess the ship of the traders. And indeed I trade the items of our craftsmen, for their handiwork in regards of crystals and glass is held in high regard. Else I can offer other crafts of my people as well as equipment for other spacefaring vessels. May you be interested in my wares?"

A) "Heck yeah, show me your cargo manifest!" (this will open trading with Veran-Bok)
B) "I will pass on that offer, and I'm actually interested about... (pick a conversational topic from previous post)
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 23, 2023, 03:29:41 pm »

BB/BA, in order of preference - I doubt he's selling alcohol, and we shouldn't buy anything that isn't alcohol until our actual paycheck comes in. I assume we get one of those? Eventually?

Remember, it's only been a few days since we started work

klonk
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 23, 2023, 10:07:14 pm »

Agreed, BB. I just wanted to know what KIND of things he has, as we clearly can't buy anything right now.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 23, 2023, 10:10:09 pm »

BB

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 24, 2023, 01:46:08 am »

BB
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 26, 2023, 11:19:50 am »

BB/BC
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 26, 2023, 12:26:22 pm »

BB

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 29, 2023, 01:42:37 pm »

"I will pass on that offer, and I'm actually interested about is that I have never seen or heard about Vahin'Ti, where do you come from?" Veran-Bok stares at you with his lamp-sized eyes for a brief moment.

"Vahin'Ti, like Veran, come from Vahin'Ti. We call ourselves after our mother ground." He pauses, then continues after few seconds. "It is were we first sprouted, it is where we strive to go after our final budding." He pauses again, this time for longer period.

"It is far from you and far from these sectors." Another lengthy pause. "The ones your people have claimed as their own." He stares at you and blinks few times.

"You 'lright there, bud?" Captain Morales says out of slight concern while Vicky peeps over at the fungoid alien.

"It has been noted that Vahin'Ti, when they imbibe various synthols, start to behave as if they were losing ability to perceive passing of time, and therefore might pause in their activities or break down their speeches like so without realizing." Veran-Bok blinks few more times.

"Most interesting feeling, this, after such synthol." A pause. "Remembered the last time it wasn't like so. Then again, a Bok isn't a Mo, and isn't as good at consumption as they."

"Yo, Bartender, a shot of Dry Jet for me." You nod at Captain Morales, and quickly prepare him a shot of the synthol he requested. He gets the glass, you get to scan his credchip again. (+20c)

Today Earnings: 157c
Monthly Earnings: 2972c

He takes a sip of Dry Jet whilst Vicky looks at Veran-Bok who continues to look a little out of it.

PICK CONVERSATION PARTNER(S):

Veran-Bok:

A) CHATTY: "You have mentioned that you guys undergo budding, and now you're talking about 'last budding', is your lifespan dictated by reproduction cycles?"
B) CHATTY: "The ID system says your name is Veran, and rank is Bok, while you mentioned the smaller one being a Mo and those three behind Ko's, how does that work? Is your society a stratified one?"
C) FLIRTY: "Oh, my, I have been graced with an actual, alien visitor. Mayhaps you would be interested in pursuing some closer inter-species relations with your humble Bartender~?"

Captain Morales&Vicky:

D) CHATTY: "You have a very interesting accent, Captain Morales. May I inquire where do you come from?"
E) FLIRTY: "You are such a big, strong man, Captain Morales, I must say your bearing is quite intoxicating for me~"
F) "I'm wondering about Vicky, she is self-owned apparently?"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 181