Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49

Author Topic: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress & Adventure [DF 0.47.05]  (Read 80155 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress (Succession Game)
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2022, 04:40:45 pm »

DFFD is up and running:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180566.msg8429155#msg8429155

(Had to make a new account, but that was a minute project.)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2022, 05:23:41 pm »

Il make a new account and upload the save, still need to post a year or two cannot recall but i have my note.

Edit: It seems that links to the original files are still intact if linked correctly so nothing is truely lost, just orphaned.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 07:17:39 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 21, 2022, 09:57:58 pm »

Il make a new account and upload the save, still need to post a year or two cannot recall but i have my note.

Edit: It seems that links to the original files are still intact if linked correctly so nothing is truely lost, just orphaned.

Yeah, it really doesn't affect Waterlures, since the file descriptions are not so important with save files.

Let me know when you've put the save up, so I can continue the peaceful lives of the elderly (and soon-to-be-adult) capies.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2022, 05:31:09 pm »

Sorry for taking a while, here is the save. The year is 367, i have one year to post and one to write up.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16163

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2022, 06:11:58 pm »

Tekkud Stardusts Yearly Review 365

What a year, this has been. During spring, small vibrations were felt. Something was coming, sure enough sneaking, a large booming voice cried out "Our time in The Ehchanted Dimensions is so brief.. Ahhhhh! No!". Followed by "Help!, save me!". Another big folk slain by Canar Spiritcoal who had killed that cycolps some years back. I inquired if anyone required aid and got filled in on the events. Find my report attached.

It seems the big folk are either getting smarter or this was just a one off. The big hunk of meat ambushed the Witch-Doctor charging her and knocking her to the ground. What followed was a chase through statues whilst our milita arrived and what followed was an all too familar brutal beating. King Zultan arriving first on the scene quickly bashed the beast multiple times and was event responsible for causing the beast to fall.
Spoiler: Battle Report (click to show/hide)
As we need better understading and documentation of medical reports and medical training. I have been teaching the little suturing i know to Iteb. Olon was preoccuppied but we can show her what we know later.

As if spring wasn't eventful enough, one of our worse fears happened. Another werebeast attack, the sicking vile creature was a twisted mockery of a gecko, its limbs contorted and convulsed like a pulsating bullfrog.

It barreled towards poor Zultan and then...

In a single blow King Zultan, bashes the beasts head in. Its disgusting head exploding into chunks of gore. Thank godness he and everyone else is safe.
Spoiler: Battle Report (click to show/hide)
My mind quickly returns to Lor. Poor guy, from the letter lil baron delivered to me, it appears he is doing well in morning wilt. A group of dwarves their know of his condition and keep him secured during the fullmoon. I hope he has come to terms with the curse of Osed he bears. It is my belief that currently Osed is pleased that he is within a forest retreat, may Osed mighty stars shine brightly for the poor lad.

Towards the later half of the year two more hillocks sprung up with a month between them. Truely fascinating, Baron has spoke to them and has even said that workers from these hillocks would come and work for us if given the message to do so. A possibility should we need laborers which unless we have some massive construction planned i don't think the kind dwarves offer will be needed. I have updated the map and attached it below.

Two new additions to the working world Ablel Sprinklegorges and Unib Bridgeriddle have decided to become a cheesemaker and milker respectivly. I for one welcome this as it is something i have been craving for while as i study away.

In other news lil baron is shaping up to a grand noble capy, he is currently being trained in combat so he will know how to defend himself on his journeys of diplomacy. He seems rather fond of his steel shield and seems to be wielding Avolitions old hammer.

Current Map of our Holdings:

(OOC - Keep Olon in the library, she is likely to pick up little pieces of medical skills, not alot but better than the none she currently has)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 07:30:20 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2022, 06:50:48 pm »

Nice!

No worries on the delay. It was a good excuse to get things done on the modding front (I think I've got it now mostly sorted out, though there's still quite a bit of placeholder stuff).

That giant encounter could've cost Yawo her life. Looks like she was quite lucky. Maybe the civilian unarmed training has helped her to hone her dodging skills (I think she's in one of the civilian squads)?

And wow, quite a number of hillocks. Guess that new dwarf baron at the Mountainhome (or wherever he is currently) is a duke by now? Not that it affects Waterlures much...for now.

I'll keep Olon in the library. Any other stuff to consider?

Just snagged the save and will probably start my turn tomorrow or the day after.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2022, 08:01:14 pm »

Tekkud Stardusts Yearly Review 366

The year was quiet, Kudpa Towerfrenzy was hobbling along the riverbed. She was out foraging in the early morning of spring. The dew and low hanging sun cascaded down as vibrant specturms of light echoed out through the entire town. Such a beautiful sight to behold and i assume to Kudpa it was especially glorious as she was a worshiper of Mater, the human god of rainbows. Whever it was Maters glorious rainbow or just the sheer sight of it all. She collapsed into the dew covered grass. A few of us rushed over to help her but there was nothing to be done. She had passed peacefully in the grass. It was truly a sad but poetic moment to behold. We soon had her interred within the crypt. With all her great stonework she had created in her lifetime it would be a shame to see it go to waste. I soon hatched my plan

The whole town helped as he brought the pedestals up and hauled the giant bones of our dead invaders and soon enough I had several grand specimens on display. Two Cyclops, two giants and two ettins. All on display for current and future generations to behold. It took me most of the year to piece together the bones, espeically the older ones that had sunk somewhat into the mud below our feet.

The milita have recently taken up a project to train some bears for combat. Only time will tell how well this will go.

It seems things are looking up, Baroness got some interesting words from the outpost liason. She decided to treat us all by order some strange and exotic meats. We soon learned her plan for these.

We also welcomed three more adult Capy's to the working world as Dishmab Mirrortraded, Geshud Cruxfloors and Inod Oilyround. Inod instantly sought to created a great work of art and insisted to become an engraver. Dishmab took a liking to the art of brewing and distiling. As for Geshud, he appears to show an interesting in leathercrafts so perhaps a leatherworker?

Last years, two new additions to the working world Ablel Sprinklegorges and Unib Bridgeriddle have settled in well to their new roles of cheesemaker and milker remarkibly well. Needless to say im looking forward to their cheesemaking future endevors as the current cheese they are making is amazing and i must confess i do find myself cutting a block or two off before bed. Infact Ablel has been giving demonstrations on his cheesemaking craft. He has certainly become proficient in a year.

To celebrate the year, Kib Spearmobbed decided to put on a grandfeast during the winter. We all got out some chairs, constructed a great roaring fire and feasted on some of Kib's finest work. A myriad of stews which went down as well as the Sasquach heart roast, which reminds to to ask baroness to "add it to the list" when shopping for meats. May the next year be sucessful and fruitful.

Spoiler: The Feast (click to show/hide)
(OOC : As for other stuff to consider not really, you have some stuff to sell. Trade has been good so we might get elevated and perhaps win baroness her title back. Beware the game has been throwing semimega beasts at us which have been easy but we might get a megabeast so training could be useful. Hence why baron is currently training. The only other thing is if you can uploading the save every year or frequent enough so i can dig through the legends and look at the greater worlds goings on and perhaps a few fluff pieces by Tekkud Stardust commenting on events idk. Good luck with the fort)

In regards to the Baron becoming a duke, he is not yet but that message could mean next year he will. I was curious about this dwarf who stole the title from our leader. What followed is clearly corruption of the highest order.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:06:19 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2022, 08:27:43 pm »

Oh no, Kudpa died!

Such a sad thing...

I mean, she was doing well, but she really, really loathed the nobility. Every time I checked her thoughts, she had been pissed off with 'em nobles (no doubt she kept running frequently into the manager and bookkeeper as she lived next door to them).

She was like the old grumpy lady who never got married despite wanting a family, snapping at everyone and so on. I really hoped she'd be able to find joy before her death.

Geesh, I guess I've come quite attached to these 'c' letters on the screen.

I've actually been checking now and then on the usurper baron, and yeah, seems like he's got some plans brewing. We'll see where this leads...

Concerning megabeasts. I'll probably have to check that have I made them trapavoid. It's something I sometimes do, but can't remember if I did it here. I think (and hope) not, but better be sure of it.

...And a good idea and reminder about the yearly saves. I've been thinking of that earlier, but forgot to ask if folk would want it. So, I'll be posting them from now on (send me a reminder if I forget!).

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2022, 10:59:11 pm »

curious political schemes, indeed. The treasure is a dead giveaway.

"Excuse me, sir, why do you carry as much loot as a Oblivion character?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 23, 2022, 08:00:50 am »

Dang villainous dwarves stealing our towns titles.

Also pretty cool my guy killed the werebeast with one hit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 23, 2022, 08:56:16 am »

Indeed the villainous Stukos Matchedsabres is living the life of luxury and is clearly profiting over our growth and hold. According to the wiki since we have 4 holdings, if we have a high export amount he could be promoted to count. Additionally we are close on the baron triggers that it could cause our "baron" to arrive at the site.

If that occurs, i see that as the necromancer king, insisting that his lavish holding is a suitable living situation and to get this guy off the kings vast treasure hoard.

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2022, 10:10:28 am »

There's quite a bit more to Stukos than one might guess.

If you look closely at his father's name, you might notice something awfully familiar there... Might change opinions of the capies on a certain dwarf if that ever comes to be common knowledge.

Also, Stukos has only one child still alive (who was imprisoned by goblins and lives among them, so it might be interesting if he ever inherits the baronial position). Most of them have met a tragic end during werebeast attacks, but there's one interesting death: Iden Geardead who drowned in the year 336.

Where did she drown? Well, in Waterlures.

Who was she? She was the outpost liaison of the Fenced Amusement and she was appointed to the position only a year before her father, Stukos, took the position of baron from our beloved Kasat.

Makes you wonder what kind of foul play was at work from the outpost liaison and was her drowning five years later an accident after all?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2022, 10:46:29 am »

was pretty tired and did a light read of him. Yeah his family had its own chain of werezebra that resulted in a lot of his childrens deaths.

Didn't realise the fathers name... feels like someone has some explaining to do. Also interesting that this is more layered than one imagined. A dwarf who has lost too much to lose his daughter in a place that likely his father assured to him was safe. Makes you wonder.

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 23, 2022, 11:04:30 am »

Didn't realise the fathers name... feels like someone has some explaining to do.

Yeah, I only noticed this after you posted the image with the family tree. Was like, "now wait I second... I know that dwarf!" and oh my.

Will have to see how this will be spun into the narrative at some point... (I do have some ideas, but I'll need to do a bit more research before that to "keep in line" with what the game actually says.)

Other than that, just been checking the state of things in Waterlures.

Looks good except I'll have to do quite the amount of butchering: we got over 200 animals, welp. (I probably forgot to mention that once in a while you should cull the lambs and what-not. Not a biggie, though the stores won't be enough for all that meat and fat, lol.)

I'm also assigning rooms to the kids who've grown up and all sorts of other not-so-interesting things that need to be done when a kid becomes an adult.

And it'll take a bit of time to reorient myself to the Waterlures mood, so there won't necessarily be actual game time today (so, don't expect a report).

Edit. Damn, I love this game. No matter how much you play DF, it always throws something unexpected and super interesting in your face. Easily the best story-telling tool there is to be found.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2022, 11:31:32 am »

Not sure if you noticed AvolitionBrit, but 15 year old Kogan (the son of Kib and Edu) is married to Fikod (the daughter of 'Zultan' and Ilral, also 15 years)! (Or, maybe you posted about it and I just missed it?)

This is actually very good news. I was a bit worried will we get the new capies to pair up, but looks like they've done it all by themselves without any guidance! Yay!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49